Four men had a dream poll

Jamie0202

How many titles?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many titles will we sing about next season?

• 54 titles
    • 55 titles

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The song goes '54 titles, We're still going strong' there is no mention of leagues so everyone in this thread is wrong. How do you distinguish a League 'TITLE' from a Cup 'TITLE'. If we win SFL3 then we should sing '116 Titles' as that is the amount of 'Titles' we would have. Arguing over the wording is ridiculous, it's the principle of the song that matters. The principle (for me) being that we have won 54 Major League Championships which is a WORLD RECORD. Singing 55 Titles when our World Record would still be 54 is just silly. What happens when we get to 60 'League titles' but only have 57 'Major League Titles', do we add the 6th star anyway?

A league title is a league title no matter what league you win!

You can only win what is put in front of you.

To suggest otherwise, because we are Rangers, is not only arrogant but disrespective and demeaning to all the teams who play in that league!

Where do we stop with regards to what is acceptable or not with regards to trophies? Should we just scrap our Glasgow cup wins from the records?

So for me it will be 55 league titles!

The song goes '54 titles, We're still going strong' there is no mention of leagues so everyone in this thread is wrong. How do you distinguish a League 'TITLE' from a Cup 'TITLE'. If we win SFL3 then we should sing '116 Titles' as that is the amount of 'Titles' we would have. Arguing over the wording is ridiculous, it's the principle of the song that matters. The principle (for me) being that we have won 54 Major League Championships which is a WORLD RECORD. Singing 55 Titles when our World Record would still be 54 is just silly. What happens when we get to 60 'League titles' but only have 57 'Major League Titles', do we add the 6th star anyway?

Spot on and I can't believe the justifications some people are putting on this thread as it's bordering on the ridiculous.

A league title is a league title no matter what league you win!

You can only win what is put in front of you.

To suggest otherwise, , is not only arrogant but disrespective and demeaning to all the teams who play in that league!

Where do we stop with regards to what is acceptable or not with regards to trophies? Should we just scrap our Glasgow cup wins from the records?

So for me it will be 55 league titles!

It's not arrogant, disrespective or, "because we are Rangers", it's the same for any club all over the world. A League Title is winning the highest League in the land. For example how many League Titles have Man City won, is it 3 or 10?

Also, the Glasgow Cup is not included in our World Record total of 115 Trophies. 54 League Titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and 1 ECWC.

What about our World Record haul of 54? The SFL3 Championship will not be added to that list. So why should it be included in the song? It's not disrespectful to the SFL3 or the clubs. To include it in the list is disrespectful for the 54 League Titles we already have and degrading to the meaning of the song. But, this argument is just going round and round and it's tedious as fuck. The poll shows it's a split decision, with those in the 55 camp completely ignoring the points put forward by myself and others in the 54 camp.

I bid you all, adieu.

It's not arrogant, disrespective or, "because we are Rangers", it's the same for any club all over the world. A League Title is winning the highest League in the land. For example how many League Titles have Man City won, is it 3 or 10?

Also, the Glasgow Cup is not included in our World Record total of 115 Trophies. 54 League Titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and 1 ECWC.

What about our World Record haul of 54? The SFL3 Championship will not be added to that list. So why should it be included in the song? It's not disrespectful to the SFL3 or the clubs. To include it in the list is disrespectful for the 54 League Titles we already have and degrading to the meaning of the song. But, this argument is just going round and round and it's tedious as fuck. The poll shows it's a split decision, with those in the 55 camp completely ignoring the points put forward by myself and others in the 54 camp.

I bid you all, adieu.

You just made up a definition of 'league titles' to suit your own opinion of the situation.

You just made up a definition of 'league titles' to suit your own opinion of the situation.

No I didn't. But it is getting confusing. Call it what you want 'League Title', 'Championships' whatever. Our world record is 54 because its 54 times we have won the top league. The same as Man citys record is 3 'Titles', 'Championships' etc and not 10 because the 7 Second Division League Titles/Championships aren't included. They are separate because the level of competition is weaker by design. It's not disrespectful. It's they way football success is recorded.

fuxsake . . .

we spend all summer & beyond defending our history & the non-stripping of titles yet there are some Bears who don't want to include this title in our History :rolleyes:

it's 55 for moi :D

How does recognizing we have won 54 Scottish Titles and (hopefully) 1 SFL3 Title/Championship etc not including it in our history? We have a world record 115 trophy haul with a Drybrough cup win not included, explain? I know why it isnt included, do you?

You can count it if you want but FIFA, UEFA and the club won't be including it with our Scottish Titles. If ALL leagues are equal and should be recorded as such, where does it stop? Would you include a Highland League League Title/championship in a clubs haul of Premier divisions. They are different leagues, in different classes and are recorded that way. It sounds pathetic to lump them all together.

I can see boycotts happening when you lot realise they won't be recognized as equal. :craphead:

But, this argument is just going round and round and it's tedious as fuck. The poll shows it's a split decision, with those in the 55 camp completely ignoring the points put forward by myself and others in the 54 camp.

I bid you all, adieu.

It is tedious,on that i will agree!

So lets say for instance that we stared out life in a lower division and see-sawed our way up and down the leagues over the years.

Now if we had already won the 3rd div title once,The second division twice ,the first division 3 times and the sphell twice.

Would you still claim that our league title haul would be 2?

or would you claim and acknowledge 8 titles?

I know what i would claim!

Maybe because like myself, they're proud of, and would like to continue recognizing our World Record. It's not too hard to understand. If we're going to include all league titles in the '4 lads had a dream' song then I'd like a new song to recognize our world record achievement of 54 major league trophies.

it will still be a world record at 54 but now it's 55 mr know it all

It is tedious,on that i will agree!

So lets say for instance that we stared out life in a lower division and see-sawed our way up and down the leagues over the years.

Now if we had already won the 3rd div title once,The second division twice ,the first division 3 times and the sphell twice.

Would you still claim that our league title haul would be 2?

or would you claim and acknowledge 8 titles?

I know what i would claim!

The record would be 2 Scottish Titles with 3 First Div. Titles, 2 Second Div. Titles and 1 3rd Div. Title.That's not MY OPINION that's the way it would be/and IS recorded in football.

It's not even difficult to understand. This place is frustrating as fuck.

Check Man Citys League Title haul, 3 Divison one Titles and 7 Division two Titles. Not 10 Titles.

Some of you clearly haven't adjusted to our first season out of the top flight. The 54 are the 54 because they were won in the same league (the top one) winning SFL3 is a separate league so a trophy should and will be recorded separately. It really isn't as difficult to understand as it appears to be in this thread.

Regarding your example of Man City,you are correct that they are listed seperately but it is still 10 titles is it not?

Tell you what to settle your arguement, show me the rules from UEFA or the SFA, or any footballing body, that says you can only lay claim to titles in each division and not collectivley as you say?

No I didn't. But it is getting confusing. Call it what you want 'League Title', 'Championships' whatever. Our world record is 54 because its 54 times we have won the top league. The same as Man citys record is 3 'Titles', 'Championships' etc and not 10 because the 7 Second Division League Titles/Championships aren't included. They are separate because the level of competition is weaker by design. It's not disrespectful. It's they way football success is recorded.

I don't care about Man City and what the include in their records.

A league title is a league title no matter what division it is.

The song is about the founding fathers and where we are today so to not include our 55th title when we win it in the song is just daft.

Regarding your example of Man City,you are correct that they are listed seperately but it is still 10 titles is it not?

Tell you what to settle your arguement, show me the rules from UEFA or the SFA, or any footballing body, that says you can only lay claim to titles in each division and not collectivley as you say?

Why just count leagues collectively then, why not include cups in the collective titles?

Why isn't the Drybrough Cup included in our record of 115 trophies? Why aren't the war-titles included aswell?

Sorry to answer your questions with questions but I have to be up at 4am and need to get to bed. Show me one example of a football club including separate league wins together.

This isn't AlBear85's rules its common knowledge, or so I thought. I'm not convincing you guys with my argument so we'll have to wait til the end of the season to see who is correct.

I don't care about Man City and what the include in their records.

A league title is a league title no matter what division it is.

The song is about the founding fathers and where we are today so to not include our 55th title when we win it in the song is just daft.

We can't sing 55 titles with a recognized world record of 54 Scottish Titles. Can you not see how daft that sounds? Or do you think our World Record will become 55 with an SFL3 trophy added?

I only used city because they have won Div 2 leagues and Div 1 leagues. Juventus and Man Utd have been put forward aswell but besides that I can't think of any other examples of clubs winning leagues at different levels.

The songs not about our world record.

We have never played in any other league besides the top league before this season. The song has always been about winning the top league in Scotland because that is the only league we have ever won and that is what the World Record is measured by, winning the top League.