See all these fans who are offended by songs, swearing, drunk fans etc

GOAT

Rangers fined and fans banned from next away match in Europe by Uefa•

Rangers punished for 'discriminatory chanting' at PSV

• Uefa imposes suspended supporter ban for next home game

Is that what you're looking for?

That's uefa. Not what I asked really is it

disgusted with some of our fans on here.

There is no justification for hitting 14, 15 year old girls and boys on the head with batons because they either sang a song or held up a flag.

Some people really have to have a good look at themselves and stop trying to justify beating up children in the name of the law.

Pathetic.

:lol:

Jesus wept... Liewell would be embarrassed by the amount of spin you've put on that fucking shite.

Behave yourself.

Singing sectarian songs does nothing but damage our club and its reputation. Sing it on your wee buses but keep it out of Ibrox.

I'm a Rangers Football Club fan, end of. Couldn't give two fucks about King Billy, Northern Ireland or the UDA.

as far as I see it if you personally can end up in shite for it and it's solely on your head go for it... if the buck stops with you then have a blast ... pushing boundaries is always fun..

however, if Its something the club will likely get fined for is it really worth it?

a lot of us here have bought shares and put our money into help rebuild our club and I'd be pissed to think my £500 was being used to pay a fine for a fan that decided he or she was above the standards that have been set for our club.

I know I want my Money to be used to build the future not sort out relics of days long gone

as far as I see it if you personally can end up in shite for it and it's solely on your head go for it... if the buck stops with you then have a blast ... pushing boundaries is always fun..

however, if Its something the club will likely get fined for is it really worth it?

a lot of us here have bought shares and put our money into help rebuild our club and I'd be pissed to think my £500 was being used to pay a fine for a fan that decided he or she was above the standards that have been set for our club.

I know I want my Money to be used to build the future not sort out relics of days long gone

And again. What rules do the football authorities have in place in Scotchland to do us with naughty songs? Unless they make new ones up of course

But I would like someone to show me this

Im like many many others. In my younger days I sang every song...in full.

Now....times have changed. The laws have changed. Society has changed.

Whether I agree with all these changes is irrelevant.

Anything that has negativity around it damages our club. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

(tu)

And again. What rules do the football authorities have in place in Scotchland to do us with naughty songs? Unless they make new ones up of course

But I would like someone to show me this

How about the SFA's widely defined Bringing the Game into disrepute for a start and that already exists.

That is before they make up shite!

What would some of the moaners have said about our support back in the 60s and 70s when we were mental and nothing scared them including the police.

Part of the reason for being so mental in the 70's was the amount of bevvy on the supporters buses..............Remember my M8 drinking 18 'big screwtaps' before a game in Perth.......... Dont think most of today's fans could have handled the 70's.

Inside a pub or on a bus,none of my business. At games, I attend only now with my 7 year old,I'll certainly ask anyone to behave.I don't like explaining to my son why the man/woman was calling people Fenians,Taigs and Papes.

I support Rangers for no other reason than I love the team my Dad took me to see and his father him.

If that makes me less of a Rangers fan,I'll sleep we'll tonight.

..and emm...

... when you went to see the team you love with your Dad, and when your father was taken by his father to see the team he loved, did you or they, when you were wee boys, ever hear the terms fenians, taigs and papes reverberating around the stadium?

the answer is, of course, yes - since it was ibrox you were at and not the piggery.

so perhaps you could articulate for us the deep scars that this has left on you, and the serious psychological damage this has caused you.

after all, as good parents, we all have a responsibility to prevent our children from hearing terms at ibrox that he hears every day in the school playground and on every street.

and when he grows up, for fucks sake, keep him well away from those dens of iniquity where profanity reigns supreme - every boardroom in the country.

..and emm...

... when you went to see the team you love with your Dad, and when your father was taken by his father to see the team he loved, did you or they, when you were wee boys, ever hear the terms fenians, taigs and papes reverberating around the stadium?

the answer is, of course, yes - since it was ibrox you were at and not the piggery.

so perhaps you could articulate for us the deep scars that this has left on you, and the serious psychological damage this has caused you.

after all, as good parents, we all have a responsibility to prevent our children from hearing terms at ibrox that he hears every day in the school playground and on every street.

and when he grows up, for fucks sake, keep him well away from those dens of iniquity where profanity reigns supreme - every boardroom in the country.

Of course I heard those terms.And I also heard n***er,black bastard,darkie,coon,sambo,nig nog paki,But thank fuck as a society we have grown up and these terms are frowned upon and illegal.

And no I don't think they do actually hear the terms and names you referr to in the playground and street.Never once has my boy come home and ask me what a Fenian is,or a h**.

You make assumptions on here that I never experienced or took part in any sectarian exploits.I can assure you,I earned my spurs in the eighties,when tbh I knew very few Rangers song but plenty of loyalist.

Travelled on the Westwood,Ally McCoist and Rutherglen True Blues buses.Terrified grannies all over Scotland singing about terrorists and ancient battles.So aye,been there,seen it done.Does not make it right.

But here's the thing,I grew up,had kids and realised that all that stuff was just bigoted bile.Absolutely nothing to do with Rangers.

The problem with the uber loyalist is they really know fuck all about Rangers and our history.

There's posters on here who know me from the old days and can confirm I ran with the uber loyalists back in the day.

And thank fuck,the extremists are now getting marginalised.

Of course I heard those terms.And I also heard n***er,black bastard,darkie,coon,sambo,nig nog paki,But thank fuck as a society we have grown up and these terms are frowned upon and illegal.

And no I don't think they do actually hear the terms and names you referr to in the playground and street.Never once has my boy come home and ask me what a Fenian is,or a h**.

You make assumptions on here that I never experienced or took part in any sectarian exploits.I can assure you,I earned my spurs in the eighties,when tbh I knew very few Rangers song but plenty of loyalist.

Travelled on the Westwood,Ally McCoist and Rutherglen True Blues buses.Terrified grannies all over Scotland singing about terrorists and ancient battles.So aye,been there,seen it done.Does not make it right.

But here's the thing,I grew up,had kids and realised that all that stuff was just bigoted bile.Absolutely nothing to do with Rangers.

The problem with the uber loyalist is they really know fuck all about Rangers and our history.

There's posters on here who know me from the old days and can confirm I ran with the uber loyalists back in the day.

And thank fuck,the extremists are now getting marginalised.

And long may they stay in the past. I cant get my head around why some of the young, and not so young, ones want to bring all that shite back up again. Today it is about supporting Rangers, Nothing more and Nothing Less.

..and emm...

Many boardrooms talking about Papes, Taigs etc etc? No

Dont talk mince.

So because people express opinions that may be contrary to yours they are "moaning cunts"?

I prefer to see Rangers spend money on players and NOT fines!

This is football. If you want to follow the PC culture and want to hear nice and fluffy things, go to your local theatre and watch the Christmas panto.

explain what football has to do with the UDA/UVF and religion in this day and age?

Don't offend yourself with some songs. Football is about these types of songs. People who go to football are mostly working class people. This thread has summed up why we as a club have taken a kicking for years. Thank christ Charles Green turned up and is defending the club.

Thank christ Charles Green turned up and is defending the club.

I await with interest his response to the first fine from UEFA as a result of the stupidity, recklessness and disregard for our club and its reputation shown by a small minority of "fans".

"That's football" is a pathetic excuse, as is being "working class". Sing what you like, just not where you like.

Don't offend yourself with some songs. Football is about these types of songs. People who go to football are mostly working class people. This thread has summed up why we as a club have taken a kicking for years. Thank christ Charles Green turned up and is defending the club.

i'm not offended by any songs, sung by us or others but football is not about singing, it's a game. And support is about your team, not things form the conflict in NI.

do you think it's right for celtic fans to sing about the IRA? if like me you don't, why is it ok for some Rangers fans to sing about terrorist groups on the other side of the religious divide?

we should distance ourselves from the bile across the city, not match it with songs about the UDA/UVF.

I await with interest his response to the first fine from UEFA as a result of the stupidity, recklessness and disregard for our club and its reputation shown by a small minority of "fans".

"That's football" is a pathetic excuse, as is being "working class". Sing what you like, just not where you like.

Anything which could be "potentially offensive" should just not be sung now? Don't you realise how daft that argument is. Lets not sing follow follow now because it mentions Dublin in "reference" to being behind enemy lines. Lets not offend people from Dublin.

Actually, lets have no singing at all just in case some people chant some "offensive" songs.

i'm not offended by any songs, sung by us or others but football is not about singing, it's a game. And support is about your team, not things form the conflict in NI.

do you think it's right for celtic fans to sing about the IRA? if like me you don't, why is it ok for some Rangers fans to sing about terrorist groups on the other side of the religious divide?

we should distance ourselves from the bile across the city, not match it with songs about the UDA/UVF.

My point is though take away the UDA/UVF chants (I would not chant them anyway) and you will ALWAYS find people from the other side and Scottish football in general will find something we sing as supporters offensive and will complain. It is the way it is. It doesn't have to be about the UDA/UVF to be offensive which many people will fail to realise.

When the Billy boys stopped, they actually moved on to Penny Arcade and I remember Douglas Alexander in the times saying Penny Arcade had a sectarian subtext. If people want to be offended they will find a way.

Anything which could be "potentially offensive" should just not be sung now?

Where did I say that?

I'm talking about songs that are deemed illegal that people continue to sing, regardless of the fact it will eventually bring further sanctions from UEFA and the SFA, not to mention the damage it does to our reputation worldwide.

Is singing these songs at a football match more important to you that the reputation of your club?