Rangers set to amass £30m for future signings

Mckay

_63180527_mccoist_sns.jpg

Rangers have pledged to hand manager Ally McCoist up to £30 million for new signings once the club's transfer embargo has been lifted.

The club, currently the Scottish Third Division leaders, are barred from buying players until January 2014 but the club has raised £22.5 million from the club's flotation on the stock exchange.

Rangers chief executive Charles Green said: "In the presentation we did when we were selling the shares, we said that, of the £22 million, £10 million is put to one side for Ally.

"Of course, we can't buy players at the moment, we can't do that until January 2014.

"But between now and then, we'll also have another season's worth of season ticket sales so the cash position will increase."

Green added: "We're not saying it's £10 million and only £10 million.

"If Rangers fans, as we expect, come out and buy their season tickets next year, there is perhaps another £20 million there and that is a fantastic position for the manager, the club and its fans to be in.

"When we are allowed to go into the market, this club will take the right players and take the right action.

"This is definitely the springboard for the rebirth of Rangers.

"Never in the club's history did it sit there with no debt, no borrowings, with cash in the bank.

"The enterprise value of Rangers is still very, very low and that's why, I believe, institutions have invested in it."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please to the love of god do not give that money to mccoist, green would be better off buying players himself. i have no confidence in ally's signings whatsoever so with 30 mill i worry. but by what he is saying, hopefully its to buy younger players which would be good!

please to the love of god do not give that money to mccoist, green would be better off buying players himself. i have no confidence in ally's signings whatsoever so with 30 mill i worry. but by what he is saying, hopefully its to buy younger players which would be good!

Seems a bit harsh. He's picked up mostly good signings this season I think, under tough circumstances.

Seems a bit harsh. He's picked up mostly good signings this season I think, under tough circumstances.

yeah reading back does sound abit harsh, but he has signed way more dross than good and i believe this season we are relying way more on what we already had / youth with the exception of templeton.

We've got such a strong team right now that, by the time we're back into the top flight, we'll easily be fending off teams, and probably give Septic a run for their money. Obviously there are some areas which need to be developed and strengthened, but I feel that the team will grow and learn to play to each others strengths.

We've got a good thing going for us, and I think that, of course it was dreadful the treatment of Rangers while being liquidated, that Rangers being liquidated, was one of the best things to happen to us, financially. Obviously there will be some people who disagree, but Rangers are still Rangers, no matter what happens.

Then, Now, Forever.