Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

Say your kid comes home tonight and says mum/dad I was at the game when the police came in and started charging us and hitting us with batons. I sung a sectarian song but that wasn't why we were charged at and struck with batons.

What's your initial thought? Sectarianism or police brutality?

I know what mine would be.

Exactly how will breaking the law at Rangers games change the laws which Salmond and his lot have brought in?

The "Famine Song" was deemed racist, I believe. I've no idea what the tims sing at their games but if it is anti-British or anti-The Queen then that is an offence, I believe.

The place for getting laws changed is not in this forum but on a wider political forum.

I will never sing it at ibrox as i wouldn't do the club harm but as soon as i am away from rangers it is a different matter, as for the queen it isn't an offence as far as i believe. But instead of excepting these laws i will protest it. People can go on about its links with rangers and how it is wrong, the reality is rangers and celtic represent the different societys and it is a fact of life in western scotland

So no-one substantiated or corroborated it ?

Nothing official though someone said it was caught on CCTV...if that is the case then it will be dealt with. I guess we wait and see if anything official comes out from anyone. I suspect that there may be some extra bodies in the cells at court tomorrow.

This was posted by Bokka11 under the thread At the Game Tonight.

Some folk got a bit to riled. I always try get tickets close to bf1 cause I love the atmosphere but tonight I saw a horrible side to some of our amazing support. I saw lighters, coins and cups being thrown when they were awarded the pen.

I was like WTF when I saw it! So were some others on that thread.

I was in the Copland, so cant say it happened, or not. If it did, then shame on them! If not, then shame on you! Maybe someone on this forum can clear this up?

Nothing official though someone said it was caught on CCTV...if that is the case then it will be dealt with. I guess we wait and see if anything official comes out from anyone. I suspect that there may be some extra bodies in the cells at court tomorrow.

I was actually meaning in the thread in which it was originally mentioned. But no matter I will ring round a few people in the morning and get the overview.

I was actually meaning in the thread in which it was originally mentioned. But no matter I will ring round a few people in the morning and get the overview.

I see. The stuff about the CCTV was in the thread it was mentioned in. It seems that at the moment all we have is speculation until the dust settles as it were.

Not shame on me...i am just the messenger.

Why suddenly bring it up in a thread when it's not being discussed? - Bang right out of the blue

Then decline to comment on something which may or may not have happened at the kiosks because "you didn't witness it"

You have to admit it reeks of the people I mentioned before

There is no way corrupt polititians like salmond will ever change them ... he legislates against sectarianism with one hand and yet warmly endorses sectarian schools with the other

Well if you do not like what the SNP administration are doing then vote them out. Hold peaceful protests, marches in George Square against the criminalisation of football fans, get press coverage sign petitions, get a sympathetic MSP on side! Plenty of ways to change laws the RIGHT WAY!

Were you there did you see what happened.

Why is your first port of call when setting blame the Rangers fans?

I am not blaming the Rangers fans but that is what usually happens when anyone is arrested at a football match. I saw the police rushing from where i was sitting and it scared the hell outta me. I was not in BF1 but it was still a worrying thing to see.

Well if you do not like what the SNP administration are doing then vote them out. Hold peaceful protests, marches in George Square against the criminalisation of football fans, get press coverage sign petitions, get a sympathetic MSP on side! Plenty of ways to change laws the RIGHT WAY!

Would you condemn police brutality?

I see. The stuff about the CCTV was in the thread it was mentioned in. It seems that at the moment all we have is speculation until the dust settles as it were.

Irrespective of CCTV - if people have been throwing coins or lighters there will be plenty of Bears speaking about this.

Personally I have my doubts.

Trouble has been brewing down there for quite a considerable time, and its particularly sad that some of our most fervent and fanatical support appear to be getting the rough end of the stick.