The Official *** Rangers v Elgin City (Sat 5th Jan, 3pm) *** Match thread

govanblue

Should have ate that team ffs,how can you have 90% of the ball and not win.Their keeper pulled off 2/3 brilliant saves but our strikers didn't seem to know where the goals where today.Points dropped but we looked much better when we went 4-4-2 when MacKay came on,no end product though. (td)

I thought our overall performance was one of the better games this seaso. Our finishing was poor, maybe earlier substitutions may have helped but I am sure we didnt bank on loosing Perry.

We have lost two points but gained 1 so not a disaster. The boys will learn from this, i am sure Ally is starting their education right now.

Peterhead lost to Montrose. not sure if the table has been updated yet but i think we are still 17 points clear

Suppose we can take a little comfort from that but we were really poor and will need to start finishing teams off.We could have extended our lead

Quite chuffed with that at 1-0 , thought Black had one of his better games and a can see why Ally is keeping him in the team . too lose a goal at the end in the manner we did is upsetting but am sure we will be back with a bang in the next game with two upfront from the start .

so why does McKay have more assists than any other Rangers player this season? his final ball wasn't the best today but he still sent in two great delivery's that the players in the box should have finished. Why do people have a go at McKay but not Templeton who didn't create anywhere near as much as McKay did despite being on the pitch for 65 minutes longer?

Law of averages. He puts a lot of balls in, which is a good thing - but all too often his final ball lets him down, and I am not just talking about this game. I like the wee guy, he is one of my favourite players on the team. If he could just improve his final ball percentages he'd develop from an exciting prospect into a very dangerous player.

oh oh, here we go again on here

from what i seen of the game, this was one of they games that makes football the best sport in the world (unless its your team on the end of it)

meh the league is done anyway, time to just plod along till we get the trophy then play everyone under the age of 21 to give them game time

Its one of those days jim! As you understand they happen in football! You walk off the park scratching your head either wondering a) how yae never won or b) how the fuck you got something from the game :lol:

I thought our overall performance was one of the better games this seaso. Our finishing was poor, maybe earlier substitutions may have helped but I am sure we didnt bank on loosing Perry.

We have lost two points but gained 1 so not a disaster. The boys will learn from this, i am sure Ally is starting their education right now.

A draw at home against any team in this league with ten men should never be considered a point gained.

People having a go at McKay :lol: What about Jig, who was diabolical today? Or are we not to criticise him?

Alexander :anguish:

For me Shiels on was the wrong move today, I felt Fran should have replaced Big Jig - he probably would have if not for the injury forcing the change with Faure on.

Its one of those days jim! As you understand they happen in football! You walk off the park scratching your head either wondering a) how yae never won or b) how the fuck you got something from the game :lol:

Absolutely! We played great for most of the game.. finishing was poor and the game ultimately was decided on a goalkeeping howler..

As frustrated as I am that we have sold 2 points very cheaply today I am a lot happier with the tea today than when we WON against QP despite not turning up for 92 minutes.

I thought we were good today and with a more incisive final ball in and around the Elgin box we could have hit double figures.

Their keeper made a few decent saves and we had a couple of near misses to add to that. On another day we would have scored a lot more. Overall though we played much better than we did both against QP and Annan - Neil Alexander will have a sleepless night tonight after his howler, but I suppose a lapse in concentration is going to happen from time to time when you have nothing to do for 89 minutes.

All the negativity on here post match that has started and will continue to escalate is a little OTT after what was a pretty solid performance today (albeit one that was lacking in killer instinct)

First slip up in 10+ games.. not a bad record at all, even if you are playing amateurs, no result is guaranteed, it's why we love football.

Football is mental.I really enjoyed the first half,I thought we played great.Wallace,Black and Tempelton were having a great match.WTF happened?

People having a go at McKay :lol: What about Jig, who was diabolical today? Or are we not to criticise him?

Alexander :anguish:

ffs, Jig has been one our best players this season and most prolific scorers, so because he had a bad game let's tear him a new arsehole and blame him for the result :rolleyes: