Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

.... and every one of our fans is an angel.......and are always getting picked on for NO reason by the big bad policemen...

Na don't buy that!

I can't believe your abject desire to side with anyone other than the people that were there.

Now if i'm right everyone who was there last night in that area has a season ticket, they know who they are and we also know in dictatorship Scotland these guys are filmed for ninety minutes.

So why do they need to wade in?

Was someones life at risk?

Was there a danger to others within the stadium?

I sit in cr3 so was hard for me to see what was going on. What i do know is these guys in bf1 deserve our praise and support , not fucking condemnation when we don't even know the full facts.

What's going to happen next home game I wonder? Boxing day so maybe the crowd will be smaller. I'm always watching BF1 when the game's quiet (I'm in MFNA so good view) so I think I will watch a bit more & have my camera ready.

We all have our own tales of police misbehaving or covering for each other. They were OTT in Manchester and helped get us a bad reputation.

I can't believe your abject desire to side with anyone other than the people that were there.

Now if i'm right everyone who was there last night in that area has a season ticket, they know who they are and we also know in dictatorship Scotland these guys are filmed for ninety minutes.

So why do they need to wade in?

Was someones life at risk?

Was there a danger to others within the stadium?

I sit in cr3 so was hard for me to see what was going on. What i do know is these guys in bf1 deserve our praise and support , not fucking condemnation when we don't even know the full facts.

Well, aren't people from both sides wading in without all the facts? You have to be fair either way. I'd imagine the policing was somewhat heavy-handed, but i'd also imagine there was at least some reason for them wading in. It's a tricky situation that nobody will fully agree on. You have to be fair either way though. If you think its out of order for some fans to think that some of the behaviour of the UB was responsible, then you surely must also think it out of order from those blaiming the police entirely for the situation?

Why are you so adamant in blaming the fans here BP9, when you have already said that you don't know?

You seem to simply refuse to believe in any way that the police might have been OTT and arrested someone for very little.

I have witnessed police intimidation, and last night i watched about 10 vids showing the police up for not even knowing the laws they were enforcing. The police are not infallible and to think they are is very strange.

I am not saying the fans done nothing wrong, as I was not there, but to condemn them without any proof is just weird.

in my opinion to assume the police did all this for no reason is wrong! but many seem to be doing just that - I trust and support the police - they do a tough job and do it well - but threads like this just try to turn them into some sort of social repression force - and they are not!

Why should fans have respect for the police? respect is earned, and the heavy handed stewarding that is currently going on at Ibrox and the peadodome is OTT. These stewards/ heavy handed police do not deserve respect.

they have earned my respect !

in my opinion to assume the police did all this for no reason is wrong! but many seem to be doing just that - I trust and support the police - they do a tough job and do it well - but threads like this just try to turn them into some sort of social repression force - and they are not!

I usually give you the benefit of the doubt but you're fucking clueless if you think the police do their jobs well.

No, IMO The police "might" have had a reason to arrest someone, but the question is, was the amount of force warranted?

The only people to blame for last night was the police.

Indeed.

Times like these are eye openers though, i'd back Rangers fans up 100% of the time no matter what the situation was. Being a fellow bear, you get the benefit of the doubt.

Yet you only get the people who didn't witness the incidents saying you can't blame the police etc, yet everyone who did witness it shares the same opinions that is was an overreaction and it was simply police brutality.

Half this thread wasn't there, nd they are still alowed to comment mate, why is he any different?

Because he posted this:

"I wasn't there last night, but from what l've read on here, it does seem like the police have over reacted. l mean they've waded in with with batons flying into a family stand, which must have scared any kids in there. l just dont know what the fans could have done to have caused such a violent reaction from the police."

He's read mixed reports, rumours and third party accounts, most of which have been contradictory and reached a conclusion. I also don't think anyone suggested that the police "waded in with batons flying into a family stand". I certainly didn't see that from my seat and I am sure it would have been reported by many fans, media, etc if that had been the case. There were plenty other fans in BF2, BR1, BR2 and the west end of the Bill Struth Stand who must have witnessed what occurred in BF1. If there had been wanton violence on the part of the police or fans, I'm sure it would be out in the public domain by now.

Sound like the actions of the police and stewards need to be caught on camera in order to make sure we know what goes down; as soon as they make a move folk need to get those phones pointing where the action is.

When it comes down to claims and hearsay the police will generally get the benefit of the doubt - particularly where football fans are involved, thus evidence is vital and may prove to be a deterrent against unnecessary force.

Because he posted this:

"I wasn't there last night, but from what l've read on here, it does seem like the police have over reacted. l mean they've waded in with with batons flying into a family stand, which must have scared any kids in there. l just dont know what the fans could have done to have caused such a violent reaction from the police."

He's read mixed reports, rumours and third party accounts, most of which have been contradictory and reached a conclusion. I also don't think anyone suggested that the police "waded in with batons flying into a family stand". I certainly didn't see that from my seat and I am sure it would have been reported by many fans, media, etc if that had been the case. There were plenty other fans in BF2, BR1, BR2 and the west end of the Bill Struth Stand who must have witnessed what occurred in BF1. If there had been wanton violence on the part of the police or fans, I'm sure it would be out in the public domain by now.

The worst part of it was in the concourse, nobody in other stands witnessed it.

That is where the batons came out, according to reports. ;)

Sound like the actions of the police and stewards need to be caught on camera in order to make sure we know what goes down; as soon as they make a move folk need to get those phones pointing where the action is.

When it comes down to claims and hearsay the police will generally get the benefit of the doubt - particularly where football fans are involved, thus evidence is vital and may prove to be a deterrent against unnecessary force.

.. and yet when the police film us we are up in arms about it....

Well, aren't people from both sides wading in without all the facts? You have to be fair either way. I'd imagine the policing was somewhat heavy-handed, but i'd also imagine there was at least some reason for them wading in. It's a tricky situation that nobody will fully agree on. You have to be fair either way though. If you think its out of order for some fans to think that some of the behaviour of the UB was responsible, then you surely must also think it out of order from those blaiming the police entirely for the situation?

There was only a situtation because the police waded in.

Unless someone can tell me the neccesity of it

they have earned my respect !

It's nice to know all of her majestys finest have your respect but none of the bf1.

I don't really go for personal insults but you are a fucking tool.