What happens if the SPL plans go ahead?

iang2911

So if the SPL plans do go ahead and are accepted by the SFL etc. If we win the 3rd division do you think we will be one of the 2nd Division teams invited in to the new top 2 leagues?

All things considered etc. i.e. reconstruction goes ahead an we are ok with the governing body etc.

Rangers wind Div 3 go into Div 2

New 2 leagues of 12 to include 12 SPL 10 Div1 and 2 Div2 (based on Sporting Merit - aye right!!)

18 teams in New Div 3

Either we will be invited in to SPL2 or left again in Div3

Everyone has heard CG's comments mate - even tho' it may well be reconstructed - he's never going, & Rangers are never going wherever doncaster & regan etc are involved.

His comment included "as it is now" he left the door open for joining the top league if changes were made in the running of it.

I don't think the SPL can afford to scratch their own arses and that their proposal will collapse. My opinion anyway.

Working party being put together to agre a way forward I am just trying to figure out opinion on what would happen if the current suggestion was accepted.

The SPLs original plan did not include a 3rd tier 18 team league with a pyramid structure below it, that bit was taken from SFL plans.

So, if this comes off then what would happen to us?

Why after all this time are they even thinking of reconstruction ? oh aye thats right they need our cash and pronto . well i want things to stay the same and work our way back through the divisions 3,2,1 then back to the top division where we can get in the CL .

Any invitation that fast tracks us to the top division should be declined .

Why after all this time are they even thinking of reconstruction ? oh aye thats right they need our cash and pronto . well i want things to stay the same and work our way back through the divisions 3,2,1 then back to the top division where we can get in the CL .

Any invatation that fast tracks us to the top division should be declined .

I agree mate but with reconstruction would it really be fast tracked? I guess some would see it like that but the league setup needs to change...

So if the SPL plans do go ahead and are accepted by the SFL etc. If we win the 3rd division do you think we will be one of the 2nd Division teams invited in to the new top 2 leagues?

All things considered etc. i.e. reconstruction goes ahead an we are ok with the governing body etc.

New 2 leagues of 12 to include 12 SPL 10 Div1 and 2 Div2 (based on Sporting Merit - aye right!!)

18 teams in New Div 3

Hell freezes over and pigs fly.

Simples!

18 teams in New Div 3

All hypothetical but no we won't be invited. The two teams from division 2 to make up the numbers you would assume would be the Division 2 winners and runners up (bearing in mind that the runners up would have a play off in normal circumstances). That is assuming it goes into place for the start of next season which I don't think is correct. I think they are trying to set it up for the following season. At that point we should be division 2 winners ourselves so we would be invited.

TBH for the record I don't think the SPL's proposal will happen anyway.

Any invitation that fast tracks us to the top division should be declined .

Agreed. How dare they try to cheat us of our entitlement again!

The proposed structure relies on bribes to gain agreement from SFL teams. The bribes come from a league reported to be financially strained made up of a number of clubs that are also finding times tough and struggling to pay their way.

The proposed structure is laughably complex which suggests that it is trying to avoid the obvious issue and that is the product is shite. What prize do the middle 8 teams play for? The middle 8 teams isn't even a thing. Which team wins SPL2? Is it the team that comes 5th in the middle 8?

The SPL is a busted flush.

IF this goes ahead and we are invited back into some new SPL (minus Regan/ Doncaster), but are we forgetting the transfer embargo still in place? We can probably win Div3 comfortably with the improving squad we currently have. Can we be so sure about comfortably progressing if the above scenario takes place with the players we have at present?

The SPhelL are trying the old "bribery" again." Look we will give you more money if you accept our plan"...

I feel the SFL clubs may just tell them to shove it. They have had a taste of what the SPhelL operate like, so maybe that was enough to scunner them with regards to the SPhelLs plans?

They will give it in one hand and take it away from somewhere else to save the dying clubs in the SPhelL.

As far as I've heard, there's no agreement yet. Longmuir has just said they've had a 'good' meeting and ironed out mutual ideas.

I doubt very much it will be in place for next year, when we will be in the 2nd div fighting for promotion to the 1st.

Not all the SFL teams will necessarilly vote it through either.

More hot air from the SFA/SPL, the Scottish game is penniless without Rangers, and they know it.

Seriously doubt we'll see any kind of new league format in place for next season.

If you put the SFL,SPL & SFA in the same room they would struggle to agree on what day of the week it was never mind something of the magnitude of league reconstruction being agreed by all 3.

I want to see Rangers being the first ever grand-slam domestic winners, imagine in 5 years time when Rangers have won sfl 3-1 and the top league and are back in Europe. What a great achievement that would be after were the club was in the summer, fans could tell their children and grand-children " i was there" in years to come.

Also if we were put in spl 2 it would be spun out like it's been done purely to help us and not everyone else, frankly i really could not be arsed listening to that kind of crap for years to come. Green says he won't be back to the spl in any shape or form that's good enough for me let them rot.

18 teams in New Div 3

It would be the teams that finish 1st ans 2nd in this year's Div 2. They would be the 23rd and 24th highest placed clubs in Scotland.

I haven't been able to see the full plans anywhere but why do the SPL have this obsession with leagues splitting after a certain number of games?

2 leagues of 12 that change to 3 leagues of 8?

Are there any other leagues in the world that do this? Or does everyone else have sensible people running the game?

I don't understand the reasoning behind it.