Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

Should anyone have been batoned, pushed downstairs, punched etc. at tonight's game? Not judging by anything I saw/heard on RTV.

If anyone was indeed assaulted for singing, waving flags then that is a disgrace. Regardless of subject matter.

Arrested? Fair enough.

Assaulted? No.

Bang on mate!

It didn't stop you commenting on coin and lighter throwing

Why did you feel the need to comment on that when you only read it on "another forum"?

exactly my point. too many on here moaning about one song being sung rather than wait to find out what happened. seems to me that people on here would rather tbo/ub not sing. wait for facts before blaming your own.

I think the replies in this thread sums up the problem. Too much devision, we should be united.

Other than the chants during Green's speech today (I made my feelings clear in that thread) UB & TBO have been awesome this season, both home and away. There are more and more issues concerning heavy handed policing and football fans, this SNP legislation certainly doesn't help matters.

This is the way I see it.

The one thing that gets on my tits though is bears not sticking up for bears. I've been a Rangers fan all my life and had a season ticket for eleven years now, I wouldn't sell my family down the river therefore I wouldn't do the same to my fellow bears.

There is a reason we have the best away support in the world. Its unity. Those who were there will have their own stories of this night but this is mine.

Valencia 3-0 Rangers. Drunk beyond belief singing build my gallows with thousands of Rangers supporters after taking an absolute humping. That's what being a rangers fan is to me. Together as one, enjoyong ourselves. The way some of you are going on you would rather grass a bear for sectarianism than face the real truth about the country we live in and the people who run it. This is no conspiracy, the green seat brigade get it just as bad every week.

I'm glad I have an exam tomorrow and I didn't go to the game tonight. The behaviour of the police and the reaction from some of our own fans especially makes me sick. The union bears and the blue order have been fantastic again this season, maybe even more so. Often we have posters saying how their kids enjoy seeing bf1 and would love to sit near them. They are trying to create an enjoyable atmosphere for all of us. I know I'm grateful.

With regards to the super rangers song. That song and BF1 are not mutually exclusive. I've heard it sung in other areas of the ground.

Exam tomorrow. Night bears.

The law of the land says you can't sing "we hate c****c, f*****n b*******s". It doesn't offend me but what does is when people get Rangers FC and the rest of the fans a bad name. It isn't the Rangers support in general that has a problem about the words, it's the SNP government and the law of the land that is the problem. What every Rangers supporter needs to understand is that there is no going back. They will never rescind the law.

We have just had a really successful stock market flotation but some of our support still want to get us bad publicity.

As for our songs being banned, we have more Club songs than any team I know and if the correct words were sung there wouldn't be any problem.

First point, "It isn't the Rangers support in general that has a problem about the words" CORRECT! Just as well, the attitudes at games/on buses are a hell of a lot different than that which you find from a lot of people on here, for example. My point wasn't about whether they're illegal or not, it was about our fans being offended by that line in particular. If it's to do with getting the club into trouble etc then that's completely different.

Second point, that has nothing to do with anything.

Third, i'd be worried if you knew more of another clubs song than you do Rangers songs, so thats good (tu)

My post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, by the way.

Why do you feel the need to call me names?

I'm not calling you names I'm highlighting your hypocrisy

If I'm still allowed to do that

Now can you answer the question about why you posted an unfounded allegation made by an anonymous person on another forum?

What motivated you to make that post as it wasn't something you witnessed?

Now can you answer the question about why you posted an unfounded allegation made by an anonymous person on another forum?

I wanted to see if anyone else had heard of this or even seen it...that was all.

I could not believe that anyone would be so stupid as to do such a thing.

While I like most of the song Super Rangers, I find the offending and illegal phrase distasteful as it causes the club we all love a lot of bother.

By singing the phrase in question you invite trouble to the door of the club....

I don't see why we need to sing about them at all, but when has this song caused the club bother? As someone has pointed out already,the Why Don't They Go Home song caused us a lot of bother and had no mention of the F word.....they even tried to deem The Hokey Cokey sectarian....after we complied with the banning of TBB's.....that's what we're up against.

A person with a few hundred posts spreading disinformation ... what can it mean :rolleyes:

I don't see why we need to sing about them at all, but when has this song caused the club bother? As someone has pointed out already,the Why Don't They Go Home song caused us a lot of bother and had no mention of the F word.....they even tried to deem The Hokey Cokey sectarian....after we complied with the banning of TBB's.....that's what we're up against.

that actually made the Globe and Mail here in Canada (a reasonably respectable paper). it was difficult to explain this to folk over here. i just said the PSFC fans are children and are easily offended.

This is the way I see it.

The one thing that gets on my tits though is bears not sticking up for bears. I've been a Rangers fan all my life and had a season ticket for eleven years now, I wouldn't sell my family down the river therefore I wouldn't do the same to my fellow bears.

There is a reason we have the best away support in the world. Its unity. Those who were there will have their own stories of this night but this is mine.

Valencia 3-0 Rangers. Drunk beyond belief singing build my gallows with thousands of Rangers supporters after taking an absolute humping. That's what being a rangers fan is to me. Together as one, enjoyong ourselves. The way some of you are going on you would rather grass a bear for sectarianism than face the real truth about the country we live in and the people who run it. This is no conspiracy, the green seat brigade get it just as bad every week.

I'm glad I have an exam tomorrow and I didn't go to the game tonight. The behaviour of the police and the reaction from some of our own fans especially makes me sick. The union bears and the blue order have been fantastic again this season, maybe even more so. Often we have posters saying how their kids enjoy seeing bf1 and would love to sit near them. They are trying to create an enjoyable atmosphere for all of us. I know I'm grateful.

With regards to the super rangers song. That song and BF1 are not mutually exclusive. I've heard it sung in other areas of the ground.

Exam tomorrow. Night bears.

At the end of the day the time might come when we need other Bears at our back but the way things are going with all this division there will probably none

I wanted to see if anyone else had heard of this or even seen it...that was all.

I could not believe that anyone would be so stupid as to do such a thing.

So you just made it up basically?

A complete left field comment totally irrelevant to the whole discussion

You said you couldn't comment on what happened at the kiosks because you weren't there yet you commented on something you allegedly read in another forum which no one else had mentioned and was slipped into the thread completely out of context

I suspect you either work for the press or FOCUS

If its the latter I hope you have the appropriate authority in place to engage with people on here

Agent provocateur is frowned on these days