Mike Ashley

stuart54

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rename Ibrox?I'm sorry,not for ANY amount of money,not for this Bear,get that tae Fuck.

After all we've been through as a club and as a support over the last 9 months?

We are a club,an institution built on tradition,it's not just a name,it's the name of OUR stadium,

IBROX STADIUM,one of the finest,oldest,most famous football grounds in world football.

I accept that in modern football it's all about the money(sadly),but you have to draw the line somewhere.

We are all aware that we could have lost our club recently and some might say because of that "What's the big

deal about the name on the stadium? At least we still have Rangers."

I say if they take away the name of our stadium..What is the fuckin' point?

That's how much the name IBROX means to me.

It won't be '£10m a season'. It'd be more like £10m over 10 seasons I imagine. If Ashley offered Mr.Green £10m for the right to rename the stadium I think he'd bite his hand off.

What would be done with the money gained is the real question.

I wish apple could buy the naming right because then we wouldn't need a name change - iBrox :lol:

And as well as More Than A Fan I do wonder what Charles means by "going with a more traditional name"

They can call it whatever they want - at the end of the day, my father will still call it Ibrox, I will still call it Ibrox and my children have learned to call it Ibrox. The only reason is that when the media print the name, they are expected to use the sponsored name.

My mates family are all Toon fans - at first they weren't too happy, but when they realised it was a paper exercise they were happy to take the cash and move forward as normal.

Not one rangers fan will agree with this. So we'll see how Green reacts.

Green will do what he wants,he doesn't give a fuck for our tradition he is here to make money and would sell his soul for a pound

To be honest I don't have a problem with renaming the stadium ,but it should be a short term deal and for plenty of cash

They can call it whatever they want - at the end of the day, my father will still call it Ibrox, I will still call it Ibrox and my children have learned to call it Ibrox. The only reason is that when the media print the name, they are expected to use the sponsored name.

My mates family are all Toon fans - at first they weren't too happy, but when they realised it was a paper exercise they were happy to take the cash and move forward as normal.

Very true