Bring Back Terracing

JackAlex93

I watch a lot of German football on the television and was wondering if you bears would be for or against say the copland front being turned into a standing section with all the fans who want to stand in that area being allowed to move to that section permenantly!

I for one would love that as it would increase our vocal support and make home games more hostile for visitors!

Ibrox without BF1 at the moment would be a pretty quiet stadium!

Thoughts :rolleyes:

I watch a lot of German football on the television and was wondering if you bears would be for or against say the copland front being turned into a standing section with all the fans who want to stand in that area being allowed to move to that section permenantly!

I for one would love that as it would increase our vocal support and make home games more hostile for visitors!

I blame the niar mob.spoilt brats.

Was on proper old terracing at Peterborough last season in the away end with Brighton. The atmosphere improves but the view doesn't.

The safe terracing option would only work if it was an unallocated standing area so you could go with your mates.

Good in theory but will never happen, the Copland is full of guys who have had season tickets for decades and, on the whole, would be against this. If the groups are moved/standing is introduced then the Copland is the last place it should be.

The head of security at Ibrox will not allow it. /thread

As one of the older members on here I support the return of terracing for parts of the ground. Fans would be happy and hopefully the capacity would rise. Safety is an issue and the barriers that were used in the past could be pretty sore if there was a surge from the back during a goal or other big incident.

In the good old days you could walk from one end to the other at half time. I can also remember someone burning a newspaper on a cold Wednesday night to keep warm & no one batted an eye.

As one of the older members on here I support the return of terracing for parts of the ground. Fans would be happy and hopefully the capacity would rise. Safety is an issue and the barriers that were used in the past could be pretty sore if there was a surge from the back during a goal or other big incident.

In the good old days you could walk from one end to the other at half time. I can also remember someone burning a newspaper on a cold Wednesday night to keep warm & no one batted an eye.

Saw this many a time in the late 60s and 70s, wee fires on the terrace, often stoked up with the empty cardboard boxes from the cheese roll and macaroon bars sellers. Usually more at the cellic end as it was uncovered at the time.

As youngsters we would walk round at half time and were behind the goals at track-side. Sometimes missed a bit because of the wee blue mobilty cars. For the half time scores they used to put number boards in the lettered boxes at track side, which you could only see fro the oposite and adjacent terrraces.

You' have A...B...C..D........... and the programme would tell you which game was which...A. Morton-Hibs B. Dundee-Airdrie etc,etc.

Was a bummer when one of the scores was blocked by a wee mobility car, so you had the likes of Hearts 2 Cellic ???. and there were not so many radios in those day.

Miss the terraces as the atmosphere at big games was brilliant and it was easier to engage in "banter" as the cops were unlikely to come in to the crowd.