Small Change - Big Difference

scarkev

Now I know some will get carried away after what was a very good performance with the usual thats us now...etc and although Im still not so sure its an excuse for our style of play Albear is probably right that inconsistent performances will happen. But the fact is we were very good today all round.

There are many factors which affect a performance....Player attitudes seemed much better today, tempo was good from the start, standard of opposition wasnt as good and of course the early goal makes a massive difference......But the biggest factor of all for me was that we played with width and got Sheils into a position where he can affect the game (no 10 role....even though he was 9!)

Even if Aird does nothing all game the fact we have that outlet is a massive difference as it allows us to maintain possession easier and stretch teams and like you saw with at least 3 of our goals, creates space for midfield runners. That extra space also allowed Black and Mcleod to dominate in the middle unlike the last 3 performances where I feel they have been on each others toes.

I also thought it was noticeable today that Alexander didnt go long as often and we used our full backs much more effectively. I know he isnt the best but the Greek lad does give us an extra option in an attacking sense and I really hope its not to serious an injury. All in all much better and proves we can play football which is all I want...I just want to see us progress and try to play the right way...results and performances like that will be a bonus but for the first time in a few weeks I can honestly say above all else that I really enjoyed watching that today and that is how it should be.....

Ally has taken alot of criticism from me and others and there will be bigger challenges to come and I still have concerns over his ability to affect change in a game but credit where it is due...He saw that Wednesday (and I hope on reflection the 2 previous matches we won) was not good enough and he changed it....Football really is a simple game and the best managers I think keep it simple...hopefully he takes today on board and continues to keep width in our team...we always look so much better when we have it.

On a side note I thought wee Mckay looked superb when he came on and when Temps is fit I would like Ally to keep him in the team interchanging with Aird to give us that spark going forward.

Incosistency will not be eradicated as easy as that. But, hopefully the players will gain massive confidence from dominating a game and getting a fantastic score, and use that confidence to improve week on week.

But, those expecting every result from now on to be equal or better than todays need to wake up.

I'm just fucking happy right now.

Go on Rangers, Go on Ally, Go on Jig, Go on Deano, Go on Wee McKay, Aird and Crawford. We Are The People! :21:

And get well soon Argyriou, hope it's not too bad.

Totally agree, wingers always stretch a these teams.

Can't wait for David Cooper Templeton to be back.

However do you think wingers will be as effective away from home on these tiny plastic pitches? Or should we continue to try to mob the midfield and hope for breaks?

Incosistency will not be eradicated as easy as that. But, hopefully the players will gain massive confidence from dominating a game and getting a fantastic score, and use that confidence to improve week on week.

But, those expecting every result from now on to be equal or better than todays need to wake up.

I'm just fucking happy right now.

Go on Rangers, Go on Ally, Go on Jig, Go on Deano, Go on Wee McKay, Aird and Crawford. We Are The People! :21:

And get well soon Argyriou, hope it's not too bad.

No reason the performances shouldn't be the same, obviously won't score 7 every week.

Has been a problem in the past causing us all sorts of troubles sitting too deep, gotta keep pushed up and the pressure on, defence actually looked as if they were working as a unit today for the first time, now another damn injury, hope it isn't to serious.

we done what we should be doing against part timers,

the players know they can do it, the management know what needs to be done to do it, we just need to do it every single game, against part timers there is simply no excuse, even the small tight pitches away from home we should still be able to play keep the ball as we are miles better than them

cracking result today

Totally agree, wingers always stretch a these teams.

Can't wait for David Cooper Templeton to be back.

However do you think wingers will be as effective away from home on these tiny plastic pitches? Or should we continue to try to mob the midfield and hope for breaks?

I think that's been one of our biggest problems away from home that we perceive we have to play a more rigid direct game which just isn't true.

3G pitches nowadays are far more conducive to a passing game and even on a small park we should still try and make it as big as possible.

When we play direct we play into these teams hands and ultimately it is not good football...when we pass and move, keep our width, use our full backs and press high we will see the benefits in our results and performances.

We have a lot of inexperienced players throughout the squad so will have to put up with inconsistent performances from time to time. Was looking through the 1st team squad the other night and only about 8 or 9 from the 1st team have played over 50 senior games. Of that 8 or 9 players 3 have hardly kicked a ball in the last 2 seasons, Kyle's been Injured, Emilson's had about 14 odd games in 2 years and Alexander was backup to Mcgregor.

Great win today and great play an goals but it's getting out of third division thats the end game. And if we play like that, as we should. Then its Upwards and onwards. As if anyway,well chuffed today.think I might add a bit of 7up to my voddie.

Great win and I enjoyed the game. One other area where I thought we did better was in winning the ball back more quickly and in harrying them early to frustrate any composure to their game. In other words generally a good work rate. Asserting authority on the game was also pleasing to see and a streak of ruthlessness is no bad thing. It puts a strong marker down to opposition teams that Rangers mean business - real business - and that the we are on the march back to the very top.