Rangers set to amass £30m for future signings

Mckay

But thats CG, makes some daft statements but keeps us on the front pages and then ,bam, the clubs worth £50million. No one ever thought that was possible a few months ago. I think he knows what he's saying.

Probably right but you know what the mhedia and even some of our fans are like, if he doesnt spunk 30million in the first transfer window after the embargo some will accuse him of misleading fans.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably right but you know what the mhedia and even some of our fans are like, if he doesnt spunk 30million in the first transfer window after the embargo some will accuse him of misleading fans.

That's our issue as fans not a CG issue. We have to learn to be stronger than that.

What's the alternative? Tell Charles to be quiet? No thanks. He may be a bit rough and says it how he sees it but I find that refreshing from our CEO.

That's our issue as fans not a CG issue. We have to learn to be stronger than that.

What's the alternative? Tell Charles to be quiet? No thanks. He may be a bit rough and says it how he sees it but I find that refreshing from our CEO.

Dont get me wrong i enjoy Charles's straight talking style, i just get a bit wary at talk of big money for signings, whether its true or not thats what turns a million pound player into a 3 million pound player in the selling clubs eyes, as somebody else pointed out earlier.

Dont get me wrong i enjoy Charles's straight talking style, i just get a bit wary at talk of big money for signings, whether its true or not thats what turns a million pound player into a 3 million pound player in the selling clubs eyes, as somebody else pointed out earlier.

Wasn't directed at you mate. Just quoted you for reference. I agree, talking about how much money you have to spend is a good way to ruin your negotiating position. However this is CG's style and I wouldn't change him.

Some comparing him to shytey over this isn't fair though.

Fact is its a fair bit of time before we can spend any of it. Even then this needs to be done wisely ie minimum necessary to get / keep the best players necessary to do the business on the pitch of winning leagues on the way back to the top and in a style that works for Bears packing Ibrox every other week and that keeps the revenues up.

I'd like to see a very large war created chest for future signings (and player retention). And by that I'd be aiming for well over £30m at the time where we are mounting a serious challenge for CL status and need the dosh for players for that extra push. It signals serious intent to realise the ambition stated which is to get CL football at Ibrox (and I'll add here as soon as possible). It signals to prospective players and players who might be tempted to want to transfer elsewhere that Rangers has the highest ambition and is worth joining / staying. It signals to Bears that this rebuilding journey has a clear goal and that the entire being of the club is being geared to achieving it. It screams to the rest of Scottish football that Rangers is determined to achieve that ambition and in doing so to put those active harm clubs in their place at our footstool and that we will accumulate the necessary resources to do that. And we will enjoy doing it. It potentially lessens dependency on TV money (strong balance sheet goes some way to a stronger negotiating position on TV rights perhaps) and coupled with whatever ideas Charles and Jim T come out with on maximising the Rangers global brand then that should also contribute to the wealth of the club.

I suspect it is also possible that a lasting recession in Europe may see a gradual re-setting of transfer fees and wages outside the super-rich clubs and so at a time when we are able to buy or need to buy to realise CL ambitions transfer fees may be moderated and wages moderated. And if this is run properly we may be one of the biggest clubs with a financially healthy balance sheet so may be able to afford really good players.

With other clubs' financial difficulties getting worse and worse then their plight and weakening will hardly be a matter for us to concern ourselves about. We just need to keep adding to the war chest over this journey and spend it wisely. Over to you Charles and Jim T and the commercial team. Oh, and any good news on the new shirt deal?

Wasn't directed at you mate. Just quoted you for reference. I agree, talking about how much money you have to spend is a good way to ruin your negotiating position. However this is CG's style and I wouldn't change him.

Some comparing him to shytey over this isn't fair though.

Its not fair at all, Charles has managed to raise this money through hard work and getting the fans onboard, Shyte just let the mhedia claim he was a billionaire and banded talk of warchests about with no proof or plans. Like night and day the difference between them.

I am dreading the day we start bringing in foreigners because we have the money

no player unlike its a michael mols type can improve our team.

We have the chance no other teams have to play our youngsters and keep them in all

the divisions and forward into european football they deserve to play.

We looking at the games have amazing talent and if fegurson wasnt aged 70 odd at man utd

if he was a young manager starting out (ally) what more could you ask for ?

We have to keep ally as the manager keep all our young players keep any money

for a rainy day in the future to add to the talent we have.

A lot of money! Even when you include wages. We will be able to afford players that are well capable of winning successive divisions. I just hope that Ally continues to bring our young homegrown talent through. Going back to the days of spending on big players who may or may not produce results is past. The wiser we spend the faster the journey. I'd like to see a few cup trophies bagged on the way too. :thumbup:

I am dreading the day we start bringing in foreigners because we have the money

no player unlike its a michael mols type can improve our team.

We have the chance no other teams have to play our youngsters and keep them in all

the divisions and forward into european football they deserve to play.

We looking at the games have amazing talent and if fegurson wasnt aged 70 odd at man utd

if he was a young manager starting out (ally) what more could you ask for ?

We have to keep ally as the manager keep all our young players keep any money

for a rainy day in the future to add to the talent we have.

I would take Jelavic Back!

If i read the article right Ally was going to get 10m from the shares sold and something more from the future sales of season tickets. The other 20m mentioned was income from season tickets and Ally would get some of that. So there is 10m + but not 30m.

In any event CG has also said that the investors were promised that wages would not exceed something like 1/3rd of the annual budget so that would limit spending too.

CG is first and foremost a business man and he will also want to bring on the young talent to make them much more valuable.

In conclusion, my reading of all this is yes we will strengthen the squad, but we will not be silly about it and anyone that believes Ally is going to get/spend 30m is in for a huge disappointment.

Let's stop this £30m talk, I wouldn't say he actually said that. He said he has set aside £10m for Ally and that we would make around £20m from season tickets next year, not that all of that money would be added on to the £10m.

This is going to be another Craig Whyte war chest thing again when people complain that we haven't spent £30m when "Charles Green said we would".

This. (tu)