Is there a need ?

D'Artagnan

At present the only book which looks at the Rangers crisis over the last 12 months has been written by someone with a particular hatred of our club. Is there a need for a book which seeks to look at the whole debacle from the perspective of the Rangers support ?

I ask because a number of bears have suggested I address this imbalance.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At present the only book which looks at the Rangers crisis over the last 12 months has been written by someone with a particular hatred of our club. Is there a need for a book which seeks to look at the whole debacle from the perspective of the Rangers support ?

Absolutely. Ideally, it would be an edited book, with say each chapter written by a different Rangers fan. You (or someone) could invite submissions and put the best ones into the book (with input of your own of course).

I think there is very much a need for a response, indeed I think a Stakeholder map of the links between those employed within positions at the SPL and external bodies and their paymasters from the East End needs to be presented to UEFA, etc highlighting the conflict's of interest at each and every junture and how the political republican poison has tainted Scottish Football.

I ask because a number of bears have suggested I address this imbalance..

I think the many on here who read your posts would be intrested in you doing this. Personally I think your posts/articles come across as being very articulate and have quite a depth to them . So I'm sure you could take this across into a book .So go for it (tu)

This part of our history definately needs documenting for future bears .

Very much so. The constant revisionism by our adversaries has painted a picture of our club and fans which is patently untrue. I think you, Bill McMurdo and Chris Graham seem to know how we feel and can put those feelings into words.

Before you go any further it's important to take one thing into consideration.

The existing book is fiction and filled with lies and inaccuracies.

If indeed you do decide to write one please don't go down the road of having a pop at the other book and the fantasy included in it.

Do it as I think you will, focused on the truth good or bad.

There is a need for the truth to be told, through impartial means. We all here, know that we are right when we state the wrongs. The wrongs however, must be brought to others attention by a non biased and a publicly high profile / respectable figure. Otherwise, it's tit for tat, he said she said bullocks!

Yes please Dart, there's still many a loose end to be tied up yet, But that does not stop you writing begining and a middle and leaving the ending open?

That would leave the opportunity for a sequel - lovely jubbly!

PS here is my idea for and ending.........

As i walked down the magnificent marble staircase and out the front doors of the Church of the People, joining the multitudes of Bears along Edmiston Drive. My Heart leapt for i knew then what they all already knew, this is not the end of the story, it's just the beginning.

Think it`s a great idea but as some have said , it will only be seen a biased if it is wrote by a Rangers fan .

But we still need to get this documented and put out there . Chapter 1)David Murray , Chapter 2) Whyte , Chapter 3) admin , chapter 4)

liewell/regan , chapter 5) Charlie Green, chapter 6) the fight back , chapter 7) BTC verdict , chapter 8) McCoist plus the Rangers supporters , chapter 9) Winning div 3 . chapter 10) , total domination .

Any book which deals with the facts of what happened needs to be written.

We have came out the other side of this not unscathed but stronger as a support.

2012 will be remembered for the wrong reasons, I would prefer to remember the positive stories from last year. Any book which sets the record straight needs to be written.

There is still much more to go on this subject and I think most people would wish to have at least a bit of the ending included. There is still too much to be concluded. There is the Arsenal shares money being misused at Pritchards where Whyte was involved. Not just our money missing either. There is the BDO enquiry as they look to liquidate the oldco and check out how D & P performed and what Whyte got up to. There is the police and Crown Office enquiry into Whyte's takeover.

By all means make a start on this volume but I'd wait until some more clarity on the above becomes available before publishing.

No disrespect but only if the profits go to a good cause.

People's time has to be paid for but profit out of a miserable time for the club does not sit well with me.

I would love to see the truth documented in that scenario.

And I think Dart is the very man for the job

This is a great idea and given your skill with the pen/keyboard it would be an interesting read.

There are considerable difficulties I agree - Briton I doubt we will ever get anywhere near the the truth, though we certainly deserve it.

My idea was a timeline of events which we do know - and commenting on such events using the blogs I have written over the years as a basis.

I think the many on here who read your posts would be intrested in you doing this. Personally I think your posts/articles come across as being very articulate and have quite a depth to them . So I'm sure you could take this across into a book .So go for it (tu)

This part of our history definately needs documenting for future bears .

this point exactly.