Four men had a dream poll

Jamie0202

How many titles?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many titles will we sing about next season?

• 54 titles
    • 55 titles

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United fans don't gloat about winning 21 titles despite winning the championship (equivalent ) twice, they celebrate 19. We'd be a laughing stock if we claimed 55

this, we take enough shit as it is. like party the day we win the league and move on

It should be recognised as no matter what league you play in, winning it is an achievement BUT I think in these terms it should remain as 54 top flight titles with an asterix to acknowledge these potential lower league titles.

So the other old div titles aint the same, a league title is a title 55 and counting

If your going to include the third division title why not include the emergency war league title or the southern league titles or the glasgow league titles?

The only ones that are national titles are the 54, but the rest are still all official titles.

The fact some people don't even know what the song is about is more worrying than anything else.

Some people (myself included) see it as a representation of our World Record of Scottish titles.

It's a song. It has different meanings to different people. Who are you to say what it really means?

Some people (myself included) see it as a representation of our World Record of Scottish titles.

It's a song. It has different meanings to different people. Who are you to say what it really means?

I don't have a say in it but the lyrics do.

It's a song about our history from the birth of the club to the present day.

I don't have a say in it but the lyrics do.

It's a song about our history from the birth of the club to the present day.

I can see your point. But it doesn't encapsulate all our history does it. (Cups, Europe etc.)

We have won 54 Scottish (1st Divison) titles, its a World Record, so I can't see why its hard for you to understand why some see the song as a representation of that World Record.

I can see your point. But it doesn't encapsulate all our history does it. (Cups, Europe etc.)

We have won 54 Scottish (1st Divison) titles, its a World Record, so I can't see why its hard for you to understand why some see the song as a representation of that World Record.

That's fine. No problem with that.

But when we win Division 3 you will maybe have to change your representation on the song depending on whether the lyrics change or not.

That's fine. No problem with that.

But when we win Division 3 you will maybe have to change your representation on the song depending on whether the lyrics change or not.

I've already conceded that in earlier posts. If the song is changed I won't be singing it out of principle, which is a shame coz I love that song.

My issue was with your shock at those who saw the song representing something different to them than you.

I've already conceded that in earlier posts. If the song is changed I won't be singing it out of principle, which is a shame coz I love that song.

My issue was with your shock at those who saw the song representing something different to them than you.

Well the lyrics are pretty plain and simple to be fair. It's not hard to know what they are about.

Well the lyrics are pretty plain and simple to be fair. It's not hard to know what they are about.

There you go again. This site is a fucking merry-go-round.

They are about winning 54 Scottish titles over our history. That's our world record.

If it wasn't a world record we would still sing the song.

Yes, and...

It is a world record. It represents that fantastic achievement of our club, to me.

An the song isn't about winning 54 titles that is just a line from the song.

Yes, the only line that this thread is talking about changing. doh

Yes, and...

It is a world record. It represents that fantastic achievement of our club, to me.

Yes, the only line that this thread is talking about changing. doh

Yes it is and should have it's own song.

Is there any getting through to you Al?

The song is about our history from the days when the club was founded till the present day.

In 4 months we will have won 55 league titles.

Not much more to say on the subject it's gettin ridiculous (tu)

Yes it is and should have it's own song.

Is there any getting through to you Al?

The song is about our history from the days when the club was founded till the present day.

In 4 months we will have won 55 league titles.

Not much more to say on the subject it's gettin ridiculous (tu)

Agree to disagree. :cheers:

Anyway, I've got to go hang myself after that late equaliser. Hopefully the rope won't break this time... :rolleyes: