The sun: "Rangers died for nothing".

RANGERS may have gone bust for no reason — after they won their £75million tax fight.

A tribunal sided with the former regime of ex-owner Sir David Murray in the long-running war with HMRC over employee benefit trust payments to top stars.

And last night furious fans’ groups insisted the Ibrox giants could have been SAVED if the ruling was issued earlier. Gers Supporters’ Association secretary John Macmillan said: “I’m angry it took so long. Who knows where we could have been if this decision was made before the club was sold.”

The hearing, dubbed the ‘Big Tax Case’, ended in January — but the findings had not yet been reached when Rangers plunged into administration in February.

It came after HMRC argued the EBT scheme offering loans to staff from 2001-10 was a tax-dodge scam.

The old Rangers was doomed to liquidation when HMRC snubbed a company voluntary arrangement deal to pay off creditors.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/4656345/Rangers-died-for-nothing.html#ixzz2CozAleAz

Couldn't resist the dig could they? Bitter, bitter people.

RANGERS may have gone bust for no reason — after they won their £75million tax fight.

A tribunal sided with the former regime of ex-owner Sir David Murray in the long-running war with HMRC over employee benefit trust payments to top stars.

And last night furious fans’ groups insisted the Ibrox giants could have been SAVED if the ruling was issued earlier. Gers Supporters’ Association secretary John Macmillan said: “I’m angry it took so long. Who knows where we could have been if this decision was made before the club was sold.”

The hearing, dubbed the ‘Big Tax Case’, ended in January — but the findings had not yet been reached when Rangers plunged into administration in February.

It came after HMRC argued the EBT scheme offering loans to staff from 2001-10 was a tax-dodge scam.

The old Rangers was doomed to liquidation when HMRC snubbed a company voluntary arrangement deal to pay off creditors.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2CozAleAz

Couldn't resist the dig could they? Bitter, bitter people.

Whoops

Just shows you their bitterness. No one has died, just the same as Leeds, Florentina,Napoli,Hibs & Motherwell never "died"

A company is in liquidation which won't be liquidated for at least 12 months.

But any one who is a shareholder in Rangers PLC they can write an open letter to BDO/DP and Court of Sessions seeking as a shareholder of RFC PLC a revocation of admin/liquidation...

Just shows you their bitterness. No one has died, just the same as Leeds, Florentina,Napoli,Hibs & Motherwell never "died"

But any one who is a shareholder in Rangers PLC they can write an open letter to BDO/DP and Court of Sessions seeking as a shareholder of RFC PLC a revocation of admin/liquidation...

I'm sure shareholdres are aware of this. But any one can do this even if they only have 1 share.

A Tabloid that deliberately misleads readers about Company / Club differentiation that directly results in undermining a financial transaction, can be referred to the PCC.

http://www.pcc.org.uk/

I'd imagine they are not alone in their "old club" pish. It's becoming extremely boring now but again shows up the haters, one outlet has said the result "all but cleared" the oldco of any liability because it wasn't a majority verdict.

Don't these idiots get that if a jury in an ordinary court case finds someone not guilty then they are in fact not guilty, no partial guilt, no 75% innocent, no all but cleared.

Oh and this from the stv site

The SPL declined to comment on the tax tribunal's ruling.

Well ain't that a shock.

The fact is that it's a bitter pill to swallow for all of those who have spent the last year castgating our club. Now they have no basis for their spurious charges and their vindictive attacks. But, inevitably, they will try another 'tack'. There is no end to their dishonesty and no shame.

All these mhedia outlets are hurting badly.

The tide has been slightly turning in our favour just recently but after yesterday,I think its going to build like tsunami and we are going to sweep these fenian cunts aside. But we will do it the correct way.

They will now turn on us Rangers fans and blamw us for all the illa in the World including the present conflict in the middle east.

Just watch Rangers fans get casticated from pillar to post.

Be careful guys whilst wearing your colours they will be offended at every opportunity .

Trust me.

Be alert amd Aye Ready.

Lets boycott the paper. I don't buy it anyway cos I live in England but i won't look at their Scottish website again. Seems to me it was only Mark Hatley and Traynor who said we never died so thats why I read the Record

Bloody joke of a paper. Remember they gave popcorn teeth a full page to spu his 'Moral victory for us all' bullshit.