Poll – boycott the piggery?

Bad Robot

Poll – boycott the piggery?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. For all Bear - should it be boycotted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know
  2. 2. For the travelling support - should it be boycotted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know
    • I dont travel away

To boycott or not to boycott, that is the question....

An online poll may not be a true representative of our support but it can give us an idea of the thoughts of the bears in the den.

I have put up two polls. The first is for all bears and the second is for those on here who would normally travel.

I can see the argument against and the thought of our team in amongst 60k bheasts is sickening. They would be clambering for the tickets to full their poor excuse of a stadium, there’s nothing more certain. Their obsession with the only real show in town is what drives them, we know and they know it. Simples.

On paper and on the park the teams are miles apart. We have a fairly new team which is still gelling which is made up of youngsters who are just breaking into the first team and half a team of ex SPL players who some would certainly walk straight into any Rangers team and others who only arguably would only make our squad.

We are also playing a weaker opposition week in week out and although we're now eventually finding our feet we did come up well short against ICT in the last cup, even with our own crowd behind our team. I do think in that match if we had got out noses in front then it would have been a different story albeit Caly seem to be on a good run and are always a bit of a bogey team for us.

The scum on the other hand have a fully experienced team with a bigot thug manager who would like nothing better than to play us especially in our current predicament as we know they don’t do 'tainted' titles so a 'tainted' victory would be right up their street.

Their team isn’t as good as the media make out but hopefully most of us can now see the difference between fact and fiction especially where obvious agendas are at work.

So the worst case scenario is them putting a lot of goals by us and our teams’ heads go down with that baying mob in the background all rabidly slavering over the scent of our blood but football is football though and it's an 11 against 11 on the day.

People get motivated more with positives than negatives and maybe a day like this would turn our young apprentices into men even without a crowd at their back. I'm sure our gates would be closed and held, it's who we are and although you can nurture you can't change what is natural or what's insides. Victory over them is what we do. 54 titles and 159 matches won, they are not even a close second.

The more I think about a hypothetical boycott the more I'm against it and maybe we should pick our battles and fight this dog on another day but sometimes taking a stance over a principle is worth doing as the outcome is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Doing the right thing is worth more than any piece of silver, there's really not an argument against that.

I’ve never been to the piggery and never will go so maybe my thoughts are irrelevant but I can still give a personal opinion.

If this poll is heavily weighed for a boycott and the fans group says the same then I hope CG will again listen to the people (who matter).

Me, I think it's about the principle and think the travelling support should boycott if this potential scenario unfolds.

Can we beat them with our new team and not a single bear in that stadium? Of course we can as I will never bow to them as I know who they are and what they are all about.

A victory would be our season and an important milestone on our rise back to the top.

A victory would be a wee reminder to them and the rest of the on looking world to say we're still here and we don't do walking away.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel a boycott of that shitehole is needed.

The arguments against are weak, and hypocritical, in my personal opinion.

I don't care if they will fill the stadium themselves, I care about us taking a stand and refusing to line the pockets of the people that tried to kill us. Now to me this does not mean, only boycott teams we might be able to hurt financially. It means NEVER again give ANY money to ANY of the clubs that tried to kill us.

I dont agree with any boycott - wtf is it going to achieve - how does any boycott help Rangers - except to asage the feelings of hurt.

We have many battles to win - regime change at the SFA, League reconstruction and the demise of the SPL - but how boycotting teams in the Scottish Cup helps any of this is a mystery.

I dont agree with any boycott - wtf is it going to achieve - how does any boycott help Rangers - except to asage the feelings of hurt.

We have many battles to win - regime change at the SFA, League reconstruction and the demise of the SPL - but how boycotting teams in the Scottish Cup helps any of this is a mystery.

i would be willing to forgive and forget when i hear a genuine apology from them. we have been turning the other cheek for years, and these clubs simply take advantage. it is incredibly difficult for me to say i would not be happy if aberdeen went bust, because frankly they deserve to. their support offer nothing, and simply live to hate us. even if their team did go under, the fans would still be around as we are the real reason they exist. until these teams grow up and have a look at themselves, i would advocate a boycott indefinetly.

this has nothing to do with money - this is about changing Scotland from the backwater bigoted, small-minded place it is becoming.

This is exactly my post from the Dundee Utd boycott post and my opinion hasn't changed:

1. Is it workable? - if a few people decide to go and the majority boycott we just look a bit sad.

2. How will it be presented in the media? - rather than us being portrayed as taking a stand, will we be portrayed as trying to destroy scottish football because of our own perceived bitterness at what was done to us?

3. What is the official CG/Rangers stance? whatever the club say we should do - then we should follow that. We love our club more than we hate others.

I fuckin hope we dont have a "picket line" poll following on from this topic. the DU one was a car crash.

i would be willing to forgive and forget when i hear a genuine apology from them. we have been turning the other cheek for years, and these clubs simply take advantage. it is incredibly difficult for me to say i would not be happy if aberdeen went bust, because frankly they deserve to. their support offer nothing, and simply live to hate us. even if their team did go under, the fans would still be around as we are the real reason they exist. until these teams grow up and have a look at themselves, i would advocate a boycott indefinetly.

this has nothing to do with money - this is about changing Scotland from the backwater bigoted, small-minded place it is becoming.

Its a sport - let others cheat. lie, and get all vindictive about life - meanwhile lets keep recognising that its a sport and lets show some ideals of sportsmanship,let us NOT stoop to the lowest common denominator that others have strived to reach.

(Oh and if Aberdeen went down I would shed no tears at all!)

I am with you 100% nothing for me to add Apol is start to mend bridges but it will never happen

My stance on this is hypocritical as Gogzy points out above.

I don't mind starving scumdee united of cash but I wouldn't be happy having a young team sent into a cauldron of hate with no support.

As good as it would be to make a stand and never go there again I think the team has to come first when talking about a game this size.

My stance on this is hypocritical as Gogzy points out above.

I don't mind starving scumdee united of cash but I wouldn't be happy having a young team sent into a cauldron of hate with no support.

As good as it would be to make a stand and never go there again I think the team has to come first when talking about a game this size.

It's a dilema mate, because I totally understand that reason.

All I want to do is follow my team, to give them my support and to be heard over our rival’s fans.

I personally think CG made a mistake by refusing our allocation as he spoke for himself and didn’t take me the LOYAL supporter into consideration who just wants to see my team play.

As for those who voted our team into the 3rd div I say what better way to show their failure to kill us off ...turn up in their stadiums in full force and ram their failed attempts down their throats with a wall of noise.

A boycott will hit their pockets but they will recover from that as they won’t have that money in their budgets so it does nothing.

A wall of noise, a presence and solid proof that Rangers football club is not only alive but here we are in full force giving them a taste of things to come.

This is surely a better way..