Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

Afraid not, do not have a clue what this bit means.

".........and all who intervene whenever thr is z match with a bit of bite."

Then i'm afraid i won't be able to help you as i don't have the required qualifications.

You're looking more stupid than Chef here ffs doh

Do you know what I find most interesting... its the same anti-traditionalists on here that are quick to blame UB and defending the police ... best thing is... probably not even at the game......

It's surely no coincidence that the police attack the most fervent supporters

Riot police tend to be horrible, vicious thugs in armoured uniform. Pumped up and ready for a fight before they are deployed.

Most police I have met, known or dealt with are a majority of good guys (and I know plenty) and then the thugs obsessed by the power they can yield through a uniform (I have known one or two), give the bad name to the majority.

Football fans always seem to get the worst treatment, because of the football riots of the past.

Hillsborough should have taught all police forces that you have to be very careful not to aggravate football fans - as emotions are already running high at a football match and it doesn't take a lot to see a football fan react, especially if they are under the influence of alcohol. I don't mean aggravate as in rightly arrest - but physically assault/use unnecessary force, intimidate through numbers, confine in to tight spaces and verbally abusing football fans is not the right way to try and keep order. This only leads to worsening a manageable situation and dramatically increases the risk of injury to civilians and the officers themselves.

Has a story of trouble at Ibrox been printed in any paper? I haven't seen it yet, but haven't looked properly. If there is nothing reported, it could suggest that there were wrong doings by some officers last night and the force have moved to hide it for now - but I'll need to go check papers now.

235 user(s) are reading this topic

50 members, 183 guests, 1 anonymous users

Cooooooeeeee!!!!! We can see you lurking you obsessed cunts.

I think it's Kiddiefiddle street you need!!!! :wanker:

I think if the police waded in for no reason, as has been suggested, then questions should be asked.

In my opinion if it was only a flag or a wee bit of singing then they should have left well alone and perhaps a wee reminder next time that if it happens again then arrests will be made. Not that I agree at all with arrests being made for these reasons. The thought of spending a night in the cells for an evening and then a court appearance the following day because I said or sung something at a football match is not something to be relished.

By wading in they way the appeared to do then that in itself could easily serve to incite some form of retort from the fans, complicating the situation and possibly resulting in some form of riot.That wouldn't be a particularly responsible way of policing. This would be causing trouble. The very thing they are employed to prevent.

If however the reports of coin throwing etc are true then that is a different matter. Coin throwing is scumbag behaviour of the highest order then I would agree with the police going in to lift the perpetrators. When the scum were guilty of pelting our players at the savilledome we were up in arms about it, and rightly so. It is disgusting behaviour of the highest order and should not be tolerated at any ground.

I have witnessed every week at our home games the really shitty attitude of the police towards the BF1 guys. I usually go in the BR2 with my Mrs and my boy and there's always someone being searched at the turnstiles next to where we go in. Just what are they looking for? They always appear to be filming there. Just what are they looking to record? The police always gather in large numbers adjacent to the BF1 more than anywhere else in the whole stadium. Why? OK there are the big gates there but there are also big gates at the Copland end which can be opened if necessary in the event of an evacuation being required, but why do they gather there?

So to this end I claim police intimidation. It's clear to see at every home game.

And as for there being little or no video or photographic evidence of the incidents that occurred in BF1, the concourses or outside the ground afterwards, I reckon it would take a very brave soul to post up what they had recorded. I'm sure it would guarantee them a wee visit from Salmond's Stazi at an unearthly hour.

Just had a thought there!

For all those going on about singing etc and "rightfully arresting" folk. The police record the section. In order to avoid shit like last night they could have waited, reviewed the necessary footage and made any arrests in the following few days!

This seems to be their tactics for SPL games and that includes the Hearts v tarriers game

Just had a thought there!

For all those going on about singing etc and "rightfully arresting" folk. The police record the section. In order to avoid shit like last night they could have waited, reviewed the necessary footage and made any arrests in the following few days!

This seems to be their tactics for SPL games and that includes the Hearts v tarriers game

I'm nowhere near being on the police's side but i'm sure if they see illegal activity they can't just say we'll solve it the morn.

for those that keep saying the minority should stop singing these songs, the only conclusion i can come to is you were not at the game, and are jumping to conclusions.

The whole stadium stood up and sang, all four stands on their feet singing super rangers with all the words.

Kind of hard to miss if you were there.

also the police did not enter the stands because of singing. they have stated they had witnessed a disturbance and went to make arrests, what they really mean is they dont want to pin point the reason they entered the stands, as we will deem it as not sufficent enough for policemen in full gear pushing their way into rows, stopping people from leaving the ground in protest by force, the use of batons on minors, horses and riot vans blocking turnstiles.

We should be protecting our own especially children who just want to go to ibrox and wave flags, sing songs and enjoy themselves, cant believe i need to say that would have thought it was obvious that children should not be hit by adults using batons.

I'm nowhere near being on the police's side but i'm sure if they see illegal activity they can't just say we'll solve it the morn.

If the situation merits them taking action later rather than wading into a volitile situation then they will! That's what they have been doing with the tarriers and co! Record it, study the footage and then make arrests

for those that keep saying the minority should stop singing these songs, the only conclusion i can come to is you were not at the game, and are jumping to conclusions.

The whole stadium stood up and sang, all four stands on their feet singing super rangers with all the words.

also the police did not enter the stands because of singing. they have stated they had witnessed a disturbance and went to make arrests, what they really mean is they dont want to pin point the reason they entered the stands, as we will deem it as not sufficent enough for policemen in full gear pushing their way into rows, stopping people from leaving the ground in protest by force, the use of batons on minors, horses and riot vans blocking turnstiles.

We should be protecting our own especially children who just want to go to ibrox and wave flags, sing songs and enjoy themselves, cant believe i need to say that would have thought it was obvious that children should not be hit by adults using batons.

No it wasn't sung all round the stadium by everyone, not even close. Yes, I was there.

You said it yourself anger at the stewarding/policing - what it seems is cops try to arrest someone - crowd get angry at them doing their jobs and react, police react back - police are bastards, fans as pure as driven snow!

I just choose to back the police and allow then to do their job - without them the game would be anarchy!

You have a valid point but it sounds like the way that section is policed/ stewarded is definately not working.

Well said!

235 user(s) are reading this topic

50 members, 183 guests, 1 anonymous users

Cooooooeeeee!!!!! We can see you lurking you obsessed cunts.

I think it's Kiddiefiddle street you need!!!! :wanker:

I think if the police waded in for no reason, as has been suggested, then questions should be asked.

In my opinion if it was only a flag or a wee bit of singing then they should have left well alone and perhaps a wee reminder next time that if it happens again then arrests will be made. Not that I agree at all with arrests being made for these reasons. The thought of spending a night in the cells for an evening and then a court appearance the following day because I said or sung something at a football match is not something to be relished.

By wading in they way the appeared to do then that in itself could easily serve to incite some form of retort from the fans, complicating the situation and possibly resulting in some form of riot.That wouldn't be a particularly responsible way of policing. This would be causing trouble. The very thing they are employed to prevent.

If however the reports of coin throwing etc are true then that is a different matter. Coin throwing is scumbag behaviour of the highest order then I would agree with the police going in to lift the perpetrators. When the scum were guilty of pelting our players at the savilledome we were up in arms about it, and rightly so. It is disgusting behaviour of the highest order and should not be tolerated at any ground.

I have witnessed every week at our home games the really shitty attitude of the police towards the BF1 guys. I usually go in the BR2 with my Mrs and my boy and there's always someone being searched at the turnstiles next to where we go in. Just what are they looking for? They always appear to be filming there. Just what are they looking to record? The police always gather in large numbers adjacent to the BF1 more than anywhere else in the whole stadium. Why? OK there are the big gates there but there are also big gates at the Copland end which can be opened if necessary in the event of an evacuation being required, but why do they gather there?

So to this end I claim police intimidation. It's clear to see at every home game.

And as for there being little or no video or photographic evidence of the incidents that occurred in BF1, the concourses or outside the ground afterwards, I reckon it would take a very brave soul to post up what they had recorded. I'm sure it would guarantee them a wee visit from Salmond's Stazi at an unearthly hour.

''And as for there being little or no video or photographic evidence of the incidents that occurred in BF1, the concourses or outside the ground afterwards, I reckon it would take a very brave soul to post up what they had recorded. I'm sure it would guarantee them a wee visit from Salmond's Stazi at an unearthly hour."

It is not illegal to post videos like that onto Youtube etc etc. I would doubt it very much if anyone chapped your door for posting that. Until we see what happened, its all conjecture on all sides. I find it very strange that there are no videos.

So much hear'say and shite spoke in this thread.

Yup.

Firstly I don't understand why "handwringers" are getting the blame. Now forgive me if I am wrong but handwringers are the ones that don't sing any "allegedly" dodgy songs. So how in the fuck could it be their fault?

Secondly, there are a good few people in this thread with suspiciously low post counts who are coming on here and trying to make the fans look bad by saying the saw and heard shit. I think most of these posters are tims trying to put the cat amongst the pigeons.

This whole thread should have been about how the police were OTT in their treatment of fans, and have been for fucking months now. Yet AGAIN we manage to turn it into an infighting/mud slinging barny between Rangers fans.

FFS, we are supposed to all be together in this journey and we crumble as a fanbase at the first big hurdle. So disapointing to see the fighting ITT.

Yup.

Firstly I don't understand why "handwringers" are getting the blame. Now forgive me if I am wrong but handwringers are the ones that don't sing any "allegedly" dodgy songs. So how in the fuck could it be their fault?

Secondly, there are a good few people in this thread with suspiciously low post counts who are coming on here and trying to make the fans look bad by saying the saw and heard shit. I think most of these posters are tims trying to put the cat amongst the pigeons.

This whole thread should have been about how the police were OTT in their treatment of fans, and have been for fucking months now. Yet AGAIN we manage to turn it into an infighting/mud slinging barny between Rangers fans.

FFS, we are supposed to all be together in this journey and we crumble as a fanbase at the first big hurdle. So disapointing to see the fighting ITT.

Well said, that man!

This debate is about wether the police have the right to go and arrest someone - I assert that they have the right and in the VAST majority of cases will be right - even in the extremely few cases where they get it wrong there was probably enough cause to make the initial arrest - that is there JOB. I back there right to do there job.

TBH, I think that most police officers don't even understand these new laws put in place at the football, they don't fully understand the law, we don't fully understand the law. And it has lead to a ton of people getting arrested an nothing really happening to them because the law is so fuzzy in these regards.

It's a fucking stupid law anyway :)

.... and every one of our fans is an angel.......and are always getting picked on for NO reason by the big bad policemen...

Na don't buy that!

Why are you so adamant in blaming the fans here BP9, when you have already said that you don't know?

You seem to simply refuse to believe in any way that the police might have been OTT and arrested someone for very little.

I have witnessed police intimidation, and last night i watched about 10 vids showing the police up for not even knowing the laws they were enforcing. The police are not infallible and to think they are is very strange.

I am not saying the fans done nothing wrong, as I was not there, but to condemn them without any proof is just weird.

Fans SHOULD have respect for the police - its not a battle and its not a them and us situation.

Why should fans have respect for the police? respect is earned, and the heavy handed stewarding that is currently going on at Ibrox and the peadodome is OTT. These stewards/ heavy handed police do not deserve respect.

Why should fans have respect for the police? respect is earned, and the heavy handed stewarding that is currently going on at Ibrox and the peadodome is OTT. These stewards/ heavy handed police do not deserve respect.

Indeed.

What I seen last night was fucking awful, no matter how the police have treated BF1 in the past I would never of expected the brutality they gave out last night. It seemed like they had been waiting for the smallest of chances to unleash.

Indeed.

What I seen last night was fucking awful, no matter how the police have treated BF1 in the past I would never of expected the brutality they gave out last night. It seemed like they had been waiting for the smallest of chances to unleash.

It's a joke mate, and i honestly believe it has a lot to do with the fact that the police do not fully know the laws they are trying to uphold. I have heard fans telling stories about how they have been toold to stop singing songs which are clearly not banned and do not have any addons. And the sheer amount of stories coming from old firm fans about heavy handed/orwellian type policing can not all be exagerated.