Fresh Attitude for 2013

scarkev

I reckon Ally isn't the right guy for the future, the young players aren't good enough and should be replaced with seasoned pro's (maybe some out if contract SPL players?)

How can you say that the young guys aren't good enough? But why so you think SEASONED pros are better? What makes them better.... the fact that they have had years of experience which our guys can't have .You can't compare 25-30 year olds with teenagers FFS.

Coming up through the divisions will (year by year) allow us to realistically see which of our younger player WILL make it at the top, unlike years previous where we have loaned them out or had someone say that they might be good enough, there is nothing better than 1st team football to develop players. It also helps if the players are actually played AND judged on their performances in their natural positions. That was evident yesterday when the two 'wingers' spent more time in the middle of the pitch than on the line. Granted better/more experienced players will be able to adapt to playing out of position (Lee for example) but its not going to happen overnight.

Same goes for Ally he needs more experience, some managers just take time which now a days is 99% of the time not an option, but we have 2 or 3 years where we can hope that he picks up on his mistakes and learns from them.

Jig will have to move back into defensive midfield as his pace will reduce as he gets older and we will have to look for a replacement (hopefully one of the young lads will shine at this). I hope that at least 5 of the lads become the core we build on over the next few years and Ally make shrewd buys in the transfer market as well as bring on talent we have yet to see.

This year has been about survival, next year will be about building a squad to play good football and take on all comers.

Just a wee question open to all Bears,have we seen any young players in SFL 3 that,given the chance,could make it in the full-time game?For an opener I thought QP's keeper looked useful as backup for Alexander but then he's a civil servant(taxman) and would hardly give up a cushy number. :7325:

Just a wee question open to all Bears,have we seen any young players in SFL 3 that,given the chance,could make it in the full-time game?For an opener I thought QP's keeper looked useful as backup for Alexander but then he's a civil servant(taxman) and would hardly give up a cushy number. :7325:

He could play for us now, after all the courts have proven we didnt cheat anyone least of all HMRC. ?

I too donr mind constructive critics its healthy, but on here lots of them go over the top at times.

We arr on a journey and it will tske Time, however I am also aware tjat as we go up these Divisions some of the Players mentuoned above may not be with us when we arrive at the top.

Jig is an example .

Can we really see him playing at the Top level or in Europe when we get back? I dont think so as he may only have 2-3 seasons left.IMO.

I also think no less than 6 of the squad we have wont be with us as we step up the levels.

Lets for now just enjoy watching these guys at the level we are and cheer them on .

On that note I remember when the Boo Boys where booing Ally at an empty Ibrox when he arrived, and on his back I almost got into loads of hassle telling people to stop booing.

That isnt good for players , but look how Ally turned out.

Onwards and Upwards.

The journey for Rangers after the mess of this year should temper undue or unjust criticism of Ally and the squad. The fact is this is a newly fashioned team from the resources that are available after the transfer ban kicked in. I applaud and give the highest possible credit to the players that stayed and to those that joined. I know they are paid well and I know they are doing the job the dreamed of doing. But they all had choices and they chose Rangers when it was the among the darkest of dark times in Rangers' history. And they have stepped up to the mark - the younger players in particular. I will stay very positive about that and even allowing for our Div 3 status all they and Ally can do is to win the league and move up. And that what they are doing.

I would expect Ally (and Charles) have to balance the need to create and field a team that does the job of winning the SFL leagues as immediate priorities and to keep / acquire players that will do that, with the longer term objective of fashioning a Rangers team that will challenge again in the CL as fast as possible. Now some of the players will do the first (I include the likes of Jig, Ian Black, Cribari, Kevin Kyle, Argyriou, Sandaza) but not the second. Even more than in any time in Rangers' recent history it seems to me to be the biggest of management challenges to rebuild from the platform we found ourselves with this year back to that second ambition. I hope that Ally is the manager that can achieve that.

My footballing priorities for 2013 would be:

• Joint top priority - win Div 3 and be leading Div 2 as at 31 Dec 2013
  • No transfers out of any of the younger players in any of the transfer windows in 2013 and 2014. In fact until they get to ages 22 - 25 I'd prefer them all to stay so that they all get a chance to develop and prove themselves on the pitch in first team action. Its too early to say for most of them whether or not they will develop into top flight players. They need to be given opportunity and enouragement to do so.
  • Win the Scottish Cup. It may seem a stretch target for a new team but we enter to win and we will play to win games so its a respectable target to have.
  • For the next transfer window or the one after find a couple of the best emerging young strikers who could be capable of being the finished article at a point in time when it becomes realistically possible for us to be challenging for the right to play in CL again. Would be great if they came through our own youth development policy.

The journey for Rangers after the mess of this year should temper undue or unjust criticism of Ally and the squad. The fact is this is a newly fashioned team from the resources that are available after the transfer ban kicked in. I applaud and give the highest possible credit to the players that stayed and to those that joined. I know they are paid well and I know they are doing the job the dreamed of doing. But they all had choices and they chose Rangers when it was the among the darkest of dark times in Rangers' history. And they have stepped up to the mark - the younger players in particular. I will stay very positive about that and even allowing for our Div 3 status all they and Ally can do is to win the league and move up. And that what they are doing.

I would expect Ally (and Charles) have to balance the need to create and field a team that does the job of winning the SFL leagues as immediate priorities and to keep / acquire players that will do that, with the longer term objective of fashioning a Rangers team that will challenge again in the CL as fast as possible. Now some of the players will do the first (I include the likes of Jig, Ian Black, Cribari, Kevin Kyle, Argyriou, Sandaza) but not the second. Even more than in any time in Rangers' recent history it seems to me to be the biggest of management challenges to rebuild from the platform we found ourselves with this year back to that second ambition. I hope that Ally is the manager that can achieve that.

My footballing priorities for 2013 would be:

• Joint top priority - win Div 3 and be leading Div 2 as at 31 Dec 2013
  • No transfers out of any of the younger players in any of the transfer windows in 2013 and 2014. In fact until they get to ages 22 - 25 I'd prefer them all to stay so that they all get a chance to develop and prove themselves on the pitch in first team action. Its too early to say for most of them whether or not they will develop into top flight players. They need to be given opportunity and enouragement to do so.
  • Win the Scottish Cup. It may seem a stretch target for a new team but we enter to win and we will play to win games so its a respectable target to have.
  • For the next transfer window or the one after find a couple of the best emerging young strikers who could be capable of being the finished article at a point in time when it becomes realistically possible for us to be challenging for the right to play in CL again. Would be great if they came through our own youth development policy.

What about the Ramsdens???

name='govanblue' timestamp='1356887953' post='1060684518']

What about the Ramsdens???

I missed out the Ramsdens as I the final is on 7 April 2013 and I was mainly looking at priorities for the calendar year to end Dec 2013 not season 2013/14. I should have made that clearer.

I remember a few years back sitting in the main stand at Ibrox with two of my mates watching the ‘Coop’ performing some of his magic on the pitch. In those days I would gladly part with my hard earned cash just to have the opportunity of watching and waiting for that piece of scintillating football skill that only he could produce. It got so that I could tell after his first touch of the ball in the game that I could tell how he would perform for the rest of it. Unfortunately, sometimes it wasn’t all that good. On one such occasion after he had miss passed the ball, one of my mates, with good intention shouted to the ‘Coop’ that it would have been better if he passed the ball in a different direction to one of our players in a more open position.

Suddenly about two rows below us, a guy who claimed to be the Coop’s cousin challenged my mate to discuss the matter further when we left the ground.

Now my mate, who was also a big fan of the ‘Coop’, certainly didn't have any malicious intentions with his advice but acted as we all do as supporters when things aren't going right. For me this was a prime example of misunderstood constructive criticism with a well intentioned shout from my mate on the one hand and the defense of the ‘Coop’ by his cousin on the other. I think maybe it's being part and parcel of being a supporter of this wonderful game that we call a football

I reckon Ally isn't the right guy for the future, the young players aren't good enough and should be replaced with seasoned pro's (maybe some out if contract SPL players?)

He's no good enough, tactically naive and only plays his pals

Only got the job because of who he is

I have to disagree with this completely.

At big clubs like ourselves, it is most often best to pick your manager based on several factors rather than just who deserves the job. At Rangers, you are expected to win every single game regardless, in almost every regard, who the opposition are. You are expected to uphold the finest traditions in which the forefathers have set previously and have a never say die attitude. You are expected to know what it means to be part of such a Club and know instantly what the Club's morals are and what we represent.

Not only this, you must have a sufficient knowledge of Scottish football. To say otherwise would be foolish and a prime example is Paul Le Guen. Numerous titles on the bounce at Lyon, you could almost say he fully deserved a job like Rangers where circumstances are similar (or were) at Lyon - titles, cup finals and European football. The difference is that Rangers players/staff/managers would not have been allowed to take their foot off the gas domestically as Lyon did in recent years. Paul Le Guen seemed to strut into Ibrox like it would be a walk in the park and totally underestimated the challenge. He signed players who weren't suited to Scottish football but, going by results, did well in Europe.

A Rangers man is what is needed at the helm of our Club. McCoist has been a shining light, a leading figure and a rock throughout the last year for the supporters - despite the effect it ultimately took on him. He knows what it means to play for Rangers, he knows the way in which we go about our business. He is probably the most respectable, dignified, class-filled individual to be in charge of the Club. While those around us were taking digs, it could have easy for Ally to have a huge swipe back and unleash his thoughts and risked his own conduct. Instead, he has kept his emotions locked away and answered with dignity. I remember following the 4-2 or 3-2 game v Celtic last season he stood just inside the Ibrox tunnel and awaited every scum player to pass him whilst shaking their hand. Would you ever catch Lennon or indeed any other manager in the world showing that amount of respect for their rivals, a Club which like the rest of us he despises?

It was a nice touch and for me, Alistair McCoist epitomises every aspect of the Rangers way and is the perfect example for Rangers manager's to follow.

During our journey through SFL and into the top flight, Ally's managerial prowess will improve as while his managerial head. Going from Assistant to Manager isn't as small a step as it maybe sound/look.

McCoist led us to a 9 point lead last season in the SPL, before all hell broke loose in January & February. Despite what's happened, we sit 15 points clear of the 3rd Division one year on from when he held a 9 point lead at the summit of the top flight. Don't be fooled, this isn't an easy task. We do not possess a good team and in my opinion, besides Wallace, Jig, Alexander, Temps and the far from developed bunch of kids, we have players who looked good in the SPL because they were the best of a bad bunch. That's what players like Sandaza were, the best apples in a bad basket.

These players will come and go, just like staff will and directors. McCoist and these young players are here to stay and are OUR future. They will grow and develop and we have already heard of stories where players have wanted to come and play for McCoist.

McCoist not only deserves the job, the chance to lead the team and supporters to glory, but he has the ideal characteristics for the job.

I for one salute McCoist and will back him till the end, even though I've criticised him at times I would never call for his sacking.

A legend then, a legend now, a legend forever.

We are in a good position now in Div 3 in that hopefully relatively soon we will have won the league with many games to spare. Once in that position we can then really see a young team develop. Even more youngsters can be blooded.

Ally was not imo a great manager in the SPL. I think he will mature and learn a lot as we progress up the various leagues. He must have learned a lot these past months under C Whyte and then CG.

This spell will do him a lot of good. I will judge him over the next two years and I suspect by then he will have become a much better manager - hopefully one of our best ever, but time will tell.