Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

On RTV tonight I saw someone was waving a UVF flag ( a union flag with UVF on it), maybe that was the problem!

The UVF were some of the breavest ever men to fight and die for this country. 100 years ago their battalion was decenated at the somme, id hope in another 100 years the people of this country would still be commemorating these brave brave men. Some gave all, all gave some.

The UVF were some of the breavest ever men to fight and die for this country. 100 years ago their battalion was decenated at the somme, id hope in another 100 years the people of this country would still be commemorating these brave brave men. Some gave all, all gave some.

There are 2 UVF's though, the one that was formed in 1914 that served for the British army and the more modern one

You've lost me. I thought you made a thinly veiled threat, I asked why, and you told me to "read the posts".

But OK, Merry Christmas.

Threat? Relax mate, you won't come across many fellow bears on here extending threats to each other. You must have misinterpreted something.

Judging by the various accounts by posters on this thread about what MAY have been the cause of the bother it appears nobody is in a position to be 100% certain of what actually happened.

As for the singing, I'm certain that some of the (parts of) songs tonight were considered inappropriate by the police under the anti-sectarian legislation now in place. If some fans were being arrested for that they can hardly complain. It is too late to change things now. Salmond was determined to introduce laws to win the catholic vote.

If people want to sing the old songs which are now banned then don't do it at Rangers games and don't wear Rangers scarves or tops.

I'm sick of idiots with "I'll sing what I like" mentality. Waken up and smell the coffee, you can't sing these words in public, it's illegal.

Like I said - watch the replay, 'cos you don't like it doesn't mean it didn't happen!

Ok so this flag was in the front row? Then I would presume it would only remain there for a couple of seconds due to it's nature! God that camera man must have been good!!

Judging by the various accounts by posters on this thread about what MAY have been the cause of the bother it appears nobody is in a position to be 100% certain of what actually happened.

As for the singing, I'm certain that some of the (parts of) songs tonight were considered inappropriate by the police under the anti-sectarian legislation now in place. If some fans were being arrested for that they can hardly complain. It is too late to change things now. Salmond was determined to introduce laws to win the catholic vote.

If people want to sing the old songs which are now banned then don't do it at Rangers games and don't wear Rangers scarves or tops.

I'm sick of idiots with "I'll sing what I like" mentality. Waken up and smell the coffee, you can't sing these words in public, it's illegal.

100% Agree. Well said mate.

The loudest song sang tonight was super rangers, and it was also the only song with a sectarian element to it, it pisses me off in this day and age people still try and be defiant when they know fine well it is very much frowned upon, plenty of songs in our repertoire we can sing instead of these stone age ones.

There is NO PLACE for the old songs at Ibrox any more. You want to sing what you like, do it in your own house.

Ok so this flag was in the front row? Then I would presume it would only remain there for a couple of seconds due to it's nature! God that camera man must have been good!!

Like I said it was the front row, the camera was scanning and it was only visible for a second or two on TV!

snapback.pngBlue Nosed Babe, on 18 December 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

I thought it was because of the sectarian singing. Like it or not that is ILLEGAL in SNP Scotland.

I bet the club get fined cause of it!

The guys need to stop the sectarian songs, they have been great all season until tonight!

"Fuck right off.

You are clueless."

Your response to Blue Nosed Babe, that's why.

The loudest song sang tonight was super rangers, and it was also the only song with a sectarian element to it, it pisses me off in this day and age people still try and be defiant when they know fine well it is very much frowned upon, plenty of songs in our repertoire we can sing instead of these stone age ones.

No it wasnt it wasnt it The blue blue sea of ibrox that was sung the loudest tonight for obvious reasons

My view from BF1:

Everything was going well, great night. 1-0 up. Annan missed a pen. 2-0. 3-0. Lost count.

Next thing, BF1 going mental, loving life because we scored. Next thing you know, the Union Bears walk out. Everybody looking over at the section before hand would see people stretching for view point. I walk up to a G4S steward I've never seen before and ask what's happening. He shrugs his shoulders. Seems like a Bear and as we carry on our discussion, polis are piling out the Kiosk, toilet, area like I mean piling out. Around 10+ of them, I have no idea where they came from.

The first 5/6/7 rows of BF1 walk out in the end. So I think "right thats ok. A walk out. Fair enough". So I, and a few others, go down to the front row to help carry on. The singing continues, bla bla bla bla bla. Anyway.

We leave thinking time was up. As we go up the steps the police presence, 10-15 mins later, is still as intense. We make our way down the stairs and into the kiosk area when instead of leaving straight out we are guided basically away from the bolted closed doors and down the whole stand when, as I'm walking casually, my mates says "LOOK" and I turned round to find one of the twins (megaphones) sitting on the ground in front of a kiosk with his hands behind his back handcuffed.

Some shit went down. Whatever it was, it was merely boys/men supporting their team. That's what the problem is here.

Some of the comments in this thread are nothing short of a fucking joke, the two groups this year have been fucking tremendous in backing the team home and away and creating a magnificent atmosphere.

Yet some people have the audacity to come on here and call them, bigots, neds, hooligans etc even though they do not know any of the story, it's well known that the police and stewards on occasions have been nit picky and heavy handed and not just with our club.

It will be intresting to read the UB statement and will also be intresting to see if the police make a statement as there are a lot of accusations being thrown about.

Keep up the good work boys.