Ian Black

Captain Hilts

He's in the same category as Shiels, both were excellent last season for their respective clubs and they have given virtually "jack shit" for us. Are they too complacent because they know they won't be dropped by their pal Ally?

He needs his arse kicked or dropped til he gets the message

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a leader, you can see that. Straight after the 'incident' with the fans on Sunday he went staight back to trying to talk the younger players through the game.

He knows the game and he knows he isn't playing it the way he's capable of. But he's not been as bad as se make out.

A good little blog on newsnow regarding Ian Black points out that hes cutting a frustrated figure right now, getting booted up and down the pitch and trying not to respond in kind as im sure Allys told him to keep his head as he would be sent off for any of the challanges hes had to put up with, but his frustrations coming out in his arguments with fans and a genral lack of focus in his play. Will the real Ian Black please stand up, and then put one of those fingers on each hand up, and be proud to be out of your mind and out of control, one more time loud as you can, how does it go?

He's about half the player a lot on here thought he was before he signed, but even at that he should be strolling these games. Maybe the big pay-day is going to him and the others heads, or maybe now they have it they don't give a fuck because we are stuck with them.

He's no playing out of position.

He is not a right midfield player or an attacking midfield player which is where he has been asked to play.He iwas brilliant for Hearts ina holding role where he could spread play with his passing ability and break up play with his vision and movement. Yet another player who has been played out of position and disappointing.

who would you have signed instead of Black?

Skacel.

Or just about anyone else.

If Ally wants to pay me 8 grand a week to try gee a few players up and have a bit of a moan, my PM box is open.

He's a passenger 90% of the time.

We shouldn't have signed Sandaza, Kyle, Black or Cribari in the summer.

Instead we should have been looking to bring in a young CB from the SPL like Gunning or Hutchinson. A right-winger would have been nice too. I would have been happy with McCulloch, Little and McKay as our forward options.

I love a forum....and peoples different ideas / opinions

Ian Black? for me....not a Ranger.

I havent really seen him dominate a game yet

Ive seen him shout at a few team-mates (usually when he;s lost the ball)

Ive seen him shout at supporters

Ive seen him complain non-stop

I havent seen 1 incisive pass

Sorry Fifebearette.......I dont rate him

I love a forum....and peoples different ideas / opinions

Ian Black? for me....not a Ranger.

I havent really seen him dominate a game yet

Ive seen him shout at a few team-mates (usually when he;s lost the ball)

Ive seen him shout at supporters

Ive seen him complain non-stop

I havent seen 1 incisive pass

Sorry Fifebearette.......I dont rate him

David Templetons first Rangers goal

Jeeing people up? moaning at others u mean!!! A greetin faced toe rag who needs to pull his finger out and find the form we know he is capable of

The last two games ive noticed he doesnt get on well with Shiels .They have a contempt for one another from what ive seen recently .Shiels has his moments but Black moaning at anyone around him takes the biscuit.He is needing to get his finger out his arse.End of

Black was excellent playing the water carrier/quarterback role for Hearts spreading the play to the wide men like Santana, Driver & Templeton.

He hasn't played anything like that role for us because we don't really play with wide men for him to spread the play to and being the senior player in midfield beside either Mcleod or Hutton he has more responsibility to be creative going forward when if isn't his strongest suite.

He needs to do more, but we need to use him properly to truly see the best of him.

Black will start playing when the team starts playing and Ally stops with his awful tactics and playing style. Davis and Edu were awful too last season playing under the current mismanagement. Very rarely does Allys Rangers dominate a midfield which is why they resort to throwing long balls at McCulloch. Awful....

Black was excellent playing the water carrier/quarterback role for Hearts spreading the play to the wide men like Santana, Driver & Templeton.

He hasn't played anything like that role for us because we don't really play with wide men for him to spread the play to and being the senior player in midfield beside either Mcleod or Hutton he has more responsibility to be creative going forward when if isn't his strongest suite.

He needs to do more, but we need to use him properly to truly see the best of him.

i agree about the lack of width. hopefully when Templeton is back we will see the best of him. some of the link up play in the Elgin game between they 2 was excellent

Blacks been pish but no the only one! Ally's tactics are very basic and the fact is we have players training full time and getting paid thousands a week to play in division 3. Less of the bullshit about no pre-season, not had time to gel etc. Teams were playing against have players earning £80 a week, work 2 jobs and probably only make training when it works round their shifts! Honeymoons well and truly over. No saying to panic but arses need booted and ally needs a rethink big time!!!