Stv news Rangers exclusive coming up

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given our financial position over the last few months i would have thought at least an informal wage cap would have been an obvious step. The "end of top class players" depends on your definition of top class. Xavi was always off the radar, but we will still be able to sign some of the best talent in Scotland - Templeton being the point in question.

It sounds like STV trying to manufacture a story at the clubs expense.

Why is it all the media outlets still seem to think we are fair game when it comes to shit stirring?

Not just Scotland, we should be looking further afield. A fraction of the silly money we've spent on players wages in the past, redirected to some top drawer scouting staff, would pay dividends.

Was it a wage cap? Didnt watch the news, what is the limit to be?

I really think the whole of football should follow suit, wages in the Premiership are ridiculous, players like Yaya Toure earning in a week what an ordinary working man would take years to earn, terrible. Its us that's the way forward as usual :sherlock:

Just to add on to my previous post I think a wage cap of say £5k is more than sufficient for when we are in the lower lague, I would actually be tempted to make it less than that. Fill the squad with young lads hungry to play for the jersey and loyal old heads like Jig, Wallace and Alexander. No need for over paid, average, foreign mercenaries, look where that got us before :rolleyes:

CG said a number of weeks ago that the squad would be made of youngsters with ten guys on 10 k a week........also said that the days of paying huge transfer fees are at an end.

We will be dealing in the out of contract market..why pay £3m or £5m for a player plus wages when you could say use an extra one mill or one and half mil to top up the !0k a week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the sort of player who may move up a gear and we get money from.

CG said a number of weeks ago that the squad would be made of youngsters with ten guys on 10 k a week........also said that the days of paying huge transfer fees are at an end.

We will be dealing in the out of contract market..why pay £3m or £5m for a player plus wages when you could say use an extra one mill or one and half mil to top up the !0k a week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the sort of player who may move up a gear and we get money from.

10K a week for Div 3? I hope thats a typo!

If the underlying message at Rangers is really cut the wage cloth to fit the circumstances of a club that puts itself in the very top flight of clubs being run on a financially robust, sustainable and sound basis then that is fine for me. If it means we can only afford £x now but could afford much more later then fine too - cutting the wage cloth to meet the financial circumstances of the club.

So.........one trick here is for Rangers to maximise the revenue it can generate from commercial activities: loyal fans filling Ibrox; television - pay per view to a potentially global audience; shirt deals (what happened to the current shirt deal?); IPOs; player sales etc. Maximising business revenue by harnessing where appropriate and respectfully all that Rangers is, has stood for; achieved; stands for; and has ambitions for can, I hope, pave the way to afford the best players we can afford. Other clubs across the UK and Europe may yet find that they cannot sustain current spending or debt (look at ManU's debt for instance - mind boggling!) so there may well be a settling back towards more sensible salary levels sooner rather than later. And if we can get to a position where the prospects for Rangers in Europe start to look nearer then we may find that good players may well be attracted to play for a club with top class ambition, in a top class stadium, and for a club run as the model best there is.

There you have it.......my hope on the way we can generate money to pay for the very best talent we can get. I'm sure Charles and the Board have better and more developed ideas as part of our 'journey' and I look forward to hearing them.

No and I never mentioned for div 3 , but if you can get a player that commands that amount for say 5 yr deal should go for him.....CG was talking about when we get back to top division.

Thats resonable then. Was thiking you meant there was 10 players on 10K per week just now, was about to go on a rant :lol:

Not just Scotland, we should be looking further afield. A fraction of the silly money we've spent on players wages in the past, redirected to some top drawer scouting staff, would pay dividends.

agreed - Systematic targeting some of the eastern european countries would be a start - Poland has a population of over 38 Million - with low wages. I wonder how many scouts we have there?

Great news, no longer will we see 'stars' like Shittaker or Beattie getting fat wages packets or payoffs for doing sod all. Cant possibly see how STV could put this in a negative light, we are being managed correctly for once.

On the flip we will never see a Gazza or Laudrup either.

The days of us not breaking even over three/four-season cycles should be over, no excuse for anything else. Sad that it's taken this long for someone like CG to come and make it a virtue of it from within the club, hopefully it stays as a Rangers policy when he has made his profit.

Always irritated me that the same £2m figure seemed to be picked out of the air when we paid for the likes of Miller, Naismith and Whittaker - all players who wanted to move to us. We never seemed to make player power work for us despite being the biggest club in the country; the lack of more Bosman signings like Boumsong was corporate neglect.

I've more problem with paying transfer fees than higher wages in the future, so long as it's within a budget.

I agree with 50% of turnover. I don't however agree that we should limit wages to any certain number. Sometimes you need to pay a bit extra for quality that can be the difference in coming 1st or 2nd, as long as we are still under the 50% of turnover then it shouldn't matter.