Parma v Rangers 1998

stephenrfcno1

Was that the one porrini got sent off? I remember leaving school at lunch and a squad of us sitting in my mates with like two beers each thinking we were mental drinking during the day!

1998 game If I remember ,I was standing on terracing behind plexiglass and you couldn't see the touchline on our side

Was there that day on the Dixons trip.We stayed in Milan the day before in the wonderfully named Hotel Splendido.It was fucking Baltic in Milan and most places closed quite early. I think it was a Monday night which didn't help.I am sure it was an early kick off because it was a public holiday.We got the train to Parma in the morning as we knew from past trips that the buses would get driven round in circles then straight to ground.When we arrived at Parma the police met the train and told us all bars were closed.We walked out the station and straight across the road there was a bar open with a few bears in it.Stayed till nearly kick off then got taxi to ground.After game we had miles to walk to the buses but locals had lined up and were applauding the travelling Bears.Still got the hat one old guy stuck on my head.Great trip apart from the result

Stayed in Pisa hired a car ,took us fucking ages to get out of the town and unto the autostrata.When we finally got into Parma and parked the car we could hear the Rangers fans from about a mile away.Chianti Chianti two pound a bottle was one of the wee chants from the Belfast wine team