Union Bears statement

dezrfc1

No I was convicted. I was just a kid, so it didn't really ruin my life, but it certainly destroyed any faith I had that our legal system could be trusted to get it right.

sorry GB, i'lltake your word for it but looking outside in don't most people 'convicted' say someone got it wrong - even though they are 'mainly' guilty! ?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should also add that any outside observer hearing the evidence would have been in no doubt as to my innocence - the prosecution witnesses contradicted themselves constantly.

but despite their obvious contradictions you were still found guilty! mmmm - it's like when a penalty is given - the team getting the penty against always moan innocence ! but it's still a penalty'

polis have had a free hand to do what the fuck they like against football supporters for as long as I can remember

if thats the case then why isnt this happeneing everyweek, why havent the coppers waded into old firm games recently, or even just normal games

why arent coppers wading into edinburgh derby games,

but despite their obvious contradictions you were still found guilty! mmmm - it's like when a penalty is given - the team getting the penty against always moan innocence ! but it's still a penalty'

I'll leave you to think what you will BP9.

I know what really happened, and I know why it happened.

But we're not here to discuss that, I just threw it in as an exemplum. You can take it or leave it as you wish.

That's actually my point! If the prosecution had put forward a convincing argument, then you could argue that the court had no option but to go with the most plausible explanation.

But they didn't and they didn't!

I'll leave you to think what you will BP9.

I know what really happened, and I know why it happened.

But we're not here to discuss that, I just threw it in as an exemplum. You can take it or leave it as you wish.

ok fair enough but it's a shame it has tainted your thinking - but i can understand that- but a shame never the less!

if thats the case then why isnt this happeneing everyweek, why havent the coppers waded into old firm games recently, or even just normal games

why arent coppers wading into edinburgh derby games,

Quite so............the fuzz haven't got wired into any old firm games recently...........

can't remember the last one TBH

ok fair enough but it's a shame it has tainted your thinking - but i can understand that- but a shame never the less!

I was on High Court Jury duty recently, and was appalled at how shambolic the whole trial was.

The prosecution brought in a shop salesman from Dixons as an expert on mobile phone technology ffs!!!

See when we just sang wtf we wanted we didn't need a wee group!

50,000 being back up to our knees in it would soon sort this shit :D

Aye! and that's where we would be after it flew off the fan :000000082:

Ah love fuckin' reminiscing :pipe:

And BTW!....Merry Christmas ya mad bastard :cheers:

Just to get the facts right. From your perspective:

The fans should not try to stop a perceived injustice? Even though they are there, you were not, and they seen or were at the point of offence being committed.

You should never bang a drum near a horse? Establishment and public order horses are specifically trained for that. Horse bands, gunfire, whistles, bombs...

That our fans were at fault? When you were not there and seen nothing. You ask, who are you to pass judgement. I ask you that same question. So at least we agree on one thing.

Edited to fix damned autocorrect

Before I got to this post, this is roughly what I was going to say. Polis horses have experienced more riot situations than most of us ever have, or will. Justifying polis actions by defending a horse is just clutching at straws. If the bloody horse was sensitive to noise, then why was it at a noisy football stadium? Sadly, I don't know the facts of what happened at the game, but the UB get my support. All things Rangers have been attacked for months and months and now we are fighting back. It doesn't matter if it's SPL, SFA, the mhedia or the polis having a go. We have to be smart and be ready to record stuff that is unjust. At the end of the day, we are under attack from all and sundry, while we are just trying to get on with it. If we let the haters (and the polis) keep making scenes and we record it, then it wont be long before they show themselves for what they really are.....sad bastards!

WATP

Before I got to this post, this is roughly what I was going to say. Polis horses have experienced more riot situations than most of us ever have, or will. Justifying polis actions by defending a horse is just clutching at straws. If the bloody horse was sensitive to noise, then why was it at a noisy football stadium? Sadly, I don't know the facts of what happened at the game, but the UB get my support. All things Rangers have been attacked for months and months and now we are fighting back. It doesn't matter if it's SPL, SFA, the mhedia or the polis having a go. We have to be smart and be ready to record stuff that is unjust. At the end of the day, we are under attack from all and sundry, while we are just trying to get on with it. If we let the haters (and the polis) keep making scenes and we record it, then it wont be long before they show themselves for what they really are.....sad bastards!

WATP

It's in the name of Strathy Police Horsing Integrity !

Aye! and that's where we would be after it flew off the fan :000000082:

Ah love fuckin' reminiscing :pipe:

And BTW!....Merry Christmas ya mad bastard :cheers:

And to you and the family mate, let's hope we see yae in the Red Lion before too long! Mind yae don't need to wear yer Aussie top next time :D

And to you and the family mate, let's hope we see yae in the Red Lion before too long! Mind yae don't need to wear yer Aussie top next time :D

Unless I snuff it in the meantime, I will defo be in the Red Lion,mate! :cheers: and there will be no reason to wear my Aussie top from the world cup in Sth, Africa,next time :D

Unless I snuff it in the meantime, I will defo be in the Red Lion,mate! :cheers: and there will be no reason to wear my Aussie top from the world cup in Sth, Africa,next time :D

The booler never quite got why yae had that on :lol:

Well mate your made of good protestant blood so I'm sure you'll not be dropping off anytime soon

Furthermore, the situation you describe is not a statutory defence nor a decision in High Court appeal, which would make it a precedent and therfore binding on the lower courts. You described a verdict of Not Guilty in a case you were involved in which is not binding and does not change the law in any way.

It is an inferred defence if you like. The police say you were obsctructing while they were trying to arrest you and the evidence pointed to the contrary, which showed that the case against you was not proved rather than an actual defence.

After watching the video evidence, that was the proposal my lawyer put to me. I agreed it was sound, and so did the judge. Got to admit, was probably one of the most fun things I have watched - polis that thought the were hard as fuck team handed, with quivering lips and sweat dripping from them as they all got ripped a new arsehole off my lawyer and the judge slamming their actions that night. Point is, my lawyer seen a defence, I dont which point of law he was arguing, but whatever it was, the judge agreed. Maybe there wasn't a point of law, maybe it was hust so obvious from the tape that I shouldn't have been arrested, but the opinion I got was my lawyer was arguing a point of law and the judge seemed to agree, so maybe you should have a look into that.

Asking who you worked for was to a post you wrote saying you deal with police complaints daily, so I thought you worked for the police complaints commission by the way it was worded.

The booler never quite got why yae had that on :lol:

Well mate your made of good protestant blood so I'm sure you'll not be dropping off anytime soon

I think the booler thought i would have an Aussie accent so I would be recognised quite easily :000000082:

BTW! Whatever happened tae the booler? He is another one of many regular posters who seemed to disappear off the planet lately.

I'm also not planning on going in a Pine box anytime soon (unless i get hit by a bus) but I will know more in March when I go for my next (and hopefully) last test :pipe:

I think the booler thought i would have an Aussie accent so I would be recognised quite easily :000000082:

BTW! Whatever happened tae the booler? He is another one of many regular posters who seemed to disappear off the planet lately.

I'm also not planning on going in a Pine box anytime soon (unless i get hit by a bus) but I will know more in March when I go for my next (and hopefully) last test :pipe:

I missed the actual argument that made him decide to leave but apparently he's over on VB now! Big loss to the site! He's a good guy aswell!

Well mate let's hope March sees you get the results you need and no doubt that will coincide with the Rangers gaining another title!

I missed the actual argument that made him decide to leave but apparently he's over on VB now! Big loss to the site! He's a good guy aswell!

Well mate let's hope March sees you get the results you need and no doubt that will coincide with the Rangers gaining another title!

That's a shame that the booler had a fallout on here because he was a fucking hoot at times.I must have being doing one of my legendary hospital trips when that happened.I dare say that we might have the title sewn up by March if we keep our head screwed on and put the likes of Queens Park to the sword ASAP.

I know we have gone way off topic on this thread but the fucking thing is going in circles more times than a tourist driving in East Kilbride :pipe: