The David De Gea Thread

derek1872

I know another thread about him was made but I can't find it and the search words are too small to search for it. Apologies for starting another thread.

I know he is a Man U taig wanker and all that (before anyone says it) but what an improvement he has shown. Last season he was possibly the worst keeper in the league. This year he looks fantastic. World class shot stopper, distrubution has improved 10 fold but the biggest improvement is his arial ability and command of the area, he looks brilliant in the air now. His punching and handling is very good. Last year every high ball I expected a goal.

Don't know why they didn't sign the universes best keeper allan mcgregor 18 months ago

As somebody mentioned before there isn't really a great pool of keepers around at the moment, but I think in years to come Neuer, Hart & Courtious will be considered the top three with De Gea lagging behind them in fourth.

They are all of a similar age and the three mentioned before already have a more physical presence about them then I think De Gea ever will IMO.

Lloris?

As somebody mentioned before there isn't really a great pool of keepers around at the moment, but I think in years to come Neuer, Hart & Courtious will be considered the top three with De Gea lagging behind them in fourth.

They are all of a similar age and the three mentioned before already have a more physical presence about them then I think De Gea ever will IMO.

Pretty much sums it up, aye.

Ter Stegen as well.

Caught him on Friday there and was pretty much the reason Gladbach managed a draw.

Vastly improved, from the start of last year but I thought he was coming onto a bit of a game towards the end of last season.

As for the future in terms of top class keepers then you've to agree with DBBTB, Neuer, Hart and Courtois will be at the top aswell as Ter Stegen, Lloris and De Gea IMO. You'll also get another couple of keepers turning into top class keepers with the more experience they get, some who may not look up to it at the present.

Vastly improved, from the start of last year but I thought he was coming onto a bit of a game towards the end of last season.

As for the future in terms of top class keepers then you've to agree with DBBTB, Neuer, Hart and Courtois will be at the top aswell as Ter Stegen, Lloris and De Gea IMO. You'll also get another couple of keepers turning into top class keepers with the more experience they get, some who may not look up to it at the present.

I haven't seen Ten Stegen but you are the second person to mention him so I might have to keep an eye out for him.

I also managed to forgot about Lloris too. I think he is already an elite level keeper, so god knows how I managed to forget him.

I also think Butland could become a fantastic keeper. He needs to move to the right club for that to happen though.

I haven't seen Ten Stegen but you are the second person to mention him so I might have to keep an eye out for him.

I also managed to forgot about Lloris too. I think he is already an elite level keeper, so god knows how I managed to forget him.

I also think Butland could become a fantastic keeper. He needs to move to the right club for that to happen though.

Seen Ter Stegen a couple of times now, looks the part, was brilliant against Munich on Friday.

I like Butland, but as you say needs to prove himself in the Premiership with a bigger club.

No he isn't.

yes he is, he simply doesnt come for as many now which makes him look better

Man United remind me of how rangers had to defend in recent years, because shagger was terrible at dealing with cross balls we had to defend deep in our box at set pieces etc, man united are almost camped in their 6 yard box for free kicks

yes he is, he simply doesnt come for as many now which makes him look better

Man United remind me of how rangers had to defend in recent years, because shagger was terrible at dealing with cross balls we had to defend deep in our box at set pieces etc, man united are almost camped in their 6 yard box for free kicks

Ye I will give you that. He does remind me a bit of McGregor only better and with a much better prospect. He has improved in the air a lot. McGregor never has.

better than shagger is a hard one because shagger hasnt played for a team like man united, although the fact that he isnt in the EPL would be testament to that

however i still think that de gea installs fear in the united defence more than he does confidence, and a defence without confidence in their keeper ends up losing a lot more than they should

better than shagger is a hard one because shagger hasnt played for a team like man united, although the fact that he isnt in the EPL would be testament to that

however i still think that de gea installs fear in the united defence more than he does confidence, and a defence without confidence in their keeper ends up losing a lot more than they should

I think united's terrible defense instills fear. not the keeper, just as bad, if not worse when lindegaard plays

I think united's terrible defense instills fear. not the keeper, just as bad, if not worse when lindegaard plays

true, their defence isnt great, but still, having to drop into your 6 yard box to head away a cross because your keeper isnt commanding enough in the air leads to trouble no matter how good your defence is

pick the best defence in the world you can create, best fullbacks and best centre halves from anywhere, they would still struggle to keep clean sheets when opponents can simply launch high balls into the 6 yard box knowing that the keeper wont come off his line

• 2 weeks later...

One of the worst goalies ever, every game they are on about how many goal man utd have conceded, hmm whats different, very poor goalie in my opinion, ive seen better in third division.

No bias from you of course, being a Chelsea fan.

true, their defence isnt great, but still, having to drop into your 6 yard box to head away a cross because your keeper isnt commanding enough in the air leads to trouble no matter how good your defence is

pick the best defence in the world you can create, best fullbacks and best centre halves from anywhere, they would still struggle to keep clean sheets when opponents can simply launch high balls into the 6 yard box knowing that the keeper wont come off his line

Like Klos and Goram? De Gea causes the problem because he does come off his line and fails to reach the ball or comes off and changes his mind.He needs to be stronger or just stay on his line and let the defenders defend high balls and be the shot stopper if headers or shots materialise.