Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

is something constructive being done? is someone gathering the evidence to make a full complaint to the police?

obviously this matter needs investigated.

maybe you could volunteer your services and help some fellow bears gather some evidence see if they have a case if they have

fight it for them

Oh I know it's a crock of shite, but he has a following on twitter, and his lies will be believe by the masses.

He needs to be looked at closely and possibly taken to court.

To be clear, wasn't having a go or anything. Just astounded by such a tweet. Even if it has legs, its disgusting to point score with that

If true, well fuck me, unbelievable

To be clear, wasn't having a go or anything. Just astounded by such a disgusting tweet. He's taken that far too far. Unfortunately, there's no real direct accusations, hence, i'd imagine there isn;t a lot you can do.

You are most probably right mate :(

maybe you could volunteer your services and help some fellow bears gather some evidence see if they have a case if they have

fight it for them

I will happily help put things in writing to being the process of making a complaint against officers. I was not near enough to gather evidence but if others can do that I can help draft things. I have no problem with that.

I will happily help put things in writing to being the process of making a complaint against officers. I was not near enough to gather evidence but if others can do that I can help draft things. I have no problem with that.

do not be suprised if you start to get some calls

RANGERS supporters battled on the streets with cops after a protest over plans to rename Ibrox stadium.

Eight people were arrested in violent clashes during Gers’ SFL game at home to Annan Athletic on Tuesday night.

Trouble flared after fans unfurled banners declaring “Always Ibrox” and heckled a pre-match speech by Light Blues chief Charles Green.

Green was jeered as he made a pitch-side announcement that the club raised £22million from a share issue.

And last night he expanded on plans to sell naming rights to a business sponsor. He said: “Everything is for sale at a football club.

“Everyone is going to call it Ibrox... I’m going to call it Ibrox and I’m not an impassioned Rangers fan. If someone wants to use that international brand to promote his company by paying Rangers a fee for the privilege, why shouldn’t we?”

Sections of the Ibrox support claim the club’s history will be tarnished if the move goes ahead.

It is understood fans’ group The Union Bears left the ground en masse during Tuesday’s game in protest after one of their members was arrested.

Trouble spilled on to surrounding streets where mounted cops restored order.

Last night a fan writing on Rangers blog Copland Road claimed fans were beaten with truncheons.

He wrote: “There were around 200 people protesting at the treatment these fans were facing but the police didn’t take kindly to being videoed and started waving their truncheons at anyone in sight. I saw children aged 12-15 struck.”

The protest during Green’s speech was caught on camera by at least one spectator at the match, which Gers won 3-0, as was a fan’s arrest.

Tycoon Mike Ashley is said to be interested in branding Ibrox with his SportsDirect retail chain’s logo. The move could bring in millions to Rangers.

Strathclyde Police said six men aged from 18 to 31 were held for alleged alcohol and breach of the peace offences.

They are due to appear in court at a later date. Two others aged 22 and 17 were due before Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday over claims of police assault and resisting arrest.

RANGERS supporters battled on the streets with cops after a protest over plans to rename Ibrox stadium.

Eight people were arrested in violent clashes during Gers’ SFL game at home to Annan Athletic on Tuesday night.

Trouble flared after fans unfurled banners declaring “Always Ibrox” and heckled a pre-match speech by Light Blues chief Charles Green.

Green was jeered as he made a pitch-side announcement that the club raised £22million from a share issue.

And last night he expanded on plans to sell naming rights to a business sponsor. He said: “Everything is for sale at a football club.

“Everyone is going to call it Ibrox... I’m going to call it Ibrox and I’m not an impassioned Rangers fan. If someone wants to use that international brand to promote his company by paying Rangers a fee for the privilege, why shouldn’t we?”

Sections of the Ibrox support claim the club’s history will be tarnished if the move goes ahead.

It is understood fans’ group The Union Bears left the ground en masse during Tuesday’s game in protest after one of their members was arrested.

Trouble spilled on to surrounding streets where mounted cops restored order.

Last night a fan writing on Rangers blog Copland Road claimed fans were beaten with truncheons.

He wrote: “There were around 200 people protesting at the treatment these fans were facing but the police didn’t take kindly to being videoed and started waving their truncheons at anyone in sight. I saw children aged 12-15 struck.”

The protest during Green’s speech was caught on camera by at least one spectator at the match, which Gers won 3-0, as was a fan’s arrest.

Tycoon Mike Ashley is said to be interested in branding Ibrox with his SportsDirect retail chain’s logo. The move could bring in millions to Rangers.

Strathclyde Police said six men aged from 18 to 31 were held for alleged alcohol and breach of the peace offences.

They are due to appear in court at a later date. Two others aged 22 and 17 were due before Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday over claims of police assault and resisting arrest.

Out of curiosity, where did this article come from?

I though it all started around the sending off incident. Nothing was going on down the front and I couldn't see in to the back corner but a group of cops went up the stairs, then some fans, then lots of fans going up one side and down the other then just about all the front 10 rows or so leaving.

Whether some of our fans were drunk, hot under the collar or whatever the Police should all have been sober, calm, and were on duty being paid to protect the public & keep the peace and should not have been wielding truncheons at children unless they were under physical threat and they did not appear to be. It's the Police whose reputation was diminished on Wednesday.

I think it should be acknowledged that Oldfirm games would be complete chaos if it wasn't for the skilled handling of these games by the police - I think a lot of people condemning the police on this thread have more to be thankful to them for than they'd care to admit.

However, from what I saw from the Copland Rear last night, the police went way over the top. Although it's interesting that there has been no footage posted, as far as I know.

I sort of have issue as to wether the cops going in en- mass is heavy handed or justified - there are rumours about cops trying to arrest someone and being prevented from doing so - in that situation , in my opinion, they are justified in going in en-mass to carry out there duty. it is not up to anyone to prevent the police doing their jobs. ( I saw the cops going on from the govan front)

The support will just need to take our word for it at the moment.

Absolutely.

If there are legal proceedings against the police in the offing the last thing you need is videos, pictures etc splattered all over the internet which may be considered to influence decision makers (or a jury) prior to any court case.

I think.

I'm sure most saw what happened at the stairs. The police nearly causing a crush and caused severe injuries to some people.

Was sitting in the west enclosure and saw the cops steam into the section team handed, I saw them pushing people down the stairs , I saw UB lads pulling their mates out from the crush on the stairs. Also know of a young lad who has a hand injury after trying to defend himself from a coppers baton. Don't know what started it , but I never seen any 'disturbance' before the cops steamed in ..

Far to many people on here passing judgment when they really don't have a fucking clue, this is something that's been on going all season with heavy handed policing of the section.

Next game I will be back in the BF1 giving the lads my backing.

No Surrender ACAB

Everything is cctv'd, everyone has been photo'd. The police have (I would imagine) the details of all UB/BO.

If soemone is identified as committing a minor crime (such as singing a sectarian song) the police are justified in going to arrest that person. If they are stopped from doing so by others they have two choices:

• go in mob handed and cause a possible confrontation (which happened)
  • lift the guy on the way out/at a later time or date

they decide to risk confrontation - well they are the ones with batons

I don't know what the details are but I'm just pointing out that if could have been handled better.

Perhaps a focus lurker would like to respond??