Union Bears statement

dezrfc1

the police act both on complaints from the public and on what they see . they can't just ignore illegal behaviour even though its petty ( although I read this wasn't petty)

as for calling police at Ibrox - i am on that hot bed of anarchy the govan front. in 26 years of going I have had wrong words once - some young lads got season tickets behind me and first game against hibs they started racially abusing the hibs black keeper - told them not to do that they complied no issues. seen a few idiots getting huckled at hampden and they deserved it - so minimal involvement with cops but that's the way it should be!

Source? The only charge not related to resisting arrest so far is one fan gesturing at an 'unknown male' and making after him (whoever he was). Hardly seems to be the crime of the century, they'd be arresting players left right and centre if this was deemed serious (they;d even know the name of the 'male' being gestured at).

I'll happily support the police when they improve their arrest rates on serious crime and stop this ridiculously petty politically motivated nonsense. I think that may be the crux of the matter rather than anything more noble on the part of those involved. I'd be willing to bet that most rank and file officers are as fed up as the fans at this waste of resource. There was a noticeably increased police presence around the Broomloan that night, doesn't seem to be a coincidence given the outcome.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source? The only charge not related to resisting arrest so far is one fan gesturing at an 'unknown male' and making after him (whoever he was). Hardly seems to be the crime of the century, they'd be arresting players left right and centre if this was deemed serious (they;d even know the name of the 'male' being gestured at).

I'll happily support the police when they improve their arrest rates on serious crime and stop this ridiculously petty politically motivated nonsense. I think that may be the crux of the matter rather than anything more noble on the part of those involved. I'd be willing to bet that most rank and file officers are as fed up as the fans at this waste of resource. There was a noticeably increased police presence around the Broomloan that night, doesn't seem to be a coincidence given the outcome.

bad day when someone chasing someone else is not worth police involvement!

imagine the rage if they failed to prevent something serious cause they ignored it!

so many people just wanting to have a dig at the police they are willing to ignore or excuse the initial issue(s)

imagine the rage if they failed to prevent something serious cause they ignored it!

so many people just wanting to have a dig at the police they are willing to ignore or excuse the initial issue(s)

What if the "unknown male" was craig whyte? Would this change your opinion at all?

Source?

the post on page 11 reports of a man charged with assaulting a police officer, now the coppers simply cannot come up with a charge of this if nothing happened, too many witnesses would blow a hole in that, so clearly something went down that resulted in a copper having at least a punch thrown at him

the police act both on complaints from the public and on what they see . they can't just ignore illegal behaviour even though its petty ( although I read this wasn't petty)

as for calling police at Ibrox - i am on that hot bed of anarchy the govan front. in 26 years of going I have had wrong words once - some young lads got season tickets behind me and first game against hibs they started racially abusing the hibs black keeper - told them not to do that they complied no issues. seen a few idiots getting huckled at hampden and they deserved it - so minimal involvement with cops but that's the way it should be!

Thought you'd be a govan fronter...Worse than the Copland you's lot! :matron:

the post on page 11 reports of a man charged with assaulting a police officer, now the coppers simply cannot come up with a charge of this if nothing happened, too many witnesses would blow a hole in that, so clearly something went down that resulted in a copper having at least a punch thrown at him

"Police assualt" does not need to be punch thrown. It can be something as simple as accidently knocking his hat off while hes trying to ram your arm up your back.

When there is a charge of "Resisting Arrest", there is always a charge of "Police Assault"

What if the "unknown male" was craig whyte? Would this change your opinion at all?

I would question why fans had allowed him to get so far before acting - I of course would expect the fans to act with decorum while making a civil arrest on suspicion :pipe: of fraud - oh and for Shyte a new law of being a c**t shoul be brought in

I would question why fans had allowed him to get so far before acting - I of course would expect the fans to act with decorum while making a civil arrest on suspicion :pipe: of fraud - oh and for Shyte a new law of being a c**t shoul be brought in

If that was the case you'd probably be getting a knock on your door soon. :D Remember now, don't resist they are only doing their jobs. :pipe:

Not every UB is sound. Some are thugs and are looking to cause trouble nobody can deny this. Some would rather take drugs and drink and make guestures to the police than watch the park.

Most of the group is brilliant and they create an unbelievable atmosphere but it's the few idiots that make the scenes.

Load of pish.

No need to sound so niaive for the sake of an arguement. Either that, or you don't get out much.

Why are our fans being allowed to be treated like this in our own park ? What happens in away parks is out of our control but ffs in our own stadium..

CG get yer PR men to do something about this rather than writing your scripts on other issues.

who are these parks you speak of?? Are they from Hamilton?? :000000082:

He was so close to him that they haven't identified the male that was being chased. You really aren't getting the point are you? A quick word to calm down would be sufficient rather than a ridiculous arrest that has lead to an escalation. The police are supposed to calm situations not escalate them. You aren't reading all my posts either are you? Still its what I expect when your arguments are so paper thin. I do support the police but not blindly and without questioning them when they get it horribly wrong.

What 'went down' was a ridiculous arrest which lead to an escalation of a situation police should be trying to calm. As has been stated 'assault' can take many forms even putting a hand on an officer can lead to such a charge. You really need to read right through the whole post before making your point. The 'assault' was as a result of a 'Constable Savage' style arrest that some would see as an unnecessary inflaming of a situation. As I said previously I would question the motivation of the increased police presence on the night and the training of the officers involved, up to and including the Match Commander. Graduate entry has a lot to answer for in many fields, including the police.

There would have been no need for the horses if the police didn't come in heavy handed. The police provoked it. Everyone there that night saw that, its just a shame a majority of fans who weren't there don't believe it.

That's how it looked to me from BR3. I had a view of the front of BF1 and seen a copper pointing as if remonstrating then walk back to about 5 others before they all charged with what looked like the batons out. It then looked like the supporters were running away but I was having to distract my daughter's attention from it.

Unless somebody is getting stabbed or something equally serious is happening the police should never risk escalating the situation with a huge crowd and kids about.

He was so close to him that they haven't identified the male that was being chased. You really aren't getting the point are you? A quick word to calm down would be sufficient rather than a ridiculous arrest that has lead to an escalation. The police are supposed to calm situations not escalate them. You aren't reading all my posts either are you? Still its what I expect when your arguments are so paper thin. I do support the police but not blindly and without questioning them when they get it horribly wrong.

how stunningly arrogant that you think everyone should not only read all your posts but absorb them - now I have read every post in this thread and nothing has changed my mind that someone ( not the police) caused this and it escalated when people decided they , not the police, should decide if he gets arrested or not. that is mob rule and that is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Depends who the prosecutions key witness is. If you saw some posters in here giving evidence against you, you probably wouldn't be so confident.

but then it would be rangers fans not the police stiching me up - and most on here seem to find that acceptable :pipe: but I could hack that - as long as I did not have to share the cell with Craig Shyte

That's how it looked to me from BR3. I had a view of the front of BF1 and seen a copper pointing as if remonstrating then walk back to about 5 others before they all charged with what looked like the batons out. It then looked like the supporters were running away but I was having to distract my daughter's attention from it.

Unless somebody is getting stabbed or something equally serious is happening the police should never risk escalating the situation with a huge crowd and kids about.

so unless the crime is serious police should allow minor crimes to happen to avoid 'escalation' what nonsense - that attitude says more about the crowd than the police !

how stunningly arrogant that you think everyone should not only read all your posts but absorb them - now I have read every post in this thread and nothing has changed my mind that someone ( not the police) caused this and it escalated when people decided they , not the police, should decide if he gets arrested or not. that is mob rule and that is not acceptable under any circumstances.

You are the 'stunningly arrogant' one to suggest I just want to 'have a go' at the police. I was suggesting that if you were reading my posts you may see that I wasn't just having a go. An arrest when it is not necessary is likely to inflame a situation and you should be aware that the job of the police is to defuse situations not inflame them. I've seen the attitude of police and stewards at BF1 from the West Enclosure and on the way in during this season and am aware of how it is possible to police in a more effective manner. I know and have known countless officers as friends and relations and, in the main, support them, I don't do this blindly though as the force reflects the community having both good and bad officers. Still no response to the increased police presence BEFORE anybody had done anything at all that night!