Union Bears statement

dezrfc1

The Union Bears would today like to reiterate our extreme disappointment at Police behavior at last Tuesday nights match against Annan. In the end, four members of the group were arrested and banned from watching Rangers. Police were trying to arrest a member of the group. Other supporters defended him from the Police. The group plus a lot of supporters within BF1 decided to walk out peacefully to defuse the situation but police officers evoked more trouble in the concourse. Supporters were then struck by police batons and chased by mounted police whilst three fire exits were being blocked by police and stewards.

One member was arrested for banging a drum next to a police horse and another for trying to defend him. Numerous complaints have been sent to the police and the club by the group, and we would like to encourage anyone else who witnessed any police brutality against supporters to also make a complaint.

At our next home match on Wednesday against Clyde, the Union Bears and Section BF1 will hold a silent protest for part of the match against the over policing we experience week in, week out. Rangers supporters are being intimidated, filmed and stopped when travelling to matches for simply supporting our team. We call for RFC to stand up for its supporters, whose loyalty to the club is beyond question and has seen it survive and prosper through one of the toughest years in our 140 year history.

We also call on the entire Rangers support to unite together in support of one another moving forward. Together we are stronger.

Union Bears

No Surrender

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Union Bears would today like to reiterate our extreme disappointment at Police behavior at last Tuesday nights match against Annan. In the end, four members of the group were arrested and banned from watching Rangers. Police were trying to arrest a member of the group. Other supporters defended him from the Police. The group plus a lot of supporters within BF1 decided to walk out peacefully to defuse the situation but police officers evoked more trouble in the concourse. Supporters were then struck by police batons and chased by mounted police whilst three fire exits were being blocked by police and stewards.

One member was arrested for banging a drum next to a police horse and another for trying to defend him. Numerous complaints have been sent to the police and the club by the group, and we would like to encourage anyone else who witnessed any police brutality against supporters to also make a complaint.

At our next home match on Wednesday against Clyde, the Union Bears and Section BF1 will hold a silent protest for part of the match against the over policing we experience week in, week out. Rangers supporters are being intimidated, filmed and stopped when travelling to matches for simply supporting our team. We call for RFC to stand up for its supporters, whose loyalty to the club is beyond question and has seen it survive and prosper through one of the toughest years in our 140 year history.

We also call on the entire Rangers support to unite together in support of one another moving forward. Together we are stronger.

Union Bears

No Surrender

With you all the way , No surrender

Police were trying to arrest a member of the group. Other supporters defended him from the Police.

.... so UB now want us to support MOB rule where the police are not allowed to do their job and moan like fk when the police get heavy handed BECAUSE they decided one of their members would NOT be arrested.

UB should stick to singing - thats fun and adds atmosphere. Preventing the police doing their job - indefensible!

.... so UB now want us to support MOB rule where the police are not allowed to do their job and moan like fk when the police get heavy handed BECAUSE they decided one of their members would NOT be arrested.

UB should stick to singing - thats fun and adds atmosphere. Preventing the police doing their job - indefensible!

What exactly is the job of the police.

This issue needs sorted and it may need to take a statement from the club because the fans feel like they are fighting the police on their own, which is a battle we are never going to win when the police can arrest and ban you for 'banging a drum next to a police horse'.

If you felt a relation or a friend was being wrongfully arrested wouldn't you try and plead his case?

I think this is the case here rather than 'You're not arresting any of us'

This issue needs sorted and it may need to take a statement from the club because the fans feel like they are fighting the police on their own, which is a battle we are never going to win when the police can arrest and ban you for 'banging a drum next to a police horse'.

IMHO The club cant make a statement defending the UB when, evenin their own words, they tried to prevent the police making an arrest! That would be folly on the clubs part and an own goal of epic proportions!

I'm pretty sure it is a crime to do something to deliberately spook a horse with a rider on it, such as banging a drum, revving a car, etc, etc.

I've grown up around horses, it isn't a clever thing to do and could of caused serious injury, or in the extreme; death, to the officer riding, and others around it had the horse spooked.

Can't be serious.

I'm pretty sure it is a crime to do something to deliberately spook a horse with a rider on it, such as banging a drum, revving a car, etc, etc.

I've grown up around horses, my family keep them, it isn't a clever thing to do and could of caused serious injury, or in the extreme; death, to the officer riding, and others around it had the horse spooked.

Surely that depends on whether or not you're banging your drum in an acceptable drum-banging location, and whether the police had a justifiable reason for taking his horse over there? Didn't they have foot policemen better suited for operating in the stand? I dunno, just putting that out there.

And max respect to horses too of course :D

So trying to prevent someone from being lifted for nothing is a crime? When did banging a drum become an arrestable offence?

If you felt a relation or a friend was being wrongfully arrested wouldn't you try and plead his case?

I think this is the case here rather than 'You're not arresting any of us'

I think a crowd situation is different from a one to one chat - and also who am I to decide he is being 'wrongfully' arrested ?

I think a crowd situation is different from a one to one chat - and also who am I to decide he is being 'wrongfully' arrested ?

Cmon to fuck. Banging a drum? deserves being lifted and banned for? have a look at what your saying before you say it. Absolute shite.

Union Bears

No Surrender

I dont know what went on last week but I do agree that the over policing is becoming an issue and they are looking for any excuse to hammer our fans. The union bears have been a fantastic vocal part of our support throughout our troubles and I am 100% behind you guys. If there is anything I can do to help I will.

I'm pretty sure it is an offence to do something to deliberately spook a horse with a rider on it, such as banging a drum, revving a car, etc, etc.

I've grown up around horses, my family keep them, it isn't a smart thing to do and could of caused serious injury, or in the extreme; death, to the officer riding, and others around it had the horse spooked.

Sorry lads, I think you are being hard done to by the police, but provided you are aware the horse is present, banging a drum near a horse with a rider upon wasn't clever.

There would have been no need for the horses if the police didn't come in heavy handed. The police provoked it. Everyone there that night saw that, its just a shame a majority of fans who weren't there don't believe it.