Rangers set to amass £30m for future signings

Mckay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Piss off ... A £30m war chest, for Div 2 or 1 !!!

We do not need to spend anywhere near that amount of money, nor should we even consider it.

We MUST live within our means again, Europe must be seen, by everyone including the fans, as a bonus to our domestic season.

We can always aspire to reach it but just don't expect to and certainly, don't set our transfer policy by it.

We can, and should be looking for the best youth available, offset by some experienced individuals, to ensure we are strong domestically.

Our youth policy should be a cash generator, bringing them through then selling them on for a good fee, all the while bringing more talent through to replace them.

We can use this as a way for exciting youth prospects from abroad to play for us and to use us as a stepping stone to the bigger league.

We can never allow our expectations to get in the way of our financial security ever again.

We as a support MUST adjust our sights and accept this and ensure the management know this also or we are doomed to let history repeat itself.

Charles is saying that we will potentially have £30million in the bank available for transfer fees. He's not saying we'll spend it next year or in the next 2/3 years. Having money in the bank is vital for sustained, rapid growth. He is doing what he normally does and showing off 'how big our cock is' so to speak. I don't agree with it on this issue, as it will affect our position in negotiations for players, but this is part of his character.

We do not need to spend anywhere near that amount of money, nor should we even consider it.

We MUST live within our means again, Europe must be seen, by everyone including the fans, as a bonus to our domestic season.

We can always aspire to reach it but just don't expect to and certainly, don't set our transfer policy by it.

We can, and should be looking for the best youth available, offset by some experienced individuals, to ensure we are strong domestically.

Our youth policy should be a cash generator, bringing them through then selling them on for a good fee, all the while bringing more talent through to replace them.

We can use this as a way for exciting youth prospects from abroad to play for us and to use us as a stepping stone to the bigger league.

We can never allow our expectations to get in the way of our financial security ever again.

We as a support MUST adjust our sights and accept this and ensure the management know this also or we are doomed to let history repeat itself.

I think it's a load of bull designed to create a feelgood factor around Green, just the usual PR spin. I wonder if Traynor is behind it.

It would be after 2014 so we could even be in a new top flight by then, not the SPL, so spending large sums wouldn't be daft. But £30 million? Gie's peace.

I agree it is better to be sceptical, the OTT transfer war chest stories should be consigned to the dustbin. To be fair I thought Green realised this when he said we would only spend a certain amount. Again, looks like the mark of Traynor, who pushed all those stupid headlines about Whyte.

We should be looking to pick up young players on the cheap like that Fraser and Paterson, no need to spend over £3 million on a player in Scottish football, suppose if we could fork out 1-2mil on a player I'd love to see us sign Mackay-Steven

As much as I would like him as well, I just can't see Dundee Utd selling us anyone for their value. we would need to pay well over the odds if we want a player off them.

Let's stop this £30m talk, I wouldn't say he actually said that. He said he has set aside £10m for Ally and that we would make around £20m from season tickets next year, not that all of that money would be added on to the £10m.

This is going to be another Craig Whyte war chest thing again when people complain that we haven't spent £30m when "Charles Green said we would".

30 million might sound a lot, but bear in mind each of these players will be on 100K a week :000000082:

30 million might sound a lot, but bear in mind each of these players will be on 100K a week :000000082:

5 shareholders have just sold their lot and another three had heart attacks.

Depending on/if restructuring is happening I can`t see us spending much. If we skip a league and placed in second tier then we should be looking to investing in the best young tallent out there.

Only when we`re back into the top tier should we even talking about spending millions.

Spot on mate!

We've got the perfect opportunity to develop younger guys and either keep them, or make a profit on them. I think we should spend as little of the £30m on players as possible and invest in our own development. I've no idea how much that would cost, but if there is any change left over, save it up for when we need it.

Just reporting what I read in the Financial Times - and they should know what they're talking about :000000082:

We should put Kate Burgess in charge of the war chest. " You mean some players only earn £7,000 a week, how can they send their kids to Fettes and how does one afford a butler"

I think it's a load of bull designed to create a feelgood factor around Green, just the usual PR spin. I wonder if Traynor is behind it.

It would be after 2014 so we could even be in a new top flight by then, not the SPL, so spending large sums wouldn't be daft. But £30 million? Gie's peace.

I agree it is better to be sceptical, the OTT transfer war chest stories should be consigned to the dustbin. To be fair I thought Green realised this when he said we would only spend a certain amount. Again, looks like the mark of Traynor, who pushed all those stupid headlines about Whyte.

I agree, didnt we fall for this pish with Whyte? How does this tie in with Charles stated aim that wages should be no more than 33% of turnover? Good to see that he is planning ahead but no way will we spend £30m on players as our wage bill wouldnt support that.

This (tu) i think Charles might of got ahead of himself a wee bit here, we dont want a return to Murrays boom and bust transfer dealings.

But thats CG, makes some daft statements but keeps us on the front pages and then ,bam, the clubs worth £50million. No one ever thought that was possible a few months ago. I think he knows what he's saying.