BTC - Rangers win the appeal

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we not argue that if the payments were loans as per the judgement then their not part of a contract?

Afterall they weren't part of the contract.

Yeah, I thought that also. But, I was just highlighting that they can still do whatever they want really. And their level of competence is such that you can't rely on them to make sensible decisions.

See earlier clarification, was within the context of merging the two companies, al'a Bill Millers plans.

I appreciate it is nothing to do with us, but if we tried to merge the two companies it would be something to do with us, which is the point I was making. The tribunal is nothing to do with us either.

Nae worries with all the posts flying the clarification came after the fact lol........

No point to a merger and accepting debt, the oldco has nothing to offer.

No the tribunal result doesn't affect us as we now stand, however, we carry on the name and great traditions of this club, that regardless of the company running it the slur would have stuck to the club not the company.

May the great unwashed become finally clean, with the amount of tears running down their little faces this evening.

Would be a stretch!

The SPL case is we failed to disclose payments when registering the contracts. The FTT has declared these were loans, at the discretion of the trustee, not the club (extremely important!) and are repayable...how can a payment be considered as being for footballing services when it may have to be repaid in the future, will he ask for his "footballing service" back in return?

Timmy have been peddling this for a few months as well "even if they win the BTC, SPL could still take the titles" etc...

Grasping at straws as per Nelson

HOWEVER......

Should the SPL make decide to go ahead with their case...... who would the defender be? Would Green have to change his mind and attend the hearing on our behalf?

If no one was there to defend oldco/newco/us whatever legal entity they are "trying" could they just rule as they see fit?

Still a lot of questions to be asked.

A bittersweet vistory news, but makes the last 2 years all the weirder.

Also, fuck Craig Whyte.

Interesting to note, if he'd just kept up tax payments for another 9 months (Feb til now) he'd still be the owner and could have now looked to sell us on for a massive profit.

Noot really the cost involved and better just to move forward re the abuse allegations I always try to build that into threads when many outsiders will be reading threads.......just for a gentle reminder for them.

Potentially could saving the oldco allow for a UEFA licence application before 3 years...also a big fuck you to BBC and their old/new pish!

Don't think is realistic though.

Technically we could still be stripped of titles by the SFA/SPL.

We all know they are a law unto themselves and will do what they damn well please.

I'm not celebrating JUST yet.

Don't think they can now, unless they change the charge again from "payments to players outwith of contracts" to "giving players a tap" since the tribunal has just announced that we were after all loaning money just like we said we were

Nae worries with all the posts flying the clarification came after the fact lol........

No point to a merger and accepting debt, the oldco has nothing to offer.

No the tribunal result doesn't affect us as we now stand, however, we carry on the name and great traditions of this club, that regardless of the company running it the slur would have stuck to the club not the company.

May the great unwashed become finally clean, with the amount of tears running down their little faces this evening.

Yes agreed, but the thing that pisses me off most about this is the NEWCO this NEWCO that nonsense we get from them and the press and I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does; my point was for the sake of a few million quid would it be worth it to shut them all up in one foul swoop?

i don't know how to feel

happy with the verdict but gutted at what it cost us in the long term when it probably didn't need to

If CW is now found guilty of fraud in regards to what he did to the club we have effectively been dragged through all this for nothing

Yep - thats the long andthe short of it!!

That liability was what forced Lyods to force Murray to sell to the charlatan Whyte - who tried to cheat the tax man based on the fact we were due them lots any way and admin was inevitable !! So basically here we are in div3 and did not need to be - I was happy 30 min ago but started thinking about it!

Oh well we still need to enjoy the Journey - and now any cry of 'cheating' is just sour grapes!

The bitterness of the earls is showing up on that BBC site live text page.

2 messages in from Savco fans already.

No bears getting trhough on a Rangers story?

BBC are scum.

Nice to see them hurting though.

Just a thought ---- did someone not write a book about this very subject ? Now I haven't read i wouldn't even pick it up to use the pages as toilet roll ---- but it must be full of inaccuracies being passed off as fact!! I hope it makes the best seller list because it could make "us" as in Rangers people quite a few quid yet and because I believe in this sharing with others action ---- I hope more than one person or company takes court action against the author ------- like I said just a thought. :lol: