Is this the beginning of the end ?

robg58

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A second tier of just 10 teams compared to 16 above and below seems odd to me!

Does seem odd but i think Scotland has too many clubs for such a small country, unless clubs like say Dundee and Dundee Untied amalgamated then maybe this is the best way to fit all the teams in.

That's what I was thinking Sky would never wear that

Is 2 not better than the 0 they get at the moment?

We need to stop relying in TV money for now and I think that is Charles Green's plan.

A 16 team league works better for the fans IMHO because there is nowt worse than playing the same team half a dozen times in a season.

Is 2 not better than the 0 they get at the moment?

We need to stop relying in TV money for now and I think that is Charles Green's plan.

A 16 team league works better for the fans IMHO because there is nowt worse than playing the same team half a dozen times in a season.

2 is better than 0 but I don't think this present situation will be allowed to continue much longer.

I do think this season has shown us that you don't have to play the "big" teams as often to enjoy the season although I think what little tv money we get would be missed

What a confusing heap of fucking shite. It will only be interesting for 5 minutes until everyone figures out who the fuck goes up and down and what league they are in then it'll all be the same.

Why a different Relegation/Promotion system in each league?

And surely there has to finally be some relegation from div 3 and some sort of system worked out whereby a team is promoted from the Highland League/East of Scotland League/other equivalent.

And surely there has to finally be some relegation from div 3 and some sort of system worked out whereby a team is promoted from the Highland League/East of Scotland League/other equivalent.

'The bottom side in the three leagues would play the best side from a pyramid structure to keep their league status.'

Guest KarlG45

I don't understand this obsession with play-offs. For me the league tells its own story. If you're in a relegation place, you go down - simples!

I'm still fucking raging that the sheep finished bottom a few seasons ago, but thanks to beating a shitey Dunfermline team managed to stay in the SPL!!!

Some silly people think playoffs will be a money earner - as they are in England.

Sadly given the pathetic attendances in Scotland the idea is already doomed.

It is doomed already as there is no way the SPL clubs will vote for this or indeed anything that damages them.

It is doomed already as there is no way the SPL clubs will vote for this or indeed anything that damages them.

They need to get their heads around the long term future. Some of them will be up against it financially for a few years if the changes did go ahead but the whole set up drastically needs overhauled and they have to see this.

But you're right, selfishness will kick in at it will be the same old shite for years to come. They're a shower of shortsighted fools.

http://sport.stv.tv/....turing-plans/?

Scottish Football League clubs have given their "unanimous backing" to plans for a change to the nation's professional league structure.

Chief executive David Longmuir presented a proposal for a 16-10-16 format to the 30 sides on Wednesday and confirmed shortly after they had been met with widespread approval.

The plans will now be presented to the Scottish FA's Professional Game Board. The Scottish Premier League, who are currently devising their own separate plans, would also have to confirm they are satisfied with the proposal.

SPL sides would have to vote 11-1 in favour to push through the disbanding of the top flight and amalgamate with the SFL.

It is understood the SPL as a whole is not in favour of the SFL's suggestions, although further discussions are to take place.

A proposal to include Celtic and Rangers reserve sides in the third tier of the league setup is not part of the pack shown to SFL clubs. However, STV understands the idea will be considered as a compromise is sought with top flight sides.

The proposal in full

Sixteen teams would comprise the "Premier Division" under the SFL's plans. Two teams would automatically be relegated to the "Championship", with play-offs introduced to determine the final promotion spot.

The teams finishing 13th and 14th in the top flight would play each other, with the losers being relegated and the winners retaining their place in the Premier Division.

The sides finishing third and fourth in the Championship would also play off, with the winners being promoted.

Ten clubs would play in the second tier. Two go up automatically, with two going down to the First Division. The team finishing eighth would be involved in a relegation play-off.

The team finishing fifth in the First Division would take on the Championship opponent, while third and fourth in the First Division would also face each other.

Similar to the current SFL play-off format, a final would be played between the two tie winners to decide which takes up a place in the second tier in the new campaign.

End of the beginning.

QJ