Official E-Petition - Get Parliament to debate HMRC's leaks

Ricky_

Yep -no doubt this will now be crossing some official's desk to draft some kind of response now it has had such a significant response. Although for the sake of managing expectations it might be a bit blander than some expect, maybe along the lines of 'HMT takes issues of confidentiality and security very seriously and strongly condemns any lapse in the high standards we expect of all our staff. However it would be inappropriate to comment further while the issues raised are likely to be subject to legal challenge.'

Just a wild guess from stuff I've seen previously on other subjects.

Bad news guys, i added my sig, i added my missus sig too and we confirmed the verifications we were sent to our email addresses, however we received confirmation our sigs were added but the number hasnt changed!!!!

what is going on there then?

the one we signed is

http://epetitions.di...petitions/42143

edit: the number was 13,886 before we added each other, and after confirming it all it has remained 13,886 even after refreshing the screen several times?

is there an inside hatchet job with the numbers or something? please someone have a look and see if it happens to them too, if so we could be thousands of votes down for no reason other than the site failing!!!!

Edited by sektorrangers, Today, 12:09 AM.

Bad news guys, i added my sig, i added my missus sig too and we confirmed the verifications we were sent to our email addresses, however we received confirmation our sigs were added but the number hasnt changed!!!!

what is going on there then?

the one we signed is

http://epetitions.di...petitions/42143

edit: the number was 13,886 before we added each other, and after confirming it all it has remained 13,886 even after refreshing the screen several times?

is there an inside hatchet job with the numbers or something? please someone have a look and see if it happens to them too, if so we could be thousands of votes down for no reason other than the site failing!!!!

Edited by sektorrangers, Today, 12:09 AM.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions?order=desc&page=2&sort=count hmrc

more accurate figure here

13924 signed

Can anyone confirm if we can sign on someone's behalf, provided their consent is given?

I have various older Bears in the family who don't use the 'net but care just as much as the rest of our support.

dont see why not

i believe you get 2 votes per email

i signed my son up because he is at work

14,211 NOW ! the figure had doubled each day . Lets make this one of the fastest petitions to get 100k signatures in history then no way can it be ignored . WE ARE THE FUCKIN PEOPLE NO DOUBT .Lets get all march down to downing street with this .Fleets of supporters clubs busses have a weekend in London . Demonstrations in hide park etc.Lets gets this done when the shitey spl are still at us

Can anyone confirm if we can sign on someone's behalf, provided their consent is given?

I have various older Bears in the family who don't use the 'net but care just as much as the rest of our support.

go for it --- how will they know

I'd like to see, for our next home game, a wee note from Rangers or the Rangers assembly encouraging fans to sign the -e-petition. Get a wee message up on the big screens encouraging fans to sign.

http://mailinator.com/ provides an instant, disposable email. When filling you the petition if you register the email as something like "mothersname@mailinator.com" - then visit http://mothersname.mailinator.com it will take you to that disposable inbox where you can access the confirmation email.

Therefore anyone who many not have an email account, or put off by having to confirm the emails - this offers a quick and handy solution. I'm also unsure if the T&C's of the e-petition allows you 'sign' on behalf of someone else, such as a friend or family member, but if it does... Provided you know their address & postcode this would allow you to easily sign on behalf of someone else without needing access to their email inbox.

Having read the terms & conditions it does not state that you cannot sign the petition on behalf of someone else, but does state that it may contact the person to confirm they have signed it. So it seems to me that it would be possible for us t ospend a few minutes filling it out for a bunch of family and friends as long as they give your permission.

go for it --- how will they know

I'd like to see, for our next home game, a wee note from Rangers or the Rangers assembly encouraging fans to sign the -e-petition. Get a wee message up on the big screens encouraging fans to sign.

this is bang on, who do we contact to set this up?