Where were you when....

Blue Nosed Babe

It is a question that is often asked about many major events.

So...

Where were you when you found out Rangers had won the BTC?

I was sitting in my car with Radio 5 live on. I had just finished a trial at Dumbarton Sheriff Court (I had won) when they broke the programme with the live news that we had won.

I just sat in my car and cheered like mad!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...

I was sitting in my car with Radio 5 live on. I had just finished a trial at Dumbarton Sheriff Court (I had won) when they broke the programme with the live news that we had won.

Did you cheer like mad 'cause you avoided the nick?

So...

I was just about to go into a 3 hour presentation, so ended up taking my phone in and catching up with stuff as it broke. :000000082:

So...

In the hoose,washing dishes.

I was thinking about this the other night, actually. We will all remember, as will all Rangers fans.

I was working nightshift offshore, and normally I check RM around 7pm. I was busy that night and didn't check until about 11:30, by then the thread on here was about 20 pages long and it was hard to catch up. I honestly felt like I'd joined the party late when everyone else was already drunk, and trying to catch up was a waste of time :(

For all that, and for all it's bittersweet news, I'm absolutely delighted it went the way it did.

Just came back from the town, logged in here and saw that it was going to be announced at 4pm. This was at 5 to 4. Their was roumers that we had won but i never reacted until i saw it on STV site etc...

Was glad we one because of all the pish about cheating and financial doping etc been spouted by taigs and the media.

But also wanted to hire a hit man for craig Whyte at the same time.

While at work, my mobile ran out of power and I didnt bother charging it when I got home.

Had my dinner and watched The Simpsons as I usually do and after that I plugged my phone into the charger.

After about a minute, there was text after text after text which I read and immediately turned on the BBC - and watched the bastards squirm with every single word.

The joy turned to relief and then that turned to anger as I finally realised that we had been put through the ringer for fcuk all - a barrage of lies from scumbags intent on destroying Our Club.

After all that has gone on in the last year, there is only one thing that I am certain of - Nobody will ever do anything like this to this football club or this support ever again.

This whole debacle has ONE Positive though...

It has reminded us of what it actually means to be a Rangers fan, what our club is all about, it's heritage and traditions. It has united us in a way that nothing else has.

I think we will always remember this and be better, stronger and wiser for it.

I had been in my taxi when the news broke, but i had the radio off and/or was listening to radio 2 lol

I walked in from work about 5 oclock, tuned into RM as usual and just stood in shock looking at the headline in Beards Den. "Rangers win the BTC"

Literally stood gawping at the headline for about 3 minutes before i had the balls to open the thread and see if it was a wind up.

Very happy day for me, as I have some taig friends and family.....and have put up with months and months of shite from them

Well they are quiet fucking now GIRUY

I was at work, backshift, the obligatory rabid tim was off sick (again) but one of his followers, the slightly quieter one, was in the office. I found out through twitter on my phone. I just matter-of-factly said to a mate within earshot of the tim that Rangers had won the BTC. I could visibly see him slump in his chair. The rabid one still hasn't returned to work, I'm hoping he's done the decent thing ;)

I was at working with a Celtic Supporter at the time, I had this site up and was looking through it, I saw a thread about the BTC, and a twitter quote saying that we had won, I couldn't believe it, I shouted to the Celtic fan, who is a nice family girl and a Season Ticket holder at Parkhead to come over and look, she did and said that it was a good victory for us, probably the most important ever.