Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

I would like to see cctv or footage before being able to give a definite opinion. A lot of people are making opinions based on no evidence whatsoever. I doubt very much if there was no blame on either side. Will need to wait for the footage which i am sure the club will have and can be released into the public.

Being going to Ibrox for 26 years - away games less so (5 ish a year), all Scotland home games and most cup finals - never been huckled or harrassed by the police, infact find them tolerant, helpful and a credit to themselves. I have seen the occasional numpty get arrested - and IMHO and for all the internet lawyers on here I 'percieved' that the numpties I saw getting arrested were breaking the law prior to getting arrested - the stupidest being the lad at one of the cup finals at Hampden jumping up on down on the seats at half time - office comes up and says "Get down son before you break the chair"... "Going to fucking make me" says or 'percieved' criminal, "Look come down, if that chair breaks I'll have to arrest you!,now come down" ..."Fuck off piggy bastard" says our bold lad and the chair breaks - police huckle him as he struggles against arrest! I always hoped he was charged with gross stupidity but I dont think thats a crime! But he certainly deserved to be arrested.

Thank fuck the officer made the streets of Glasgow safe that night

I would like to see cctv or footage before being able to give a definite opinion. A lot of people are making opinions based on no evidence whatsoever. I doubt very much if there was no blame on either side. Will need to wait for the footage which i am sure the club will have and can be released into the public.

What surprises me is lack of footage.If the UB fart ,some one has it on you tube with in nano seconds,but the most serious incident involving them,not,nada,zilch.

My boy just called me there, said the police have lost the Plot with the UB lads and some people, young girls have been battoned. Lots have been thrown out. More when i get it.

Edit: Sorry about spelling on phone just now.

There was a time when Rangers fans stood together and the police would not of got near fans! What has happened? Fans are totally scared of the police and stewards...this should not be the case!

To the tune of the Streets of London..............

Will you take me by the hand as I walk you down to Orkney Street .....where i will batter fuck out you with my baton..........you can't sing your songs of hate like god save your Queen......cause we will batter fuck ot you and make a story that isn't true..............

That Was The Week That Was.................don't you just miss good old banter :7325:

Do you honestly expect anyone to believe anything your saying , maybe you wanna rethink your 'the police are doing the right thing' scenario.

You talk as those the police would never fabricate anything , maybe you wanna check out this

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20780584

Thats right , they do make things up just like you seem to be doing.

.... and every one of our fans is an angel.......and are always getting picked on for NO reason by the big bad policemen...

Na don't buy that!

That didn't really happen, did it? C'mon, you've just made that up, just trying to make your arguement stronger.......................a futile attempt.

My brother, wife and daughter were all with me - and witnessed it - but being family I suppose you would want video evidence or something...

... but really I care not a jot about you believing me - but let me ask you this - do you support the police or just think they are all wrong all of the time ?

My brother, wife and daughter were all with me - and witnessed it - but being family I suppose you would want video evidence or something...

... but really I care not a jot about you believing me - but let me ask you this - do you support the police or just think they are all wrong all of the time ?

He clearly supports the police and not other fans....this is why Rangers fans dont stick up for each other anymore in the stadium....too many are happy to see fans lifted as if they think it's funny.

Has this not got to be has one of the craziest lines throughout this thread? I how about giving our fans the benefit of the doubt? from what i can gather the police have totally over reacted and have used a sledgehammer to crack a nut. The amount of anger towards the stewarding/policing of BF1 on this board has been pretty large for a number of months.. I would bet that most off the cases are very justified . Something needs to be done about the victimisation of the fans in BF1 .

You said it yourself anger at the stewarding/policing - what it seems is cops try to arrest someone - crowd get angry at them doing their jobs and react, police react back - police are bastards, fans as pure as driven snow!

I just choose to back the police and allow then to do their job - without them the game would be anarchy!

There was a time when Rangers fans stood together and the police would not of got near fans! What has happened? Fans are totally scared of the police and stewards...this should not be the case!

Fans SHOULD have respect for the police - its not a battle and its not a them and us situation.

In my mind he did - idiot was looking for trouble - rather he took it out on a seat and get arrested than down the street on another person or vandalise more property - if the cop had not done his job there is a chance that moron would have done worse damage than he did.

Fans SHOULD have respect for the police - its not a battle and its not a them and us situation.

Respect for the police.Never,the lowest form of life I have had dealings with professionally and personally.

You're obviously a cop or shagging one.

And my opinion is formed by experience.

Respect has to be earned.

In my mind he did - idiot was looking for trouble - rather he took it out on a seat and get arrested than down the street on another person or vandalise more property - if the cop had not done his job there is a chance that moron would have done worse damage than he did.

I have to agree he was already like a one man wrecking ball! Dry yer fucking eyes! If yae try living in the real world you would notice that the didgery doos make a lot of mistakes.

On Saturday at Montrose I thought on the whole their approach was excellent, engaged in some banter and took pics etc for folk!

Having had my ST last year in BF1 and tried to talk to these brain dead polis who monitor the section I can assure you they have a very aggressive approach! With threats of "yer gettin jailed" to folk who are doing fuck all wrong! Last years game against the tarriers (4 2 game) had me wanting to boot one in the balls! I started a thread about it at the time when the brain dead fuck nearly started a riot in the Govan corner!

my friend at work was at the game last night he said it all stemmed from the red card penalty incident, he said after the red card 1 or 2 folk started shouting towards the ref, stewards kinda rushed over to the two fans pointed or motioned for police.

it kinda calmed down after that then but escalated later when one of the coppers went into the crowd and tried to lift the fan, fans round about tried to ask what was going on but then the other coppers came over and pulled out the battons from this point on a couple of fans were smacked about , he's not sure if this was the point were the ub tried to walk out

that's all he knows

Problem is we have too many tim stewards who are just itching to start something ... no doubt the part of Ibrox with the most vocal support will attract their attention and make it easy for them to abuse their position