Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

Police have been at it all season, nicking lads on the way out of the stadium etc for fuckall, just trying to expand their database IMO. Anyone who thinks the strathclyde police/FoCUS bring anything good to Ibrox needs to take their head on the sand.

Why are u so anti rangers

I aint! I am pro Rangers - thats why I have a dislike for trouble at Ibrox - especially if caused by our fans - that does Rangers NO good at all. Probably a point you being an Ubber fan wont really understand as you seem to thinks fans should be allowed to behave as they please.

RANGERS supporters battled on the streets with cops after a protest over plans to rename Ibrox stadium.

Eight people were arrested in violent clashes during Gers’ SFL game at home to Annan Athletic on Tuesday night.

Trouble flared after fans unfurled banners declaring “Always Ibrox” and heckled a pre-match speech by Light Blues chief Charles Green.

Green was jeered as he made a pitch-side announcement that the club raised £22million from a share issue.

And last night he expanded on plans to sell naming rights to a business sponsor. He said: “Everything is for sale at a football club.

“Everyone is going to call it Ibrox... I’m going to call it Ibrox and I’m not an impassioned Rangers fan. If someone wants to use that international brand to promote his company by paying Rangers a fee for the privilege, why shouldn’t we?”

Sections of the Ibrox support claim the club’s history will be tarnished if the move goes ahead.

It is understood fans’ group The Union Bears left the ground en masse during Tuesday’s game in protest after one of their members was arrested.

Trouble spilled on to surrounding streets where mounted cops restored order.

Last night a fan writing on Rangers blog Copland Road claimed fans were beaten with truncheons.

He wrote: “There were around 200 people protesting at the treatment these fans were facing but the police didn’t take kindly to being videoed and started waving their truncheons at anyone in sight. I saw children aged 12-15 struck.”

The protest during Green’s speech was caught on camera by at least one spectator at the match, which Gers won 3-0, as was a fan’s arrest.

Tycoon Mike Ashley is said to be interested in branding Ibrox with his SportsDirect retail chain’s logo. The move could bring in millions to Rangers.

Strathclyde Police said six men aged from 18 to 31 were held for alleged alcohol and breach of the peace offences.

They are due to appear in court at a later date. Two others aged 22 and 17 were due before Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday over claims of police assault and resisting arrest.

The police should be absolutely ashamed of themselves all this trouble happened at a game against ANNAN ATHLETIC because they were spoling for a fight

bubblybear likes this

I aint! I am pro Rangers - thats why I have a dislike for trouble at Ibrox - especially if caused by our fans - that does Rangers NO good at all. Probably a point you being an Ubber fan wont really understand as you seem to thinks fans should be allowed to behave as they please.

After reading so many of your posts that so hinge on the police being the good guys and anyone in bf1 being the equivalent of hitlers spawn, will your christmas be ruined if it is proved the police created a situation by not using the correct approach to a 'possible event'?

It may well be the case that the police have framed Conservative chief whip Andrew Mitchell so I'm sure there are other officers out there who wouldn't think twice about battering a few football fans for no good reason ... anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves

Blumhoilann likes this

But you have no idea if it was caused by our fans so I have to ask the question, why are you so quick to blame Rangers fans??

But you have no idea if it was caused by our fans so I have to ask the question, why are you so quick to blame Rangers fans??

I genuinely believe that the police would NOT have reacted without cause - ergo I believe there was cause. Why are you so quick to think the police would wade in with NO cause ?

I genuinely believe that the police would NOT have reacted without cause - ergo I believe there was cause. Why are you so quick to think the police would wade in with NO cause ?

Because I don't live in my own wee world and have been a victim of unprovoked police brutality more than once.

I think "cause" can be a blurry line when the police are concerned.

After reading so many of your posts that so hinge on the police being the good guys and anyone in bf1 being the equivalent of hitlers spawn, will your christmas be ruined if it is proved the police created a situation by not using the correct approach to a 'possible event'?

Nope - but if it turns out that the police tried to arrest someone - and others took it into their head to prevent that - will you be condoning the behavior of of those who tried to prevent the police doing their job?

As I have said before I like the singing and dancing section,they bring some colour and life to Ibrox - BUT that does not give them carte blanche to do what they want and make up their own rules.

Because I don't live in my own wee world and have been a victim of unprovoked police brutality more than once.

Uprovoked !????

Your probably the type of kid who goes home with a punishment exercise from school and says the teacher picked on you but every one else was doing it and got away with it !!

In a situation like Tuesday night it takes one copper losing it to end up a riot like situation! You do get baton happy coppers you know

Uprovoked !????

Your probably the type of kid who goes home with a punishment exercise from school and says the teacher picked on you but every one else was doing it and got away with it !!

:lol:

You're probably the type of kid that if you were in a group of bears and were attacked by tims you'd run like fuck and leave your "fellow" bears to take a hiding. Anyone on here disagree?

Nope - but if it turns out that the police tried to arrest someone - and others took it into their head to prevent that - will you be condoning the behavior of of those who tried to prevent the police doing their job?

As I have said before I like the singing and dancing section,they bring some colour and life to Ibrox - BUT that does not give them carte blanche to do what they want and make up their own rules.

~Im not condoning anyones behaviour , as i have previously said where i sit i couldnt make out what was going on. What i do know is that you keep asking for videos and proof from fellow Rangers fans whilst defending the police without fear of contradiction.

Yes im siding with the Rangers fans , thats what i do, if my brother is accused of doing something , if my son is accused of doing something i do all i can to protect them , and these guys&girls are my family just the same, so if you don't mind i'll be siding with them until proven otherwise.

TOGETHER we are RANGERS

Tiger Shaw likes this