BTC - Rangers win the appeal

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i will go with the financial experts from Ernst & Young who earlier today stated "By a majority of two to one, the tribunal has decided that the EBTs were loans and not taxable as remuneration so there is no additional tax to pay. Rangers have won the case".

Just hearing on Radio Snyde , Jhim Dhuffy said last week it was a fact we could not afford Gascoigne and Laudrup? Is this genuine? Net spend of £1.3m per season during 9IAR tells me we obviously could, keeping aside the fact it was many years before the shit hit the fan financially. doh

Spiers is almost crying. He sounds really hurt by this news.

BBC reporting it properly for a change

he former Rangers Football Club has won an appeal against a tax bill over its use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

The club, which is now in liquidation, used the scheme from 2001 to 2010 to make £47.65m in payments to players and staff in the form of tax-free loans.

HM Revenue and Customs had challenged the payments, arguing that they were illegal.

Rangers disputed the bill and a First Tier Tax Tribunal (FTT) has ruled the payments were loans that can be repaid.

And they managed to get it wrong in the same paragraph too. doh

Ticketus £24M is the real issue now, regardless of that all CW's doing.

I think the ticketus money is irrelevant to the oldco.

I remember seeing something from Duff and Phelps to that effect that they were not going to get a creditors vote in the CVA vote.

they are not happy on kerryfail street tonight--lewell and all at septic park must be heartily sick after expending all that energy on their obsession with us then have it all snatched away from them by the very organisation they were counting on to deliver victory --hmrc.

the spl kangeroo court circus should be wound up with immediate effect and cg should initiate court proceedings against those corrupt cunts lewell doncaster and regan.

All these dirty scabby fuck journo`s who pinned their colours to the Rangers Tax Case, can now go and take a long walk off a short pier. Resign from your positions now ya dirty bigot Bastards. Everyone of you bastards i come face to face with is gonna get both barrels right in yer scabby mhanky puss. starting with you Britney ya dirty wee mhank.

Havent read through the whole thread but surely the transfer embargo will be lifted now?

And why exactly were we pumped to the 3rd Divsion then?

I doubt it, the disrepute charges that lead to the embargo we initially for CW willfully not paying PAYE ( i am only 80% sure of this lol)

But like others have said, this will probably open a huge can of worms.