It's really starting to bite....

Blueshoff

Hot on the heels of the sheep and the scum givng away tickets - two more stories to warm your hearts in the cold mid winter...........

JOHN McGlynn is happy to play transfer market Scrooge because his conscience won’t allow him to deal while Hearts are in the financial doldrums.

The Jambos are battling a crippling cash crisis but McGlynn will never be declared a moral bankrupt by rushing to add players to his squad.

He’d rather go with a clutch of kids and ensure the long-term survival of his club than jeopardise the future with short-term signings.

Tynecastle director Sergejus Fedotovas urged fans earlier this month to continue to snap up shares in the club – and possibly be rewarded with new faces in the team.

But McGlynn insists he is only interested in bringing in new players if top earners leave the club and he can use a fraction of the finance that would be freed to freshen his side.

McGlynn said: “It would be morally wrong to bring in players when the club is in its current position.

“However, I’m looking at a situation in January where the guys out of contract in the summer could leave the club.

“That could possibly leave us short and if they are players on big wages then maybe we can bring in others on less money.

“That would still allow us to survive until the end of the season and give us an opportunity to win football matches – and we wouldn’t have to put 16 or 17-year-olds out there.

“As a manager, I wouldn’t encourage the position where those who are on bigger money are allowed to walk away from the club in January for nothing.

“That would be a board decision. But if they felt it had to be done then, so long as I can get 11 lads onto the park, that is how it will be. The most important thing is the survival of Hearts.

“There have been lots of scouts at our games recently but I’m not trying to lose any players as it’s not in my interests.”

McGlynn spoke up as he confirmed players’ wages WILL be paid today and that all salaries are up to date after those who agreed deferrals in November were squared up earlier this month.

He added: “We’ve been told the wages will be paid on Friday and the deferrals from November salaries were paid last week.

“Of course, the less hassle the players experience the better because it keeps them focused. They’ve been outstanding and have accommodated and worked with the football club tremendously well.

“The players deserve a lot of credit and it’s good to know they’ll be paid. Christmas is a key time when they all have kids and want a decent festive period.

“It’s also nice to know they won’t have any extra pressure during a time that is also busy football-wise. We still have a transfer embargo on us from the SPL until December 23.

“We hope if the wages are paid the embargo will be lifted. I’m sure they’ll make a fair decision based on the evidence put in front of them.”

Arturas Rimkevicius has been training at Riccarton since Tuesday but the Lithuanian striker is short of fitness and yet to be offered a deal.

It’s another attacker, Scott Robinson, who is giving most cause for concern. He was sent home earlier this week after refusing to accept a place on the bench for last weekend’s 2-0 win over Aberdeen.

McGlynn said: “It’s an internal matter. He has not been suspended and there is a meeting early next week, when his agent returns from business abroad, to discuss the position further.”

Robinson will take no part in tomorrow’s visit to St Johnstone as the Jambos, currently eighth in the SPL, attempt to leapfrog the Perth outfit – at least on goal difference.

McGlynn said: “A place in the top six is a realistic aim and something we should be targeting. We should have taken more points and be sitting in a higher position.

“A win would take us above St Johnstone and we have games coming up this month against Dundee United, Kilmarnock and Ross County I feel we can win.”

CRAIG BROWN is being made to sweat over a new deal at Aberdeen.

The Dons boss is out of contract at the end of the season and even though he will be 73 next summer the former Scotland manager is not contemplating retiring.

But he has yet to be offered a fresh deal and there are no immediate plans for negotiations.

Record Sport understands the Pittodrie board are waiting to see how the season unfolds before making a decision.

The Dons are fifth in the SPL and into the fifth round of the Scottish Cup, having been dumped out of the League Cup by St Mirren.

New vice-chairman George Yule said earlier in the season Aberdeen should be aiming to compete for the title and anything less than European qualification would be deemed failure.

Brown has been scouting for potential signings in January and next summer – but still does not know if he will be at the club.

The boss has remained tight-lipped about his contract but has previously insisted age is no barrier.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen midfielder Jamie Masson, 19, has signed a new two-year deal which will keep him at Pittodrie until 2015.

He said: “I spoke with my family and my agent but it was a simple decision.

“The next few seasons here are going to be exciting with the number of young players coming through.”

Happy days

Hot on the heels of the sheep and the scum givng away tickets - two more stories to warm your hearts in the cold mid winter...........

JOHN McGlynn is happy to play transfer market Scrooge because his conscience won’t allow him to deal while Hearts are in the financial doldrums.

The Jambos are battling a crippling cash crisis but McGlynn will never be declared a moral bankrupt by rushing to add players to his squad.

He’d rather go with a clutch of kids and ensure the long-term survival of his club than jeopardise the future with short-term signings.

Tynecastle director Sergejus Fedotovas urged fans earlier this month to continue to snap up shares in the club – and possibly be rewarded with new faces in the team.

But McGlynn insists he is only interested in bringing in new players if top earners leave the club and he can use a fraction of the finance that would be freed to freshen his side.

McGlynn said: “It would be morally wrong to bring in players when the club is in its current position.

“However, I’m looking at a situation in January where the guys out of contract in the summer could leave the club.

“That could possibly leave us short and if they are players on big wages then maybe we can bring in others on less money.

“That would still allow us to survive until the end of the season and give us an opportunity to win football matches – and we wouldn’t have to put 16 or 17-year-olds out there.

“As a manager, I wouldn’t encourage the position where those who are on bigger money are allowed to walk away from the club in January for nothing.

“That would be a board decision. But if they felt it had to be done then, so long as I can get 11 lads onto the park, that is how it will be. The most important thing is the survival of Hearts.

“There have been lots of scouts at our games recently but I’m not trying to lose any players as it’s not in my interests.”

McGlynn spoke up as he confirmed players’ wages WILL be paid today and that all salaries are up to date after those who agreed deferrals in November were squared up earlier this month.

He added: “We’ve been told the wages will be paid on Friday and the deferrals from November salaries were paid last week.

“Of course, the less hassle the players experience the better because it keeps them focused. They’ve been outstanding and have accommodated and worked with the football club tremendously well.

“The players deserve a lot of credit and it’s good to know they’ll be paid. Christmas is a key time when they all have kids and want a decent festive period.

“It’s also nice to know they won’t have any extra pressure during a time that is also busy football-wise. We still have a transfer embargo on us from the SPL until December 23.

“We hope if the wages are paid the embargo will be lifted. I’m sure they’ll make a fair decision based on the evidence put in front of them.”

Arturas Rimkevicius has been training at Riccarton since Tuesday but the Lithuanian striker is short of fitness and yet to be offered a deal.

It’s another attacker, Scott Robinson, who is giving most cause for concern. He was sent home earlier this week after refusing to accept a place on the bench for last weekend’s 2-0 win over Aberdeen.

McGlynn said: “It’s an internal matter. He has not been suspended and there is a meeting early next week, when his agent returns from business abroad, to discuss the position further.”

Robinson will take no part in tomorrow’s visit to St Johnstone as the Jambos, currently eighth in the SPL, attempt to leapfrog the Perth outfit – at least on goal difference.

McGlynn said: “A place in the top six is a realistic aim and something we should be targeting. We should have taken more points and be sitting in a higher position.

“A win would take us above St Johnstone and we have games coming up this month against Dundee United, Kilmarnock and Ross County I feel we can win.”

CRAIG BROWN is being made to sweat over a new deal at Aberdeen.

The Dons boss is out of contract at the end of the season and even though he will be 73 next summer the former Scotland manager is not contemplating retiring.

But he has yet to be offered a fresh deal and there are no immediate plans for negotiations.

Record Sport understands the Pittodrie board are waiting to see how the season unfolds before making a decision.

The Dons are fifth in the SPL and into the fifth round of the Scottish Cup, having been dumped out of the League Cup by St Mirren.

New vice-chairman George Yule said earlier in the season Aberdeen should be aiming to compete for the title and anything less than European qualification would be deemed failure.

Brown has been scouting for potential signings in January and next summer – but still does not know if he will be at the club.

The boss has remained tight-lipped about his contract but has previously insisted age is no barrier.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen midfielder Jamie Masson, 19, has signed a new two-year deal which will keep him at Pittodrie until 2015.

He said: “I spoke with my family and my agent but it was a simple decision.

“The next few seasons here are going to be exciting with the number of young players coming through.”

Happy days

If you think that decision is soley down to Mcglynn nope that be papertalk ----- bye bye craig a inflatable dolly is in your office as your replacement --------------- Year 2016 may league decider the SFL ( formerly SPL) Rangers V Elgin City thats my prediction

doh Aye, OK Georgie boy. What team have you been watching for the past fuck knows how many years?

Keeping the fans happy with that comment, as they believe their still a "big club" :lol: