Elgin City fined £25k

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised to find so many (albeit a minority) calling Elgin greedy cheats and demanding various assorted punishments when we don't even know what happened yet.

You would think that after last week's announcements we, more than anyone, would see the wisdom of presuming innocence until actual guilt is established.

I'm still assuming it was just an error until the FTTT (Four-Thousand Tickets Tribunal) decision is released.

There's no case to be had. There's no way 1100 tickets were sold above capacity without anyone at the club knowing.

How do you KNOW this is what happened? Shocking the intelligence shown by some on here. Have you forgotten the persecution we suffered by being judged guilty without trial or investigation?

I'll wait for the verdicts of the SFL inquiry into this before I see fit to judge them. Even then I don't particularly want to see a fellow SFL member club suffer too harshly.

I wouldn't want to see them docked points for this.

I also wouldn't like anybody to be able to say we were helped because the closest competitors were docked.

But then again, if they did...........

You may jest Oleg...

But I guarantee you on some messageboard somewhere that will be the latest conspiracy theory from the Rangers haters.

I'm surprised to find so many (albeit a minority) calling Elgin greedy cheats and demanding various assorted punishments when we don't even know what happened yet.

You would think that after last week's announcements we, more than anyone, would see the wisdom of presuming innocence until actual guilt is established.

I'm still assuming it was just an error until the FTTT (Four-Thousand Tickets Tribunal) decision is released.

:clap:

Indeed I'd love you to.

Lets start why a club with a capacity of 4,500 ordered 5,600 tickets to be printed :)

Elgin Secretary (Agnes MacLeod, Aged 92): Hello? is that the printers office?

Printer: Aye

Agnes: Can you print me some tickets

Agnes: Can I have 4100?

Printer: Naw, they come in boxes of 2600

Agnes: Oh. Well can I have two of them then, and I'll just need to remember to remove 1100 tickets from one of those boxes before I pass them to the ticket office)

- Just then an elephant crashes through the ceiling.

- I'm sure we could spin this out into a sitcom pilot episode, if we wanted to, but I'm sure you get my drift

I suppose a more convincing one would be:

Data Input Error.

Elgin Secretary (Agnes MacLeod, Aged 92): Hello? is that the printers office?

Agnes: Can you print me some tickets

Agnes: Can I have 4100?

Printer: Naw, they come in boxes of 2600

Agnes: Oh. Well can I have two of them then, and I'll just need to remember to remove 1100 tickets from one of those boxes before I pass them to the ticket office)

- Just then an elephant crashes through the ceiling.

- I'm sure we could spin this out into a sitcom pilot episode, if we wanted to, but I'm sure you get my drift

I suppose a more convincing one would be:

Data Input Error.

Well that settles it.