Union Bears statement

dezrfc1

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you will agree that they have the right to make arrests? and that Ub have no rights to prevent that arrest? mistakes get sorted out in court!

Only when they have just cause, and follow due process.

Wading in with batons is not something I'm happy to spend my taxes on.

And for the record, I personally have never had a single unsavoury incident with the police in my lifetime, but that doesn't mean they don't happen.

I have found myself wrongfully convicted of a crime I didn't commit though!

Until there is a bit more detail regarding this story and the original arrest, the arguments in favour of the principal of resisting unlawful arrest, etc, are all pretty much theoretical.

If the UB choose to take a stand against the police in such a way, I don't think it will end well for them, and from a PR perspective, it will be impossible for the club to support them.

This needs to be taken away from these sort of stark positions, and move towards some sort of renewed discussions between UB, the Club and the Police around what is agreed by all parties to be supporting the club to the maximum and within the law.

At least in a meeting room people can disagree without it becoming potentially dangerous, because, let's face it, even if morality is 100% on the side of UB, it is unlikely that thought out reasoned debates were being used in the heat of the moment last week, by either side.

Well it is illegal to beep a car horn, or rev a car engine whilst near, and aware of a horse and rider. I don't know the law for pedestrians, but I don't see any reason why this would be different.

Harsh, perhaps, but you must know the police will be looking for the slightest excuse.

As said, if you are aware the horse is there near you, regardless of the justification of the reason for it being there, it's not a clever thing to do making sudden loud noises. A spooked horse can be lethal to the rider and other people around.

Surely the police must hold a portion of the blame for bringing a fucking horse into a ground with thousands of people in it ( and then bring it near the section where a drum is banging constantly)

Also we can not be sure that the drummer knew the horse was there.

If I was ever accused of something I would pray YOU were not on jury service that day! Come down from your ivory tower and get in the real world

what a pointless post, BP doesnt say wether the fan is guilty or not, all he says is that if the coppers go to huckle someone then the rest of the mob shouldnt get involed, and he's right

when the 2 bears were arrested, and subsequently found not guilty as far as i know, for singing sectarian songs at dunfermline this time last year, did the away fans start a battle that day, no, they were quite smart to realise that no one can win against the coppers in a situation like that

Why the UB felt they were above the law it seems and that they could decide if someone was innocent or guilty is beyond me

The coppers may be cunts at games, but they are also lazy cunts, arresting someone means paperwork and follow up, most times its a harsh word in the ear and possibly booted out the ground, if you feel hard done by you complain

but you and your mates certainly dont fight fire with fire, as shown on tuesday night the police win, always

also are we missing something here

didnt the police head into the UB while in the stands? if so then they were extremely slow in arresting the drummer, as there was clearly no horse sitting in the stands with the UB,

Or else the guy huckled from the stands was for something else, and the UB are keeping that quiet

what a pointless post, BP doesnt say wether the fan is guilty or not, all he says is that if the coppers go to huckle someone then the rest of the mob shouldnt get involed, and he's right

when the 2 bears were arrested, and subsequently found not guilty as far as i know, for singing sectarian songs at dunfermline this time last year, did the away fans start a battle that day, no, they were quite smart to realise that no one can win against the coppers in a situation like that

Why the UB felt they were above the law it seems and that they could decide if someone was innocent or guilty is beyond me

The coppers may be cunts at games, but they are also lazy cunts, arresting someone means paperwork and follow up, most times its a harsh word in the ear and possibly booted out the ground, if you feel hard done by you complain

but you and your mates certainly dont fight fire with fire, as shown on tuesday night the police win, always

Tbf have you read all the posts? It may seem pointless to you, but I don't buy that uniform always makes you right, even the way they speak to people is not right. You ever tryed to complain? I have ended up arguing with the sergent on the phone still ongoing.

Tbf have you read all the posts? It may seem pointless to you, but I don't buy that uniform always makes you right, even the way they speak to people is not right. You ever tryed to complain? I have ended up arguing with the sergent on the phone still ongoing.

if you wish to take it further when you have been huckled by the coppers then so be it, but a set of fans going in gung ho to the coppers isnt going to end well no matter what has happened

i never said uniform is always right, but uniform always wins, its tough shit but we all know this and have lived this for years

also i still think the UB are hiding something,

Only when they have just cause, and follow due process.

Wading in with batons is not something I'm happy to spend my taxes on.

And for the record, I personally have never had a single unsavoury incident with the police in my lifetime, but that doesn't mean they don't happen.

I have found myself wrongfully convicted of a crime I didn't commit though!

wow getting wrongfully convicted takes se doing! were you cleared or just keep protesting your innocence!

also are we missing something here

didnt the police head into the UB while in the stands? if so then they were extremely slow in arresting the drummer, as there was clearly no horse sitting in the stands with the UB,

Or else the guy huckled from the stands was for something else, and the UB are keeping that quiet

A man was arrested for banging a drum in the concourse when a horse was outside.

Sorry but your conspiracy theories are wrong.

also i still think the UB are hiding something,

:lol:

It's not like we were the only ones who witnessed all this, there was plenty other fans. If we were "hiding something" or lying, theres a lot of people who saw it all and can come out and say we're talking shite. Nobody has done so for a very evident reason...

wow getting wrongfully convicted takes se doing! were you cleared or just keep protesting your innocence!

No I was convicted. I was just a kid, so it didn't really ruin my life, but it certainly destroyed any faith I had that our legal system could be trusted to get it right.

It's not like we were the only ones who witnessed all this, there was plenty other fans. If we were "hiding something" or lying, theres a lot of people who saw it all and can come out and say we're talking shite. Nobody has done so for a very evident reason...

They've been whacked? :craphead:

so if the guy was arrested for supposed sectarian singing others outside the UB would know this how?

its my opinion so you guys can like it or not, ive been to more games than i can remember, and some in states where i cant remember, and never have i had trouble with the law or seen fans getting into trouble with the law unless it was required for the law to get involved

the police in this country have a reputation for doing fuck all, being workshy and lazy bastards, imo if it was something simple then they would have got the stewards to deal with it

and even if it was a wrongful arrest, other fans with absolutely nothing connecting them to the incident should not be getting involved, that just asks for trouble

No I was convicted. I was just a kid, so it didn't really ruin my life, but it certainly destroyed any faith I had that our legal system could be trusted to get it right.

that isnt the coppers fault though, they simply acted on the evidence, it was the courts that fucked up

that isnt the coppers fault though, they simply acted on the evidence, it was the courts that fucked up

Yes, that's my point.

BNB is saying we should leave it for the courts to right any wrongful arrests. I'm saying they can't be trusted to get it right either!

Note: The police's conduct in my case was impeccable.

Yes, that's my point.

BNB is saying we should leave it for the courts to right any wrongful arrests. I'm saying they can't be trusted to get it right either!

Note: The police's conduct in my case was impeccable.

ah i get you now, thought you were arguing against him saying not to go in mob handed against the coppers

aye right......

.sorry.."we're only doing our job" (sometimes going for an easy option, mind you)...., doesn't cut the mustard

polis have had a free hand to do what the fuck they like against football supporters for as long as I can remember

they are used as a government tool to crack the whip against whoever, be it football fans, miners,

Only one winner ?....don't think so !

we stood up to Franco's brownshirts in Barcelona

the rest is history !

ah i get you now, thought you were arguing against him saying not to go in mob handed against the coppers

I should also add that any outside observer hearing the evidence would have been in no doubt as to my innocence - the prosecution witnesses contradicted themselves constantly.