The BTC and the offer of £10m........

CanadianBacon

Riddle me this.

Who was it within Rangers Football Club that made the so-called "offer of £10m" to HMRC to "settle" this large tax case (you know, the one we've just won and have no need to pay any bastard anything for)???

Yours, no offence intended, but what-the-fuck-were-they-thinking-of-throwing-away-£10m-for-fuck-all??

:cgreen:

Because the outcome was not certain? A no blame settlement was sensible.

Tbh hmrc need to stop lumping fines penalties and interest. They may find that more successful.

The offer (if it ever existed) must have come from someone.

I'm asking, "Who was that"?

Sorry CB forgot to answer that i am sure the financial guy when interviewed last week on talksport suggested it was him and his team.

Do you have a name for this individual?

Who authorised his offer?

Was it under the auspices of Minty International Wine Sipping Conglomerate, plc?

Was it under the auspices of Minty International Wine Sipping Conglomerate, plc?

I could be wrong as i was listening at work but i think it was the mih guy never caught the name. Sdm also i think suggested it was though mih.

You seem to be under the impression that this offer was a bad idea?

£10million to avoid the disaster of recent times? Would have been a good deal.

No one knows the terms of the offer either, it may well have been on the condition we accept X was a liabilty, and Y was not.

The only person who could and would have made that offer is David Murray. People tend to forget that this case was against MIH of which we were a big part of. (tu)

No, the case was against us, people seem to forget that. Despite being told umpteen times.