Hateley Speaking About Ibrox Name Change

minstral

Mark is a man of knowledge and taste, just look at his suits. Though Id imagine the seat of the trousers will be in some mess with all the fence splinters in them.

Mark knowledgeable? Well he called Ibrox a five-star European arena. Wrong! It is classified as an Elite Euro stadium. :cgreen: I will let him off this time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Etihad, Emirates, Reebok, Sports Direct Arena, Walkers, JJB. Anyone got the full UK list?

Some "interesting" stadium name changes here. The last one takes the biscuit...

ETIHAD STADIUM

Originally the City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester City’s home was rebranded in July in a 10-year deal that included shirt sponsorship and could be worth up to £100 million.

CORAL WINDOW STADIUM

Valley Parade, historic home of Bradford City, has been through a number of guises. The Pulse Radio, Bradford and Bingley, and Intersonic stadiums have come and gone. It’s been the Coral Windows Stadium since 2007.

MATCHROOM STADIUM

Brisbane Road, homely base of Leyton Orient, received a make-over from owner Barry Hearn, who bestowed the name of his sports-promotion company on it.

ABBEY BUSINESS STADIUM

Whaddon Road was synonymous with Cheltenham Town, until a deal with local business Abbey Business Equipment in 2009. The fans still call it Whaddon Road, though.

KITKAT CRESCENT

A year after relegation from the Football League, York City supporters had to swallow the indignity of historic Bootham Crescent being renamed in a five-year deal with Nestlé. York now have Bootham back but remain in the Conference.

I just couldn't believe it when Cheltenham Town changed the name of Whaddon Road, I was totally gobsmacked.

I'm all for it . I'll still call it Ibrox. Money for old rope right enough. £1.5 million a year buys the best SPL player every year or 2/3 young prospects. I'd be even happier if we put it towards completely over-hauling Auchenhowie and getting the best coaches and youngsters in the country.

I talked to my dad who is aged 98 who drives his car still looks after himself and loves rangers

I said that ashley had done the same at newcastle utd -through money changed st james park

to SPORTS DIRECT.

We as a club have respect money is irespective Ibrox Park is our ground it survived the german bombers raids and for Mike ashley

you concentrate on newcastle utd

Glasgow rangers are not a game - so take your self and your self back to newcastle .

For the right price, I say go for it I guess. If it just helps pay the wage bill, then that would be worth it on it's own. I don't have the same emotional attachment to a name like the Newcastle fans did. Mind you St. James Park is a huge place in Newcastle, with a big public park attached to it too (also called St James Park.) It was and is an actual real place, so it was a bit like trying to rename Govan, to something like "Sports Direct". It literally made no sense.