Whatever happened to Lawrence Marlborough? What would he think of Murray now?

OlegKuznetsov

The video of the Boavista match reminded me of our former owner.

Whatever happened to Lawrence Marlborough? What would he think of Murray now?

Some enterprising journalist could, potentially, make a name for himself.

Oleg i am sure that Marlborough was the grandson of former chairman John Lawrence and he moved to America where he died.

Hes no longer walking this mortal plain my friend. A certain texan on here was telling us his great grandson was going to swoop in with his billions and save us, back in march.

was he not the same poster that told us of the two sisters who were ready to come in for us ?

Hes no longer walking this mortal plain my friend. A certain texan on here was telling us his great grandson was going to swoop in with his billions and save us, back in march.

Sad to here that.

Although distant, I remember him always carrying an air of class and dignity. You have to really, if your name is Lawrence Marlborough.

The news wasn't widely reported. Do we know when he passed on?

He was not interested in the club which was in a poor state.He did, however, realise that he had to make it attractive enough to be able to sell it, and gave David Holmes the money and freedom to do this and the result was the Souness revolution and the sale to Murray a few years later. His foresight to invest to make it saleable turned the fortunes of the club around from a sad club in decline to a title winning side in the short and long term.

I doubt whether he cared enough for the club to have any thoughts about what Murray did to bring success and lead us to the brink of extinction.

He was not interested in the club which was in a poor state.He did, however, realise that he had to make it attractive enough to be able to sell it, and gave David Holmes the money and freedom to do this and the result was the Souness revolution and the sale to Murray a few years later. His foresight to invest to make it saleable turned the fortunes of the club around from a sad club in decline to a title winning side in the short and long term.

I doubt whether he cared enough for the club to have any thoughts about what Murray did to bring success and lead us to the brink of extinction.

Thank you for that well considered, well informed response.

Cheers. (tu)