Here come the reinforcements

AlBear.

Right, back to football....

TRIO FOR STEP UP

RESERVE coach Tommy Wilson believes three of his players will be knocking on the top team door in the coming weeks.

Aussie winger Francesco Stella produced a stylish display as Rangers defeated Partick Thistle 3-0, topped off with a fine goal.

Kyle Hutton bossed the midfield with some style while Darren Cole got a full 90 minutes at last after some frustrating injury problems.

Wilson said: “I felt Francesco did well. I have been speaking with him over the course of the weeks that he has been here and I think he got the reward for his work today.

“He kept things simple and it was a great goal he scored. It was a great ball from Fraser Aird, a good first touch and a fantastic finish.

“When he is in that frame of mind he can be a very useful player.

“I don’t want him and he doesn’t want to be here – and what I mean by that is that he wants to be with the first team.

“Hopefully if he continues to develop then he will get his opportunity but there are a lot of young lads with the same desire.

"It was good to see Darren Cole coming in to the back four and playing for the full 90 minutes as he has had a tough time with injuries.

“Some people forget – although we certainly don’t – that he played in the Champions League at 18. The first team doesn’t have too many defenders right now so I think Coley coming back into the fold will be a boost.

“Kyle Hutton is another with Champions League experience and I know he is frustrated at his lack of first team football but he played well today – and Ian Durrant was watching - and if he continues to do that it won’t be long before he is back in."

Every time I hear about the reserves Stella seems to get decent reports and goals, must have a decent shout of getting a place on the bench and maybe the last 10- 15 mins.

To be fair he has been dreadful in front of goal, from what I've been reading, but sounds like he took his goal well against Partick and is working hard to become a first team player. Good to hear from our Reserves.

I know there was alot of talk regarding Cole's attitude on here but I would really like to see him get a run at right back to see what hes got to offer.

He's been injured for a while and just coming back. I'm not doubting peoples experiences but I don't take gossip like that too serious. And with our defensive injuries we need all the players we have fighting for a first team spot. It will be good to see these three pushing for regular places in the side.

He's been injured for a while and just coming back. I'm not doubting peoples experiences but I don't take gossip like that too serious. And with our defensive injuries we need all the players we have fighting for a first team spot. It will be good to see these three pushing for regular places in the side.

Couldnt agree more, its like the whole Kyle Hutton scenario, people were willing a rift between him and Ally when the player himself came out and said there wasnt an issue.

Couldnt agree more, its like the whole Kyle Hutton scenario, people were willing a rift between him and Ally when the player himself came out and said there wasnt an issue.

And when McKay tweeted he was going for a haircut at 12:00. People started saying Rangers don't do enough training. Facts always get in the way of a juicy story.

Imo, Cole is our most natural RB, although Hegarty has looked good there, and when he's back to fitness he should make a strong claim for that spot.

Stella looked very good a flashes, Hutton looked short of fitness , the lad cole looked to be a real prospec,t to me the best player afield by a distance. & the goal scored by Walsh was a cracker

Just saw it in julescotia thread on the game. Great technique from the boy. Also watching the video it looked like Crawford was a lot more confident on the ball, and happy to dictate play. It all bodes well.

Its really exciting just now with all the young players coming through (not in a Celtic kind of way)

Its like having 20 new signings, always excited to see one of them get a chance in the team.

Would love to see Stella make an appearance from the bench in the next game.

Hutton bossing the midfield doesn't mean much for him unfortunately.

He's bossed it in the first team and was still dropped for an under-performing Ian Black.

He bossed it in one game. He's been decidedly average in his other appearances, IMO.

He bossed it in one game. He's been decidedly average in his other appearances, IMO.

I don't think he's been distinctly average any time I've seen him this season, while Black has been almost every time I've seen him.

All a game of opinions though!