Freddie Flintoff - From Lords to the Ring

bluepeter

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I really agree with the concept, but at the same time there is an intrigue factor that makes you want to watch!

Wouldn't be paying for it though, but will prob try catch a stream. What time is it scheduled for?

It's the second fight on a bill starting at 9:30pm I think.

Edit:

The bout is set to follow the British and Commonwealth heavyweight title clash between David Price and Matt Skelton in Liverpool. The Price v Skelton fight is set to start at 9:30pm, with Flintoff's debut set to start following the conclusion of that bout at Aintree.

Glorified publicity stunt. No idea why the BBBoC licensed him. If he gets seriously hurt then they'll have a lot to answer for.

It's a joke that the red carpet has been rolled out for a former cricketer when there's young boxers out there, who have given their life to the sport, that can't get dates for a fight.

Still, I wish him all the best and expect he'll win tonight. His opponent has been hand picked and they're not going set him up to lose, but, as the saying goes, anything can happen in boxing - especially at heavyweight.

Have watched the last 2 episodes, hope he does well he seems a sound bloke.

If it's 4 x 2 min rounds can't see him getting knocked out, seen him taking a couple of dull ones while sparring.

He seems a bit nice for boxing he knocked a guy on his arse last week and was over to see if he was ok.

Is 4 rounds the minimum amount you can have?