What we all need....

AlBear.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder if ally will get the same sbuse for going out of 3 cups (if we lose on saturday) as other managers have had at this stage of the season

You just don't get it. Our mission is to get back to the top division in Scottish Football ASAP. A cup run is a nice distraction from the league, but the league is where we must make our stand. We are top with a team assembled in a rush only 3 months ago. Being top of the league in May is ALL that matters.

You just don't get it. Our mission is to get back to the top division in Scottish Football ASAP. A cup run is a nice distraction from the league, but the league is where we must make our stand. We are top with a team assembled in a rush only 3 months ago. Being top of the league in May is ALL that matters.

great lets grind our way to the SPL for 3 years without making significant improvements on the park,thats a great way to keep the fans interested

You know m8, Ive not long joined this forum but always read forum regularly and enjoyed when we were all rallying around to get behind our team but lately I read more about the piggory, Black, Ally and few other players get ripped apart on here. I joined this forum because I thought it was all about getting behind your team we are 9 games into season top of the league ok out of a couple of cups but hey that was more of a pay day for them than us,yet its not good enough for some. I agree not pretty football but hey thats life at the moment. I get lots shite off guys I know well that are eastside supporters about oldco newco shite I thought I could come on here chill get bit of banter. I really dont care at the moment I just want to win the leagues and get back to where we belong I really dont care how we do it as long as we do it. At moment we can do nothing on the coach and playing side of things because of the transfer bans, but we have to be careful some of our player decide sod it im off before our transfer ban is over. I will still be there regardless of results or how we play, afterall thats what real supporters of a football team does.Edit Would rather wins games at these lower league games than play pretty football and get pumped every week

Im not going to say you are missing the point because its obvious you are looking at the positives and that is commendable BUT just winning the 3rd division and scraping through the next few years is not good enough. We need to change and improve as a football team. I have been brought up a Rangers fan and that wont change no matter how bad we play but at the end of the day I still want to see us progress and entertain. This 3 months excuse is exactly that an excuse....Professional players training every day should be able to gel after a few games. Im sorry but this is our chance to change our philosophy and by that I mean the fans as well and unfortunately its not happening...patience is important here but what we actually all need is to see some progress.

Our mission is to play good football and give our fans their moneys worth.

We have failed on both on a number of occasions, we have a team full of SPL and international players remember....

Rangers have one the best hospitality in world football. Fans visiting Ibrox certainly get their monies worth. How is our team full of SPL players and internationals. Shiels, Little, Jig, Alexander, Wallace, Templeton, Black, Sandaza. That's eight players, two of which are sidelined with injuries and one just coming back.

Im not going to say you are missing the point because its obvious you are looking at the positives and that is commendable BUT just winning the 3rd division and scraping through the next few years is not good enough. We need to change and improve as a football team. I have been brought up a Rangers fan and that wont change no matter how bad we play but at the end of the day I still want to see us progress and entertain. This 3 months excuse is exactly that an excuse....Professional players training every day should be able to gel after a few games. Im sorry but this is our chance to change our philosophy and by that I mean the fans as well and unfortunately its not happening...patience is important here but what we actually all need is to see some progress.

You need to change your expectations then. Winning three divisions in a row will be a mighty achievement after what our club survived. The team has been together for 3 months how is it an excuse? It's a fact. I gave you a fact if you want to ignore it as irrelavent that's up to you.

Rangers have one the best hospitality in world football. Fans visiting Ibrox certainly get their monies worth. How is our team full of SPL players and internationals. Shiels, Little, Jig, Alexander, Wallace, Templeton, Black, Sandaza. That's eight players, two of which are sidelined with injuries and one just coming back.

We are filled with quality and we have superior players to 99% of teams we play yet you often don't notice who is the team filled with thay quality.I don't pay to come and see the sites, I pay to watch my team play football and a decent brand too.I've done the tours, I've grew up in Ibrox.

I agree with you, but we must be honest with ourselves and admit that until the QOTS game, we had high hopes in all the cups.

I agree with you, but we must be honest with ourselves and admit that until the QOTS game, we had high hopes in all the cups.

Definately. But I'm one of those "head in the sand" types. I'd back Rangers against anyone on anyday. Had we got to the Semi I would have celebrated emphatically. I'm all signed up on CCCS, ticked Semi-Finals and Finals and I'm raring to go. But after the Ramsdens Cup exit I re-evaluated my own expectations. A cup would be the quintessential GIRUY to the sfa, spl and all the wee cunts that stuck the boot in. But winning 3 promotions in a row has to be our main goal. Rebuilding our squad and getting back to the top is more important than a cup right now. Yes, a cup would give us all something to hold up and revel in. But this is a long journey with no quick fixes. It will take hard work and patience. We'll get there. WATP

As much as I would like Rangers to win a cup this year in addition to winning Div 3 I will absolutley settle for winning Div 3. I fully accept that the quality of players we have should be more than capable of winning the division, and that same squad will have to get us to half way through next season towards winning Div 2. On paper I also believe that the squad is capable of strong cup runs and of winning the league or scottish cup. But paper theory on cup runs / wins is proving to be beyond the squad right now. This time next year I'll probably not be so generous in writing the cup experience so far off as the early learning curve of a newly formed team. Ally had better have instilled more lethal finiahing, more craft, more determinaion, more skill and more 'gel' so that the capabilities of the squad are more apparant and translated into cup results and performances that outshine last nights performance by a long distance.

That said, we are rebuilding and that rebuild to the very top will be challenging. But whatever it takes and whatever time it takes Rangers has my full support. I'm off for a cup of tea now as my blood is still a bit boiling from the game last night.

Definately. But I'm one of those "head in the sand" types. I'd back Rangers against anyone on anyday. Had we got to the Semi I would have celebrated emphatically. I'm all signed up on CCCS, ticked Semi-Finals and Finals and I'm raring to go. But after the Ramsdens Cup exit I re-evaluated my own expectations. A cup would be the quintessential GIRUY to the sfa, spl and all the wee cunts that stuck the boot in. But winning 3 promotions in a row has to be our main goal. Rebuilding our squad and getting back to the top is more important than a cup right now. Yes, a cup would give us all something to hold up and revel in. But this is a long journey with no quick fixes. It will take hard work and patience. We'll get there. WATP

Well put. Thumbsup.

As much as I would like Rangers to win a cup this year in addition to winning Div 3 I will absolutley settle for winning Div 3. I fully accept that the quality of players we have should be more than capable of winning the division, and that same squad will have to get us to half way through next season towards winning Div 2. On paper I also believe that the squad is capable of strong cup runs and of winning the league or scottish cup. But paper theory on cup runs / wins is proving to be beyond the squad right now.    This time next year I'll probably not be so generous in writing the cup experience so far off as the early learning curve of a newly formed team. Ally had better have instilled more lethal finiahing, more craft, more determinaion, more skill and more 'gel' so that the capabilities of the squad are more apparant and translated into cup results and performances that outshine last nights performance by a long distance.

That said, we are rebuilding and that rebuild to the very top will be challenging. But whatever it takes and whatever time it takes Rangers has my full support. I'm off for a cup of tea now as my blood is still a bit boiling from the game last night.

Well put also. Another thumbsup.

So my twelve month target then is:

1. Division 3 Champions, hopefully won with clear points advantage, but will settle for the 'the milkfloat is changing direction' if that's what it takes.

2. Sitting top of the league, 9 games in to next season, with clear point advantage

3. Still in the Ramsdens Cup

4 Still in the league cup and Scottish Cup

5. Having some belief in the reasonably consistent ability of the players and the manager to turn it on sometimes and play a good game of football together.

Hmm - Is that target modest or ambitious?

Ffs, if winning the 3rd is as seen as a.great feat considering we out spend 3 2 and 1 on wages then they need their head looking at,.

We should be coasting this division,but for whatever reason on most match days a neutral would struggle to see which team was pro and part time, it is well short of rangers standard.

WE are 9 games into a league season and top of 3rd, what more can the team do, finish 1st in division one by the end of the season. I totally agree its well below Rangers standard, but if we win the league which is expected then job done yes / no. As we progress through the divisions we will make progress as the standard of football will be better, some or our young players will have a good season under their belts and I am 100% sure the team quality of football will improve, be patient.

<p>

I agree 100% and would only change one wee thing of your post mate - I would have included a full stop at the end.

I've also lowered my expectations and am kind of happy with any type of result these days. The reasons are simple. Although we have amazing fans, a great stadium and(IMO)a very good CEO, we do not have very much quality coupled with experience on the park or throughout the squad. There are some experienced players with a bit of quality, Alexander, Wallace, Templeton and maybe Shiels. We have a motivating Captain in Jig and some kids with potential to do well. But that' about it and it's not much to be challenging on all fronts. We also have Super Ally, who is loved and deserves to be in the job, but right now there are plenty of question marks regarding his ability to become a top notch manager.

So my expectations right now are simply limited to getting out of SFL3. I know it's rather sad but that's where I think we are these days.

But fuck it, we will follow on. And we will rise again. That I have no doubt.

WATP.

You just don't get it. Our mission is to get back to the top division in Scottish Football ASAP.

You just dont get it. Our mission is to become a better football team and win as much as possible. Given our resources we should get back to the top division easily but with current management I have severe doubts.