Union Bears statement

dezrfc1

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't matter what he was being arrested for - the mob have no say in that - the police arrest based on suspicion of wrong doing - the courts decide innocence or guilt!

You seem to have great faith in our justice system - you have obviously never been falsely accused of something!

I'm not going to bother reading all that, but what I will tell you is, that I was arrested for nothing by 4 police officers, I was charged with a BOP, resisting arrest and 4 police assaults. It went to court, and was thankfully all caught on camera. The judge ruled I had been unlawfully arrested, so was allowed to use reasonable force to stop that that arrest. All charges were dropped, and my lawyer advised me to sue the police, which I did, and 4 policemen lost their job. That was in 2001 so unless the law has changed since then, then you are allowed to use reasonable force to stop yourself from being arrested. Another policeman has lost his job in just the last month for a complaint that I made, which was also thankfully recorded. The cunts think they are above the law, no all of them, but a majority of them think they are. I put it down to being bullied in school.

That wasn't what I asked anyway, I asked, who do you work for? What department?

That is what I said earlier! You have to go to court and argue your case, not rescue people in the crowd at the match because at that point, the police think that they are just doing their job and folks get lifted for trying to rescue people being arrested.

As for the rest, I am exercising my right to privacy.

Just had a quick scan over the the law piece you posted, that only stands if the police had grounds for arrest. If what the UB said is true, and they were arresting them for nothing, then none of they laws can be used.

That is only one side of the story. I am sure the police say that they did and then it would be up to the courts to decide.

It is 100% lawful to try and prevent an arrest, or resist an arrest, if you believe that said arrest is indeed unlawful. I know you won't like this, but that is the law in Scotland. Cops take the pish everyday, and everyone knows it. Most of the time its with scumbags, and so none of us bother. For some reason, it is still the senior officers view that football fans are scum, thus the treatment. That is a fact that cannot be denied. One thing I would say though, as you have probably observed, the UB were not running riot and out of order that day, so why immediately say that their arrests were legit? Seems odd to me. I watched the video showing the first half on the UB - I didn't see anything that warranted a charge in - everyone knows that will only put the whole groups back up - and that applies if you are at a game of football or in a pub. The Match Commander is undoubtedly the man who gave the order. Who was that? That should be your focus.

read your first sentence - sounded utter bollocks so my apologies for not bothering with the rest

You seem to have great faith in our justice system - you have obviously never been falsely accused of something!

I do have faith in the ststem - I know it is not perfect but what we have is better than the mob deciding who can be arrested and for what !

I'm not going to bother reading all that, but what I will tell you is, that I was arrested for nothing by 4 police officers, I was charged with a BOP, resisting arrest and 4 police assaults. It went to court, and was thankfully all caught on camera. The judge ruled I had been unlawfully arrested, so was allowed to use reasonable force to stop that that arrest. All charges were dropped, and my lawyer advised me to sue the police, which I did, and 4 policemen lost their job. That was in 2001 so unless the law has changed since then, then you are allowed to use reasonable force to stop yourself from being arrested. Another policeman has lost his job in just the last month for a complaint that I made, which was also thankfully recorded. The cunts think they are above the law, no all of them, but a majority of them think they are. I put it down to being bullied in school.

That wasn't what I asked anyway, I asked, who do you work for? What department?

Furthermore, the situation you describe is not a statutory defence nor a decision in High Court appeal, which would make it a precedent and therfore binding on the lower courts. You described a verdict of Not Guilty in a case you were involved in which is not binding and does not change the law in any way.

It is an inferred defence if you like. The police say you were obsctructing while they were trying to arrest you and the evidence pointed to the contrary, which showed that the case against you was not proved rather than an actual defence.

Everything comes under BOTP now, even if your face does not fit :(

And to make matters WORSE they put it in a statute cause a decision in the High Court was hindering the prosecution of cases, now it is called behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause distress to a reasonable person!

It is not even a good old fashioned Breach of the Peace any more, they are dying out and rarely prosecuted. Now they are all Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland act) 2010...another gem from....wait for it....the SNP!

I back the UB 100% but trying to interfere when a police is making an arrest is daft and a certain way to get yourself lifted. Trying to get bans overturned would be pointless as it would never happen.

Hopefully the club will see that there is issues to be looked at here, hopefully there is some kind of meeting between the club, UBs and the police and this gets sorted out.

But the "Ultra" mentality of saying fuck the police etc will get us nowhere. If someone is getting arrested then the polis has made his decision and, like a player arguing with the referee, interfering will get you nowhere other than the cell beside your mate.

100% agree

we agree - the fans should not stop the police doing there job - perceived injustice or not! let the cops arrest the alleged perpetrator and let the courts decide guilt. Mob rule where innocent or guilt is decided by a mob is not on!

Don't be churlish. You can make a fool of yourself without saying I agree with you in a public forum, and then twist that to your ends. I don't think I have ever disagreed with someone over every single post they type, as much as I disagree with you.

You have no redeeming qualities from what I can gather.

You would be in the gallery sticking up for those proven corrupt by admission, yes - the police. You do know they are not perfect?

To much like common sense for Blue Peter...he's not a fan of the union bears or Rangers fans in general but a massive fan of the police.

He's got to be at the wind up surly? Just seen he's from the east of the country.... no wonder he's a walloper.

the majority of posts i make about Ub are supportive of the efforts they make re signing but they are not a law unto thselves