***TBB Liaison Committee: Nominate members here.***

Big V

***IMPORTANT: SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED (see below)***

Given the amount of discussion on the various blogs and forums, and the number of people who have taken it upon themselves to contact FOCUS and the club, I am thinking I should push forward the nominating and voting schedule to get this committee up and running faster.

As such nominations will now close at midnight tonight (Saturday 5th Jan) - voting will begin as soon as I have contacted all nominees - ideally on Sunday, but no later than Monday.

-------------------------------------

The recent rendition of TBB at Hampden last week has re-ignited the debate about the song, with old threads being brought up, and new ones being made.

In addition, the fact that it was sung at Hampden with apparently no consequence may lead many in the support may think the song is back - and in its current form this can and will harm the club, especially once we get back into Europe.

Personally I am sick of all the threads, I am sick of the debate, and I am sick of no one doing anything about it, and most of all I am sick of not being able to sing our most powerful song. I am not alone in feeling that it is time we actually did something about it - both to clarify the situation and end the debate, and also to protect the club from potential harm.

To that end it has been proposed that a committee be formed to take this forward:

How will the committee be chosen?

By nomination, then voting. Nominations will take place in this thread. To nominate someone to be a member of the committee simply state "I nominate <name>" and if you wish add a brief paragraph as to why you feel that person would be suitable.

• Up to five nominations per person, if you are nominating more than one person please do so in the same post.

• A person needs to be nominated by three different people to be considered.

On Sunday 6th January I will collate the nominations and contact those nominated to ensure that they would be willing to sit on this committee if chosen, and then create a poll.

The poll will run for one week, after which the top five* nominees in the vote will form the committee.

*depending on the vote numbers this may be dropped to three.

What will the committee do?

• Clarify the legal position
  • Clarify the position with UEFA
  • Liaise with the club
  • Liaise with supporters clubs and organisations
  • Identify and agree with the club a set of acceptable lyrics that are as close to the original as possible
  • Once an agreement in principle has been reached, further liaise with supporters clubs and organisations to confirm agreement of lyrics and seek consensus and support.
  • Organise flyering/banners/tannoy announcement to ensure that the new lyrics are known and used (with appropriate warnings about singing old lyrics which will harm the club).

I would urge anyone who either feels this is not going to work, or is generally against the song, to please keep their opinions to the various other threads and keep this one clear.

Honestly we may not be able to do anything, but choosing and assigning specific people with the task seems infinitely more likely to make progress than a never-ending set of forum posts, so I believe it is at least worth giving it a go.

------------

Edit:

------------

Note that when I contact the various nominees I will make it clear that this will require a certain time commitment, and will involve a number of face-to-face meetings, each nominee that accepts the nomination and is added to the vote, will have the opportunity to write a short statement to be included in the vote thread - outlining who they are and what they feel they would bring to the committee.

ViniH

GovanBlue

D'Artagnan

Blue Nosed Babe

It would be a good to get someone Involved who is a member of the Union Bears or TBO

participation from section BF1 will be vital if this is to work.

I would nominate me if that is allowed because I can take care of the legal stuff and also maybe there needs to be at least 1 woman on the group.

I already have access to the requisite legislation and can find the case law we need in order to look at what is and is not acceptable, not to mention I can keep my cool in high pressure situation (You have to when 15 strangers watch your every move in a Jury Trial.) What we need to do here as the threads have said is bombproof the lyrics so they are beyond legal challenge, while retaining the effect we desire, the roar. We are also well aware that it is not the words Fenian (and Orange) that are sectarian in themselves and therefore illegal but the context in which they are placed. To that we have to look at Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 in order to make sure the lyrics would pass that challenge too cause you KNOW that some bastards will try it.

We have managed it will Follow Follow and I see no reason why we can't manage it with the Billy Boys either.

I look forward to being involved in any way in this endeavour, if I am allowed to be a part of it.

I second that :thumbup:

I would nominate me if that is allowed because I can take care of the legal stuff and also maybe there needs to be at least 1 woman on the group.

I already have access to the requisite legislation and can find the case law we need in order to look at what is and is not acceptable, not to mention I can keep my cool in high pressure situation (You have to when 15 strangers watch your every move in a Jury Trial.) What we need to do here as the threads have said is bombproof the lyrics so they are beyond legal challenge, while retaining the effect we desire, the roar. We are also well aware that it is not the words Fenian (and Orange) that are sectarian in themselves and therefore illegal but the context in which they are placed. To that we have to look at Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 in order to make sure the lyrics would pass that challenge too cause you KNOW that some bastards will try it.

We have managed it will Follow Follow and I see no reason why we can't manage it with the Billy Boys either.

I look forward to being involved in any way in this endeavour, if I am allowed to be a part of it.

I actually said you in another thread but then that's 4 av nominated haha.

If they wanted to I would nominate GovanBlue and D'Art (tu)

If people would put the shite with the VB aside and there is a VB whi is a regular poster on here then I would add them as well as they seem good at taking these things forward IMO.

Edit: I'm adding Thermo to my nominations as well in fact :D

LOL! If we all pull our collective talents together then I see no reason why we can't succeed.

I'll run this by you as I've said it countless times but I don't think you've seen it.

I don't see the c,ub backing it if it contains any lines regarding Celtic blood, paedo blood or anything else. If we want this to work its goning to need to be one of the original versions that where on the old CDs and lps. It's our song and it should be back at ibrox. I still believe there is nothing wrong with the original version but as you know that ship has long sailed.

So I think that's probably the road to go down. I just hope this time that we do go forward with this

I nominate D’ Artagnan together with billmcmurdo.

Bill has already commented on this subject in his blog.

Is bill in favour mate? I've not read that one.

My list would be

D'art

Adoniram

Vin

Blue nose babe

Kpl fishtank

Blue Nose Babe for a legal perspective and she can scribe a letter to the PF and Stephen House to take this forward.

Well done Vin, this constant talking on forums without action is getting us nowhere.

I'm not a ST holder this season due to other commitments but I'm willing to get involved, if needed.

I'll run this by you as I've said it countless times but I don't think you've seen it.

I don't see the c,ub backing it if it contains any lines regarding Celtic blood, paedo blood or anything else. If we want this to work its goning to need to be one of the original versions that where on the old CDs and lps. It's our song and it should be back at ibrox. I still believe there is nothing wrong with the original version but as you know that ship has long sailed.

So I think that's probably the road to go down. I just hope this time that we do go forward with this

Well we can listen to the older versions and see what we can come up with or maybe give the song a make over to modernise the defiance we feel. All within the law, of course.