BTC - Rangers win the appeal

We received the transfer embargo initially because Rangers were charged with bringing the game into disrepute as a result of Whyte not paying tax.

It was then enforced as part of the 5 way agreement because the CVA was rejected.

And the CVA was largely rejected because of the potential liability of the BTC.

Round and round we go, this is frying my nut lol.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always felt we would win!

I'm glad we did! Another pope will be gone yet the Rangers live on! Fuck them all

Very early in the whole BTC issue, i was a wee bit worried we would lose. When it went to appeal i worried a little less, and with every postponement and delay i got more confident.

What a real fkn pity we couldnt have been having this discussion before valantines day mate :(

It said: "We are disappointed that we have lost this stage of the court process and we are considering an appeal. The decision was not unanimnous and the diligence of HMRC investigators was acknowledged by the whole tribunal. HMRC is committed to tackling avoidance and it is right that we challenge the type of avoidance seen in this case."

They clearly feel that they can still get something from this.. so an appeal is not "very very doubtful".

You also have to look at the bigger picture... if they can win this case it sets a precedent which will allow them to take on other clubs/businesses.(who they believe are guilty of tax avoidance)

Your last paragraph is exactly the point I made!

The tims are obsessed honestly concentrate on your team FACT

You know whats the most telling thing.....the fact that half the clyde 1 callers have been taigs, have you heard ANY of them wish their team good luck tonight in EUROPE with a real chance of getting to the last 16 of the CL.

Obsessed does not even cut it.

And the CVA was largely rejected because of the potential liability of the BTC.

Round and round we go, this is frying my nut lol.

I said a few weeks ago that all of this wasnt because of the wee tax case, and got dogs abuse, I was only saying what was in D&P report, that the CVA was refused by HMRC because of the BTC.

So now while I am ecstatic about this result, I am left with a bitter sweet taste in my mouth thinking we went through all this turmoil

for no reason other than some bigoted bastards making up all sorts of lies and our mhedia just all too willing to go along with them.

Im left thinking we should still be in sphell, and we should have been in the Champions League, and weve lost a full team of international players for virtually nothing, now I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Mind that time we never signed Catholics, we binned eggs Benedict and green pepperamis. Mind that time we cheated for 200 hundred years and had briefcases full of money delivered by men in trench coats to players! NAW NEITHER DO I !

Mind that time we were falsely accused of cheating and the lies and hatred that was aimed at us from supposed accredited journalists. Mind that time supposed right minded people were too lazy to read the facts and insisted in believing the rumblings of bigots instead. AYE ME TOO

:clap: you got that right

I said a few weeks ago that all of this wasnt because of the wee tax case, and got dogs abuse, I was only saying what was in D&P report, that the CVA was refused by HMRC because of the BTC.

So now while I am ecstatic about this result, I am left with a bitter sweet taste in my mouth thinking we went through all this turmoil

for no reason other than some bigoted bastards making up all sorts of lies and our mhedia just all too willing to go along with them.

Im left thinking we should still be in sphell, and we should have been in the Champions League, and weve lost a full team of international players for virtually nothing, now I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Pay back time pal --------------------------

Big Jock is Guilty, till proven innocent - Yuknow, the fenianfucking way.................

I have very mixed emotions at the minute?

On the one hand i am estatic that we won,which i am sure most right minded people suspected all along.

But on the other hand i am absolutley fuckin raging that those bastards almost destroyed our club with all their hate filled bigoted blogs and news reports which decried us guilty at all costs!!

What we really need now is for Charles Green and his lawyers to take every single last one of them to task and leave no stone unturned,and i include Shyte,Murray and Lloyds in this mess!!!

We might have won this battle but the bigger war is to be won and to rid the Scottish game of all the spew filled bigoted,twisted liers starting with the clowns at the SFA,SPL,Liewell and the press.

They cannot and should not get away with any of this!

I wonder what the other SPL clubs think now?

What we really need now is for Charles Green and his lawyers to take every single last one of them to task and leave no stone unturned,and i include Shyte,Murray and Lloyds in this mess!!!

They cannot and should not get away with any of this!

I've kept my doubts about CG and the others he represents, but if he could be as vocal about this, talking about real examples, naming names and making the worst of them suffer, he'd win me over completely.

Outrageous that the biggest club in a country can be threatened by hearsay and non-evidence, without anybody being held accountable.

I've kept my doubts about CG and the others he represents, but if he could be as vocal about this, talking about real examples, naming names and making the worst of them suffer, he'd win me over completely.

Outrageous that the biggest club in a country can be threatened by hearsay and non-evidence, without anybody being held accountable.

Outrageous is one way of putting it!

This really is the chance for Charlie to show any doubters left amongst our ranks that he really does mean business!

In my opinion we have suffered a concerted co-ordinated institutional attack on all that Rangers is, all that it has stood for and still stands for and will always stand for, all that we have achieved and all of the tradition, glory and honour we have brought to Scottish football. And further attack remains in the form of the anything but independent Nimmo tribunal who will spew out its predetermined judgement. I'm glad but not really surprised the HMRC attack failed. I was always confident that the club and the players would have taken independent legal and tax advice and acted accordingly and that this was all about HMRC looking for a suitable target to have a speculative 'go' at to see if a precedent could be set and an example made of a big football club. IMO, whether they realised it or not HMRC in it pursuit of the big tax case became part of that institutional attack which - taken collectively with other attacks - brought us to the edge of oblivion. We survived. And we will thrive at the very top again.

The statement from the Rangers Board is very measured and I think it absolutely right to continue to require that the Nimmo tribunal is withdrawn. We have given them plenty of opportunity to withdraw and if they persist with it and persist in looking to strip titles from Rangers then I would expect the fullest possible legal challenge to be made on the SPHell and I reckon we'd be prepared to dig even deeper into our pockets to fund it. We can start with a charge of financial immorality in the SPHell apparently avoiding paying corporation tax.

These institutional attacks on Rangers by the SPHell and its member clubs chairmen and large segments of SPHell fans, the SFA, HMRC will not be forgotten, nor left behind. They enter our collective dna and add to our resolve to stand fast and overcome. To get back to the very top of whatever will be the top league in Scotland or wherever we play will take the loyalty of Bears and a willingness to make sure Rangers is in as strong a financial position as possible as we climb our way back. As our history teaches us - we will continue to overcome. And what a reception we'll be giving SPHell clubs when we meet them (fine tuned of course - borrwoing from Charles - for those who are less welcome than others).

Maybe the time is now ripe for HMRC to have a good look at the SPHell books. Are they avoiding paying corporation tax? Are senior staff paying income tax and Ernic or are they being paid via limited companies as per certain BBC bigwigs? Just questions for HMRC to ponder now that they have some spare time on their hands.

Just heard the news, can hardly believe it after all the shite we've taken. So good to see a bit of justice for a change :7325:

Tonight I'm happy :D:cheers::peanut::party::21::beer1:

But tomorrow I'll be completely raging after all we have suffered as a club and support.

But for now I'll just leave a dignified GIRFUY to the sfa, spl, msm, filthy 3 names, incompetent former lawyer, the obsessed rtc group, and all the other sweaty unwashed Rangers haters out there. Your chance has gone and all you have achieved is to awaken our club and support to your twisted way's and make Rangers more vibrant than ever :moon::uk:

SDM was right in what he stated re: BTC. As far as I can see we have the BBC awarded the TV Bafta last night for " Rangers-The men Who Sold The Jersies " surely an award which should be immediately withdrawn. All monies held by third parties to be returned to Rangers and a retrospective review of the Draconian fines/ sanctions to be instigated immediately. The Nimmo review will need to be abandoned as no wrongdoing has been proven despite the twisted taig tax men trying so so so hard to establish the contrary. The 10.30 STV News is to shed some light on some of the rammifications so I'll go and see what they're saying. In the meantime, to the 58 ghuests lhurking on here right now

GIRFUY

Great news after all the shit we have taken.

Have to wonder why it has taken untill now for the verdict to be released.

The actions of HMRC need to be looked at by an enquiry. The cost of going after us and losing while taking us to the brink needs to be looked at.

I have mixed feelings about the verdict.

Glad we have won the case but raging it has taken this long.

What I want to know is why the fuck it took so long for them to come to this decision?

That's what in reality lost us millions upon millions of £££. Tied in with Whyte obviously but this decision was due much sooner.

Somebody has to take the rap for us ending up were we are.

Bittersweet day for me.