Murray knew all about Whyte

MrSifter

The information was there and a lot of it was being shared. It was just that anyone who mentioned it or spoke about it was dismissed as Timmy or Declan. (tu)

We always want to see the best in the ones we love(Rangers). I can't say I ever trusted him, but could I have imagined what he would do with my club? Never. Not in a million years.

And if I was convinced I knew he would do what he did I wouldn't have waited to say "I knew". I would have forcibly stopped him!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every news outlet i havd seen carried the wages rise story rather than bonus.

Every news outlet also carried the story of Whyte being a billionaire. Look how that turned out.

The facts of the matter are that we went from £11.7m pre tax loss in 2009 to a £5.6m pre tax profit in 2010 whilst reducing our true net debt by almost £11m whilst still winning the league.

As a CEO, irrespective of anyones view on what he done or didnt do, his bonus year on year is measured on the above items, and thats why he got an additional £165k over the previous horrible financial year. (tu)

We always want to see the best in the ones we love(Rangers). I can't say I ever trusted him, but could I have imagined what he would do with my club? Never. Not in a million years.

And if I was convinced I knew he would do what he did I wouldn't have waited to say "I knew". I would have forcibly stopped him!

People tried to stop him. AJ, Bain, McIntyre, some fans. Through a contact, i asked for various meetings with him and was refused. He got rid of, and alienated, every person who could see through his carnage.

He is an utter kunt of a man. (tu)

And the debt was not manageable under Bain's control lloyds forced muir onto the board to get the debt down otherwise there was no point in having him there. Bain was useless no point in discussing it any further with me i am a stubborn bastard on this issue.

..... being a stuborn bastard does not mean you are correct tho' :pipe:

LTSB's responsibility was to get their money back for the shareholder/taxpayer. With the uncertainty of the cases it's only natural they would apply pressure. LTSB employees played a blinder (from their point of view) in recovering all their liabilities.

Whatever way you look at this, all roads lead back to David Murray, an inveterate liar.

That’s one way to look at it. I say it’s out of context with the debts of MIH as a whole. The £18m from Rangers was only a small percentage of this and I may be wrong, but I have read on a number of occasions it was the only part of the business to be making a profit and as such diminishing the overall debt. So from that point of view it made no sense at all. Furthermore it risked alienating the club’s support, many of whom have accounts with Lloyds. Don’t forget it was widely reported that prior to Whyte’s take over that Lloyds had stated that they were satisfied that he had the personal finance to fund his acquisition of the club. It’s a bit like the BTC, why go after the subsidiary (Rangers) when the EBT’s were in operation within the parent company, MIH?

I just don’t get the anti-Murray thing. When he took over Rangers we were going nowhere fast accept down. Contrary to what many believe he did spend millions of his own cash on the club and brought about one of the most successful periods of our history, a period of our history that we are all willing to fight to preserve. At this moment in time none of us know the verdict of the BTC, if it does go in our favour what crime did SDM commit to deserve the flack he gets? I don’t remember any out cry from our fans when he bought in the big name players, I know I didn’t complain and haven’t met anybody who did. If anything the one thing he could have been guilty of was continuing to bring in world class players after the English teams were allowed back into European competitions. I for one will not be jumping the gun to call the man who helped us win numerous domestic trophies, get to a UEFA cup final and within 90 minutes of reaching a Champions League final a liar. It may be a long time until the whole truth of what has gone on with Ranger is known, untill then I wont be calling for SDM's head, indeed there are enough real enemie of the club on whom we should be directing our attention. At the end of the day we are both entitled to our views and the right to debate them. A right that if some had their way we would not have.

That’s one way to look at it. I say it’s out of context with the debts of MIH as a whole. The £18m from Rangers was only a small percentage of this and I may be wrong, but I have read on a number of occasions it was the only part of the business to be making a profit and as such diminishing the overall debt. So from that point of view it made no sense at all. Furthermore it risked alienating the club’s support, many of whom have accounts with Lloyds. Don’t forget it was widely reported that prior to Whyte’s take over that Lloyds had stated that they were satisfied that he had the personal finance to fund his acquisition of the club. It’s a bit like the BTC, why go after the subsidiary (Rangers) when the EBT’s were in operation within the parent company, MIH?

I just don’t get the anti-Murray thing. When he took over Rangers we were going nowhere fast accept down. Contrary to what many believe he did spend millions of his own cash on the club and brought about one of the most successful periods of our history, a period of our history that we are all willing to fight to preserve. At this moment in time none of us know the verdict of the BTC, if it does go in our favour what crime did SDM commit to deserve the flack he gets? I don’t remember any out cry from our fans when he bought in the big name players, I know I didn’t complain and haven’t met anybody who did. If anything the one thing he could have been guilty of was continuing to bring in world class players after the English teams were allowed back into European competitions. I for one will not be jumping the gun to call the man who helped us win numerous domestic trophies, get to a UEFA cup final and within 90 minutes of reaching a Champions League final a liar. It may be a long time until the whole truth of what has gone on with Ranger is known, untill then I wont be calling for SDM's head, indeed there are enough real enemie of the club on whom we should be directing our attention. At the end of the day we are both entitled to our views and the right to debate them. A right that if some had their way we would not have.

Aye, Murray won all those games and trophies. All hail him. :rolleyes:

You'd have seen many more complaints if it was known he was spending cash we couldn't afford. Just who is a bigger enemy than him? Mismanaged us to the extent the bank took over, EBT farce which has been damaging regardless of the outcome, constant lies about not relying on European money, taking nothing out of Rangers and being 'duped', selling to a conman after years of insistance he'd only sell to the person right for Rangers.

Wake up, he's done more damage to us than anyone else.

People tried to stop him. AJ, Bain, McIntyre, some fans. Through a contact, i asked for various meetings with him and was refused. He got rid of, and alienated, every person who could see through his carnage.

He is an utter kunt of a man. (tu)

Big claim to say you knew he'd used future season ticket money to fund his purchase and stopped paying the taxman,

Not saying you are saying that Alukoman but are you? End of the day those were the only smoking guns as far as his Rangers management goes.

Was Celtic friendly Manus Fullerton not ultimately the guy who pushed Lloyds TSB into demanding Murray sold Rangers to googly eyes?

As I understand it he had actually left by then, but I could be wrong. I do believe that at least one of the two people LTSB put on the board was a known supporter of our biggest rivals. Though that does not prove that he did anything wrong, it does open up a possible conflict of interests that should have kept him out of it in my view.

Aye, Murray won all those games and trophies. All hail him. :rolleyes:

You'd have seen many more complaints if it was known he was spending cash we couldn't afford. Just who is a bigger enemy than him? Mismanaged us to the extent the bank took over, EBT farce which has been damaging regardless of the outcome, constant lies about not relying on European money, taking nothing out of Rangers and being 'duped', selling to a conman after years of insistance he'd only sell to the person right for Rangers.

Wake up, he's done more damage to us than anyone else.

To paraphrase a supposed former fan of our club "mibbey's aye, mibbey's naw". I think that in truth the bulk of the fans were quite happy to see Murray throw his money at the club as long as it kept us ahead of c****c and only turned against him whem he could no longer do this. As for mismanagement, like many others around the world he was caught out by a world wide recesssion that was caused by corrupt bankers. If the EBT case goes against us then you are correct, if it doesn't that their use cannot be described as farcical, it ha been reported that many other clubs/businesses use them and HMRC haven't bothered them. Indeed it has been proven that HMRC employees have been helping to set up these schemes. If you pour millions in to a business you are entitled to take money out as well. As for the Whyte sage I'm sure there will be a heck of a lot of more reports in the press before we see the truth on that one and untill it is proven otherwise I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

The fact is there has been an element of the fan base who disliked Murray after he distanced the club from the protestant/unionist side of things that had been attached to the club over the years, though he did maintain the fact that we were a British club. Btw, I am in no way trying to say you were/are one of thes fans.

What utter pish. We had 44000 st holders when SDM took over. We were top of the league and were already undergoing what came to be know as the 'souness revolution'. Also by that logic, before he started gassing Jews Hitler done no too bad for Germany. Will we just ignore the bad shit he done after it?

What utter pish. We had 44000 st holders when SDM took over. We were top of the league and were already undergoing what came to be know as the 'souness revolution'. Also by that logic, before he started gassing Jews Hitler done no too bad for Germany. Will we just ignore the bad shit he done after it?

I like the principal of your argument, but it irks me when someone uses the "Hitler example" to debate........ but I enjoy your posts so ignore my pet peeve completely!There was absolutely no reason for me to type this.

I like the principal of your argument, but it irks me when someone uses the "Hitler example" to debate........ but I enjoy your posts so ignore my pet peeve completely!There was absolutely no reason for me to type this.

Yeah they hitler example normally annoys the fuck out of me too but it seemed apt in this instance.