The Official *** Rangers v Elgin City (Sat 5th Jan, 3pm) *** Match thread

govanblue

Think we could really use a right back with attacking strength. As much as folk disliked Whittaker, when on form, he was a good attacking threat for us. I like Hegarty but all his balls in we're general punts. Would love a bit of quality overlapping with McKay. McKay did well but again, just lacked composure today

All in all, simply careless

Of course. There's no excuses for not winning. We're all disappointed. But these things happen. I don't think we needed to change things really. Was more to do with the lack of quality into the box than us tactically not having it right.

l

Agree let down by poor finishing and our wide men doing all the hardwork but coming a bit short with the final ball.

doh, Allys fault lol.

He put out a team that dominated the first half, he made changes in the second that helped the flow of the team. It is not his fault that the strikers didn't put away any of the number of chances they had.

Naw, im sorry, but in my opinion tht result was largely down to our manager today.

Strikers? We had one striker, actual striker, in the whole squad uet he didnt get on. Mculloch, had a stinker from start to finish but played the whole game. We took the best player on the park off, for what? And super ally did his classic "lets make a simple substitution complicated.

One up front at home, fair doos.

One up front at home, against 10 men. Embarrasing.

When perry got injured, why not stick mculloch, emilison and hegarty in as a back 3, n stick sandaza on? We have a striker low in confidence, who needs a run of games, yet he sat on his arse all day today.

There was huge gaps in our team today, and little was poor out wide again. One upfront with no kne gettin near him almost all game.

Your makin out like we missed chance after chance after chance. Although we dominated almost all of the game, it was all very tippy tappy.

The reaction at the end said it all, elgin got a better reaction than our own team.

Naw, im sorry, but in my opinion tht result was largely down to our manager today.

Strikers? We had one strikers, actually striker, in the whole squad uet he didnt get on. Mculloch, had a stinker from start to finish but played the whole game. We took the best player on the park off, for what? And super ally did his classic "lets make a simple substitution complicated.

One up front at home, fair doos.

One up front at home, against 10 men. Embarrasing.

When perry got injured, why not stick mculloch, emilison and hegarty in as a back 3, n stick sandaza on? We have a striker low in confidence, who needs a run of games, yet he sat on his arse all day today.

There was huge gaps in our team today, and little was poor out wide again. One upfront with no kne gettin near him almost all game.

Your makin out like we missed chance after chance after chance. Although we dominated almost all of the game, it was all very tippy tappy.

The reaction at the end said it all, elgin got a better reaction than our own team.

What's the point of adding another striker when our deliveries into the box were as poor as they were today? What's to gain from it?

Incidentally, plenty of decent points in there, just don't get this notion from some that chucking another out of form striker on would make the big difference

So you didn't watch Temps and Wallace provide a masterclass in the first half, both of whom were giving good service to the attack.?

Jig did have a stinker, but considering the amount of good games he has had, I think he can be afforded one or two less than decent games.

Feel bad for Alexander though, he must be gutted right now :(

I watched it but i didn't see that. Templetons footwork was lovely but his final ball was suspect, Wallace seen a lot of the ball without doing much with it, his final ball was also suspect. I don't think the team helped Jig, the big man feeds off service, he didn't get that, i think he is also now at a stage where he needs a partner, a runner next to him. It's a tough shift that lone striker role for a young guy never mind someone at the end of their career.

I know, poor guy, it was a howler and a half, he has been great though overall so he can be excused for one mistake. He looked really gutted at the end. Again though, if his team mates had upped their game that howler wouldn't have mattered, result wise.

What's the point of adding another striker when our deliveries into the box were as poor as they were today? What's to gain from it?

The whole game and the opposition change when you add another striker into the mix. Space would have been created elsewhere on the park making deliveries more regular and possibly even easier with more space to work with.

The whole game and the opposition change when you add another striker into the mix. Space would have been created elsewhere on the park making deliveries more regular and possibly even easier with more space to work with.

Elgin were playing 10 men behind the ball. I don't see what would have changed with another rangers striker in there.

(tu)

If we had played terrible today I would understand some of the reactions, but we pummeled their defence, and it took an absolute belter of a howler to even come close to scoring against us. That IMO was pretty much their first real attempt at goal.

There is no decent excuse for our frontline not banging in 5 or 7 goals today, except that "that's football for you"

Everybody in the stadium could see the "belter of a howler" was coming though. The elgin manager played a blinder, wyness on with 10 to go was a masterstroke, as long as it stayed 1-0.

Everybody in the stadium could see the "belter of a howler" was coming though. The elgin manager played a blinder, wyness on with 10 to go was a masterstroke, as long as it stayed 1-0.

Another lower league manager tactically outdoing Ally and all the resources he has to work with?

It's all guess work now, we will never know.

Indeed. Yet some decide to slaughter Ally for guesswork, as if there's a magic formula that wins you every single game. I remain wholly unconvinced that us playing 1 striker makes us any less potent than us playing with 2,3 or 8 strikers.

Incidentally, plenty of decent points in there, just don't get this notion from some that chucking another out of form striker on would make the big difference

Naw naw mate, generally im very much pro-Ally, but today wa poor, and for me, it was poor from him. We played an hour against 10 men, at home. Like u said, we have an put of form striker. So get him on and try and get some chances.

Wallace should have been pushed up, templeton moved in, with 3 at the back. Only my opinion ofcourse.

Indeed. Yet some decide to slaughter Ally for guesswork, as if there's a magic formula that wins you every single game. I remain wholly unconvinced that us playing 1 striker makes us any less potent than us playing with 2,3 or 8 strikers.

I think he gets questioned, slaughtered is too harsh, for obvious school boy errors tbh. Your last point probably says more about our coaches than the point itself you are trying to make.

When your one strikers having a nightmare? Really? And against 10men?

Naw naw mate, generally im very much pro-Ally, but today wa poor, and for me, it was poor from him. We played an hour against 10 men, at home. Like u said, we have an put of form striker. So get him on and try and get some chances.

Wallace should have been pushed up, templeton moved in, with 3 at the back. Only my opinion ofcourse.

The problem was our creation of chances though. I wouldn't put an out of form striker on when we are struggling to make clear cut chances. Not gonna do anything for him really