RAFREG

We are spending 7 million on wages as is. If we want a run at Europe, the league and both the cups a few more players, higher quality ones at that, are needed. We wont ever be spending upwards of 20 or 30 million wages ever again, which is just fine with me.

Then how can fans expect to win a league against a rival that does spend that in wages or will 2nd now be ok for us?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't pay a transfer fee for a player before then and can only sign free agents after 31st September.

That's not strictly true. We can sign anyone now. We just can't register them with the SFA until 1st Jan 2014. As the transfer window shuts for new registrations on players under contract ends 31/8/12, any player who we pay a fee for can't be registered until the next transfer window. Obviously it would be an expensive way of doing things as you'd be paying wages for someone you can't play. But if the club could afford it, and they would be a real player for us, it's something they may consider.

We can agree (Bosman) signings on players who will be out of contract at the end of the season and register them on 1/9/12, as they are free agents. I think what you're thining of is that the deadline for signing free agents ends 30/9/12?

Was also reading something at the weekend that hinted we could take players on at the end of August and play them as trialists for up to 3 games, then sign them after the deadline, but don't quote me on that!

(tu)

That's not strictly true. We can sign anyone now. We just can't register them with the SFA until 1st Jan 2014. As the transfer window shuts for new registrations on players under contract ends 31/8/12, any player who we pay a fee for can't be registered until the next transfer window. Obviously it would be an expensive way of doing things as you'd be paying wages for someone you can't play. But if the club could afford it, and they would be a real player for us, it's something they may consider.

We can agree (Bosman) signings on players who will be out of contract at the end of the season and register them on 1/9/12, as they are free agents. I think what you're thining of is that the deadline for signing free agents ends 30/9/12?

Was also reading something at the weekend that hinted we could take players on at the end of August and play them as trialists for up to 3 games, then sign them after the deadline, but don't quote me on that!

(tu)

2013 mate

You dont think the SPL is winnable with less than 20 million in wages?

Easily but only if Celtic were not in it. Less than £20m wage bill will be half of what they are paying, it's common sense to accept over a season we cannot compete with such a deficit. That is why Rangers and Celtic always finish above the rest, they pay more wages for the better players. That is why the Man Utd's, City's, the Barcelonas, Real Madrids, Bayern Munichs, Dortmund, PSG's etc will always win titles, they pay more for better players than everyone else.

These are my thoughts also regarding second place and at some point we will 'probably' need to speculate with our finances if we want success.

It won't even be about speculating or rather spending money we don't have. I agree we must live within our means, i am all for that but talks of wage caps or overall wage bill sets at levels so much lower than your rival is ridiculous. There has to be scope to sign players good enough to feed the hunger and desire of the club and its fans.

Charles just on SSN there.Saying 10 Million of funds raised, to be set aside for Ally to strengthen the squad,be it out of contracts in September or buying in Jan 2014. Also said by the time Jan 14 comes we should have a mountain of cash after another round of season ticket sales,to make us really strong should reconstruction come about.

This man has now been totally bitten by the Rangers bug.

Always the same they come in the door stranges and they leave Rangers :pipe:

Can't say I'd trust Ally totally with £10m, but it's nice to be in this position.

Considering he has had hardly any financial backing its a bit harsh to say that. He has had to wheel and deal for the most part. He spent the bulk of his transfer kitty last summer on Wallace and I think most will say that was a shrewd move.

No team in Scotland have any 'great' players...... especially 'them'.

It wouldn't take too much money to win whatever the top league is called once we are back in it.

We used to hear all the guff about 'them' being 5-10 years behind us.... this was nonsense.

Just hope that when the time comes to spend some decent money... it isn't spent on duff players.

Considering he has had hardly any financial backing its a bit harsh to say that. He has had to wheel and deal for the most part. He spent the bulk of his transfer kitty last summer on Wallace and I think most will say that was a shrewd move.

It doesn't take a great deal of knowledge to know Wallace was one of the best two left-backs in Scotland when we signed him.

It won't sit well with a lot of people, but we do need to try and unearth a Wanyama type of player.

£500k up front is not the bulk of what was spent. The overall fee of around £1.5m isn't even the bulk of what was spent. (tu)

It doesn't take a great deal of knowledge to know Wallace was one of the best two left-backs in Scotland when we signed him.

Correct. But considering he only had the cash for one player of that quality it was still a shrewd move by Ally, imo.